Chiang Mai, Thai Immigration

CMNightRider

1 hour ago, nichopaulcnx said:

CM Immigration sure and I don't need to reply to absolute BS from someone who perhaps does not have the correct documentation !

By the way you write, I would guess you are Thai.  If you are a westerner being paid by immigration to write positive posts about CM Immigration, then they are wasting their money.  They should look for a westerner who can at least write a coherent sentence.   

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

By the way you write, I would guess you are Thai.  If you are a westerner being paid by immigration to write positive posts about CM Immigration, then they are wasting their money.  They should look for a westerner who can at least write a coherent sentence.   

Really, another useful post, perhaps you should look at your own posts, before making more comments that you cannot substantiate !   Have a good life back in the " Land of Milk and Honey "

• Like 1

I did my 90day reporting a couple of weeks ago. Got there (CM immigration) at about 13:30, after dropping off some friends at the airport. Walked straight up to the counter and handed my passport over. Was told I had to fill in a form (I forget the TM number but plenty of forms just by the entrance). Had to ask round for a pen as I didn’t have one with me. Walked up to the counter again and received queue number 45. No. 41 was being served. 5-10 mins later, my number was called. Less than 5 minutes later, was walking out the door. 

It is clear that me that some posters have really lost it. 

The building is woefully inadequate to accommodate the number of people who are required by law to report to this building.  I'm sure it was designed with this in mind.

Really?

There's something very odd about a few of the posters on this thread.

Why are their experiences different to ours?

Your other posts tells a lot about your character, personality and morals. That's probably why their experiences (and mine) are different to yours. 

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

If you are a westerner being paid by immigration to write positive posts about CM Immigration

You don't really believe that - do you? After that, it is difficult to believe anything you have said... good luck in future endeavors. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

You don't really believe that - do you? After that, it is difficult to believe anything you have said... good luck in future endeavors. 

When quoting another poster, you should quote what the person said not just part of a sentence.  I'm not really concerned what you believe or don't believe.  I simply wrote down what I experienced during a three day ordeal at immigration, which should have been a non-eventful hour at best.  I posted it for people who will be visiting CM immigration in the near future, so they can better prepare themselves.  If that isn't you then maybe you should just take a nap.

I think this may come as a shock to you but there are a couple of Thai posters on Thai visa masquerading as westerners.  Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish them from the westerners with low cognitive abilities.  If that isn't you then maybe go back to your nap. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Probably no worse than a marriage extension, and they only need to do it once in their life, not every year.

Not to mention, immediately after they can own land, get free heath care, a pension, passport, etc.

Then why are you in Thailand where you can't get free health care, pension etc?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

The posters who say you can walk into this office during normal working hours and get processed in an hour are being less than truthful.  They may even be Thais working at immigration.

You really think that the Thais working at immigration can write decent English?

I have been going to immigration office for a few years now and I have never seen any officers who can speak English beyond the lower elementary level, let alone their writing.

I went to immigration in November last year and my application was approved in less than 2 hours even though I went there at 11 am.

Edited by EricTh

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

You really think that the Thais working at immigration can write decent English?

I have been going to immigration office for a few years now and I have never seen any officers who can speak English beyond the lower elementary level, let alone their writing.

I went to immigration in November last year and my application was approved in less than 2 hours even though I went there at 11 am.

I had this experience at immigration recently, so this information probably doesn't pertain to you.  I have no idea what was going on at immigration in November, but thanks for sharing your enjoyable yearly visit to immigration during the month of November.  

As far as most Thai's not being able to write in English, one or more of the comments on this subject were written so poorly, it looked like it may have been written by a Thai masquerading as a westerner.

In all the years I have been reporting to CM Immigration, it has always been packed with foreigners this time of the year doing their required yearly extensions, 90 day reporting, and all the other reasons we are required to return to this building.  This year was the worst I have ever experienced.

I was so surprised immigration would go to the trouble of building a new facility that is woefully inadequate to handle the people who are required to report daily, much less than in the future.  Maybe immigration will continue increasing their requirements for foreigners to live here and don't plan on having many foreigners in the future.  I have no plans on waiting around to find out what their future plans are.  They have convinced me it just isn't worth the yearly nonsense anymore.

5 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

....I have no plans on waiting around to find out what their future plans are.  They have convinced me it just isn't worth the yearly nonsense anymore.

A long time ago, I made a comment in a reply to one of your posts (reflecting even then your complete disdain for CM Immigration) that I was puzzled as to why you stayed around given your attitude.  Now that you've said you are leaving and have no need for further annual extensions, hopefully you'll feel no compelling need to keep telling us how horrible it is out there.

Many people, including myself, experience minimal hassle and wait times at CM Immigration for annual extensions or whatever.  Some have had to wait 3-4 hours to get through the extension process recently (some part of which is due to the time of year when a higher number of people need various extensions) and, while sitting there for 3-4 hours isn't all that much fun, it's only once a year and one can possibly survive that.  Most do it without railing at the officers or the system. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CMBob said:

A long time ago, I made a comment in a reply to one of your posts (reflecting even then your complete disdain for CM Immigration) that I was puzzled as to why you stayed around given your attitude.  Now that you've said you are leaving and have no need for further annual extensions, hopefully you'll feel no compelling need to keep telling us how horrible it is out there.

Many people, including myself, experience minimal hassle and wait times at CM Immigration for annual extensions or whatever.  Some have had to wait 3-4 hours to get through the extension process recently (some part of which is due to the time of year when a higher number of people need various extensions) and, while sitting there for 3-4 hours isn't all that much fun, it's only once a year and one can possibly survive that.  Most do it without railing at the officers or the system. 

Good for you Bob ????

7 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

I had this experience at immigration recently, so this information probably doesn't pertain to you.  I have no idea what was going on at immigration in November, but thanks for sharing your enjoyable yearly visit to immigration during the month of November.  

I think it is probably due to Chinese New Year crowds from China as Thailand is just a hop away.

Anyway, you do write decent English and if you are glad to be back in the States, then good for you.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Going by his "stuck with two kids" comment I  don't think he wants them to have anything!

I believe BritMan is ignoring you guys because you appear to be low functioning posters, and are badgering him over something taken out of context.  This topic isn't about BritMans two children.  Maybe you guys can spend a little time outdoors taking in the smoke filled air. ???? 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, EricTh said:

I think it is probably due to Chinese New Year crowds from China as Thailand is just a hop away.

Anyway, you do write decent English and if you are glad to be back in the States, then good for you.

No it isn't. It is crowded every day with too many Chinese tourists and can add to Chinese students here too, and I can confirm to this going back to September for my renewal then a 90 day check a couple weeks later, then TM30 checking in twice from being abroad November and December.. I would not want to be at CM immigration office during this New Years fiasco. It is just way uncomfortable with so many people floundering around.

3 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

I believe BritMan is ignoring you guys because you appear to be low functioning posters, and are badgering him over something taken out of context.  This topic isn't about BritMans two children.  Maybe you guys can spend a little time outdoors taking in the smoke filled air. ???? 

How do you know that the phrase has been taken out of context and that BritMans two is ignoring anything.  Have you discussed this with him?  If not I suggest you are the one who should "spend time outdoors taking in the smoked filled air" and leave him to respond if he so wishes.

Went to CM Immigration this morning to update my TM30 Receipt of Notification (having arrived back from a short trip out of country on Saturday).  Walked up to the third floor, was handed a queue number at exactly 11:00AM as I walked in the TM30 office and was finished at exactly 11:03AM.  Not bad and even several minutes shorter than when I last updated this past October. 

6 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Went to CM Immigration this morning to update my TM30 Receipt of Notification (having arrived back from a short trip out of country on Saturday).  Walked up to the third floor, was handed a queue number at exactly 11:00AM as I walked in the TM30 office and was finished at exactly 11:03AM.  Not bad and even several minutes shorter than when I last updated this past October. 

What about the two hours drive to and from immigration?

PS

How many Chinese tourists coughed on you while you were there?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

What about the two hours drive to and from immigration?

PS

How many Chinese tourists coughed on you while you were there?

Did take 30 minutes to navigate Sirimangkalajarn, Suthep, and the Wing 41 road given the graduation mess on the west side.  As to your postscript, none.

Lovely attitude.

Edited by CMBob

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

No it isn't. It is crowded every day with too many Chinese tourists and can add to Chinese students here too, and I can confirm to this going back to September for my renewal then a 90 day check a couple weeks later, then TM30 checking in twice from being abroad November and December.. I would not want to be at CM immigration office during this New Years fiasco. It is just way uncomfortable with so many people floundering around.

The condition is going to get worse as the tourist population increases.

Seriously, immigration should reopen Promenada branch for those who don't need higher officer approval like 90 day, TM30 check-in, 30 day tourist visa extension etc. That should cut the queue length considerably.

BTW, 90 days report can be done on the internet, I don't know why people still want to add to the imm. crowd for this.

I prefer to do my TM30 check-in online if I knew how.

Edited by EricTh