Jump to content
BANGKOK
CMNightRider

Chiang Mai, Thai Immigration

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, nichopaulcnx said:

Absolute BS, I renewed my retirement extension recently, arrived 10.45  , 1 hour all finished !, I think too many people on TV have nothing better to do than complain !

There is no way you could have done this at CM Immigration.  What I wrote is fact.  If you would have shown up at CM Immigration at 10:45 am, you would be standing at the back of a long line in the parking lot waiting to get into the building just to get the first number.  You need to rub those sleepy little eyes and wake up.  This is for Chiang Mai Immigration, not the immigration office you visited.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

There is no way you could have done this at CM Immigration.  What I wrote is fact.  If you would have shown up at CM Immigration at 10:45 am, you would be standing at the back of a long line in the parking lot waiting to get into the building just to get the first number.  You need to rub those sleepy little eyes and wake up.  This is for Chiang Mai Immigration, not the immigration office you visited.

How can you be sure of that?  Are you there Everyday to check?  Do you have somebody there checking everyday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

There is no way you could have done this at CM Immigration.  What I wrote is fact.  If you would have shown up at CM Immigration at 10:45 am, you would be standing at the back of a long line in the parking lot waiting to get into the building just to get the first number.  You need to rub those sleepy little eyes and wake up.  This is for Chiang Mai Immigration, not the immigration office you visited.

CM Immigration sure and I don't need to reply to absolute BS from someone who perhaps does not have the correct documentation !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nichopaulcnx said:

CM Immigration sure and I don't need to reply to absolute BS from someone who perhaps does not have the correct documentation !

And clearly the wrong attitude. I wish all these stupid grumpy old farangs could go back home. The Thais would definitely be happier to have us here.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

And clearly the wrong attitude. I wish all these stupid grumpy old farangs could go back home. The Thais would definitely be happier to have us here.

Please read the post this relates to before making pathetic comments !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see what's happened to some previously sound and interesting posters on here.

 

I've not had a problem with Immi. at the CM office, it depends a lot on the time of the year and whether it's busy season or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

There is no way you could have done this at CM Immigration.  What I wrote is fact.  If you would have shown up at CM Immigration at 10:45 am, you would be standing at the back of a long line in the parking lot waiting to get into the building just to get the first number.  You need to rub those sleepy little eyes and wake up.  This is for Chiang Mai Immigration, not the immigration office you visited.

Gotta say, I totally agree with you, no way you can even get in the door at CM Immigration without waiting for hours.

Unless you pay an agent to walk you in past the queues.

 

There's something very odd about a few of the posters on this thread.

Why are their experiences different to ours?

 

And before anyone starts posting their usual nonsense, I've never had any 'paperwork difficulties' all my difficulties have been about getting in to see an immigration officer, followed by their complete rudeness and belligerent attitudes.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Gotta say, I totally agree with you, no way you can even get in the door at CM Immigration without waiting for hours.

Unless you pay an agent to walk you in past the queues.

 

There's something very odd about a few of the posters on this thread.

Chiang Mai Immigration 10.45 out in 1 hour, all documentation correct and extension approved.

 

This website is for informative comments and information to help others and I agree there is something odd about a few of the posters on this thread, who seem to have nothing better to do than make unsubstantiated posts!

 

12537 posts ! 

Edited by nichopaulcnx
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nichopaulcnx said:

Chiang Mai Immigration 10.45 out in 1 hour, all documentation correct and extension approved.

 

This website is for informative comments and information to help others and I agree there is something odd about a few of the posters on this thread, who seem to have nothing better to do than make unsubstantiated posts!

52 posts and an immigration expert, I think not.

On ignore for lacking credibility.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 7:29 PM, saengd said:

extending my visa has never been easier,

me too... and to make it even easier, I use an agent... for a reasonable fee they take care of all paperwork and drive me to the IO at their request so I don't even have to worry parking... we were back in their office, everything finished in 30 minutes... and they take care of my 90 day too... 

 

Compare all of this to what a Thai might have to go through to immigrate to my home country... people here should be more thankful that it is so easy to live here... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kenk24 said:

me too... and to make it even easier, I use an agent... for a reasonable fee they take care of all paperwork and drive me to the IO at their request so I don't even have to worry parking... we were back in their office, everything finished in 30 minutes... and they take care of my 90 day too... 

 

Compare all of this to what a Thai might have to go through to immigrate to my home country... people here should be more thankful that it is so easy to live here... 

Exactly, if any Brit has ever had to deal with UK Immi. at Lunar House in Croydon they will understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Unless you pay an agent to walk you in past the queues.

sounds like a good idea then... though in my 20 years on retirement visa, I have never had a rude agent... in fact, the couple of times where I had screwed up or there was a problem they were great about taking care of it for me... no extra expense... 

 

I have seen enough posts from farang here bragging about how they told the IO to F-off... and were rather rude... though some later admitted it was 'under their breath'... big shots on the forum, wimps in real life? - - I am always polite to IO's and have rcvd the same in return... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Compare all of this to what a Thai might have to go through to immigrate to my home country...

Probably no worse than a marriage extension, and they only need to do it once in their life, not every year.

Not to mention, immediately after they can own land, get free heath care, a pension, passport, etc.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Probably no worse than a marriage extension, and they only need to do it once in their life, not every year.

Not to mention, immediately after they can own land, get free heath care, a pension, passport, etc.

Plus memorise word for word the "twenty volume set" of Life in the UK, questions about which were not answerable by over 80% of lifelong UK residents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...