"Complaining" about Thai immigration issues while still loving Thailand

scottiddled

On 1/14/2020 at 2:22 PM, Matzzon said:

It was probably so boring where they went too, that they have to spend all their time complaining about the things no longer existing in their life. It can also be a call for help, because they´ve realized their mistake.

Some just spend their time complaining about the complainers!

You guys are acting as if only expats complain, the whole country is complaining about the <deleted> going on here, politically, corruption, air quality, no changes, bad education - the whole package.

Some stuff is certainly our own fault, like not meeting certain visa requirements but some other stuff totally deserved to be complained about, and that daily.

If you don't like it, easy, leave the forum - way easier than leaving a country where people have family. Just press the little x button in your browser.

Follow your own advice, it's so easy.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gamini said:

I think most of the moaning here is about immigration. They don't have the financial requirements to stay here. They are not genuine tourists and they have been using all sorts of loopholes in the past to continue staying here. They now complain  all the time because immigration is closing the loopholes and enforcing the law. Many of them don't want to go back to their own country because they're so ugly and unattractive that they could never find a decent looking girl where they come from. And most of them have no idea about the situation in other countries because they never been anywhere else except Thailand.

And you are here because you are a wealthy, young, sexy, Cary Grant type right??

6 hours ago, Traubert said:

Complaints about immigration is just tilting at windmills. Ten complaints a day is just competitive tilting at windmills.

Complaints about TAT and their figures is nobodies affair but TATs. It affects expats not one jot.

Complaints about Chinese and Indian tourists are largely fiction. They are people too. Some of the things said on here would result in arrest in your own countries.

Complaints about Thai drivers are fruitless. The rural community is too big to control.

Complaints about RTP are contradictory and border on slander in some cases. Just pray they don't become efficient overnight.

Complaints about air quality, welcome to Asia.

I think I've covered 90% of the daily input on TV and that's the whole point. In the Thailand section day after day after day it's the same stuff from the same posters. If you try to explain, give them a nudge. ease their way along the path, you're an 'apologist.'

Now Mr Puchiyank says that nobody had better tell him to go home (although he has) or they get a stern telling off. So do us apologists get the same freedom? Is it any less rude or confrontational to be branded an 'apologist?' What are we apologising for? Well, see, it's Thai apologist, we're apologising for Thailand.

Because Thailand is always wrong.

I’m sorry ...do you need a tissue???

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Paying more for poorer quality doesn't always sit well.

YEP!!!!  You are RIGHT!  Price is what you pay, value is what you get and it does not add up anymore in thailand.  Love the country, but there are ONLY 2 things i hate:  Immigration is worse than waterboarding and the drivers = death.  Otherwise, i love it here.  Many have noticed what you describe.  SO SAD.  I and many agree...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand that many folks have their reasons for criticizing the efficiency of various Immigration officers.  However, I just have to say that during my recent trips to CM immigration I have seen more than a few “customers” act out in ways that seemed imperious, confrontational, unreasonable, and just plain ugly, not to mention their mode of dress.  No wonder the officers who have to put up with this type of behavior on a daily basis strike back from time to time.  Just sayin’.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The rules changed after I came here, I could buy a 1 year VISA for being over 50 for 120 pounds from the consulate in the UK.

Hardly the most lax in the world, I can stay in Cambodia for $300/year, no 90 day reporting, no income, no TM30, no home visits. Philippines even easier.

You're just being an apologist. 

Salerno now on ignore.

I have a differing opinion so I’m an apologist. Ok....

• Like 2

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What wrong with that advice?... Answer: The lack of imagination involved with suggesting such advice... 

Just as the lack of imagination and simple common sense keep those complaining.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gearbox said:

It has, or it used to have...had something in the name like "independent means"

That's not really a retirement visa, they basically force you to live there and you must already have vast amounts of connections to the country according to the UK govs website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/extend-your-stay-as-a-retired-person-of-independent-means/extend-your-stay-as-a-retired-person-of-independent-means

This is also NO LONGER available, the UK doesn't like to give, they only take:

For those scanning the globe for an overseas retirement destination, the UK might seem like a perfect landing spot. However, at present, there is no retirement visa for non-EU citizens to move to the UK.

In the past, there was a program called the visa for “Retired Persons of Independent Means,” which granted expats residency in the country if they could prove a minimum disposable income of at least £25,000 without working in Britain. This program was scrapped a few years back, and no new option has been offered in its place.

Therefore, for people from outside of the EU (and maybe not even EU citizens, post-Brexit) to retire in the UK, they will have to qualify for one of the investment visa programs – which come with a significantly higher price tag.

Note: Those who qualified and obtained the UK retirement visa before it became discontinued, are still able to renew it and remain in the country for the time being

https://www.escapeartist.com/greatbritain/2017/10/26/visa-options-uk/

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

People seem to grasp what's being said....by the numbers! 

Yeah that´s what happens when you always try to fit in and please everyone with a one liner to catch likes, instead of using the forum as a discussion board for different opinions.

12 hours ago, 473geo said:

I am surprised how many cannot understand the difference between complaining about a birth country you live in

and

Moaning about a country you choose to make your home

This is the second thread you are moaning about moaning. I'm just saying - not moaning though. And if the moaners were taken away from here TVF advertising would collapse and there would be no forum to moan about moaning at last. Be careful of what you wish for ....????

Virtual moan over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah that´s what happens when you always try to fit in and please everyone with a one liner to catch likes, instead of using the forum as a discussion board for different opinions.

Some can convey a point in a few words where others struggle to do it in a paragraph! And believe me, I try to please NO ONE! Hang in there, eventually people may listen to you!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

This is the second thread you are moaning about moaning. I'm just saying - not moaning though. And if the moaners were taken away from here TVF advertising would collapse and there would be no forum to moan about moaning at last. Be careful of what you wish for ....????

Virtual moan over. 

i understand people moan, I don't envisage habits of lifetimes will change anytime soon, so on that point Tvisa will be safe for many years to come ????

I am contradicting what I feel is the faux justification, as I reflect on people complaining far too readily about a country they must have understood prior to making a move here

I have said previously, pretty sure not many arrived in Thailand to 'fix' the country but rather to enjoy the relaxed style of life without getting too uptight about the non western approach to 'progress'

So what happened, party over? Boredom? Isolation? Need to be involved in group activity?

I noted a post that suggested rather than have to suffer the moaners why not leave Tvisa?

When I am in Thailand I find little inclination to spend any great length of time on Tvisa unless looking for specific information, just as I do not use up much of my time complaining. Just a differing approach to life I guess

Thank you for taking the time to follow my posts, perhaps you could aspire to reflect on the content of my comments in your next response

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Some can convey a point in a few words where others struggle to do it in a paragraph! And believe me, I try to please NO ONE! Hang in there, eventually people may listen to you!

Yes, you are so good at it, so you made yourself believe in your own illusion. Nevermind, just carry on. Don´t let me disturb.

Op, if you don't like it here, please hopp on the next plane!

I really appreciate that you've pointed that out. It's my 18th year here and I could hardly go back to a country in Europe I'm not familiar with anymore. 

Here I've got my pick up, my bigger bike, my little bike and we live in  a great house that's not overpriced. Perfect. 

It's never cold and the few weeks rain isn't that bad after all. 

Would I now have to leave immediately, I'd come to a country where I'm totally out. I do not exist there anymore. My address is here.

It takes a while to get back into the system and they'll of course try to make it difficult for you.

Starting without a vehicle, apartment, (flat), house, but hopefully not at a house for homeless. 

And getting used to this life again is almost impossible. 

Not too many great chances ahead. "No country for old men..."

Enjoy life to the fullest!

• Like 2