Frenchman detained after lighting cigarette mid-flight to Phuket

snoop1130

47 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Sacre bleu! His whole holiday went up in smoke!

When I read his name, I frankly laughed;
  "luck for France" as Macron 1 * king of the French likes to call them.
Another one who thought he thought he was allowed because he lives in a suburban city where the French police no longer dare set foot.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

Do you realize that people used to smoke on planes? 

Thought it was compulsory back in seventies? remember just about everybody smoked back then, planes didn't have "non smoking" areas, could happily puff away anywhere! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Beggar said:

Very bad. But I wished also people would be stopped to use electronic devices for vaping at every corner here in Thailand. It is much worse than smoking for others since a lot of "smoke" is created. Since I can see it now so often I am really surprised that nothing happens. I have thought it is not allowed... 

It is not smoke it is vapor just like boiling a kettle

I remember an experiment by Air France on long haul flights shortly before the smoking ban came into fruition.

They created ( Smokers Corner ) in the space where the toilets are located.
After people had eaten half went to the toilet and the other half went for a smoke all in the same 3 square metres !!

Absolute chaos, but really funny to watch ????

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I remember an experiment by Air France on long haul flights shortly before the smoking ban came into fruition.

They created ( Smokers Corner ) in the space where the toilets are located.
After people had eaten half went to the toilet and the other half went for a smoke all in the same 3 square metres !!

Absolute chaos, but really funny to watch ????

I don't think that was specifically AF. That time the smokers seats were in the back just before the toilets, so anybody wanting a smoke had to go there. At that point that was the standard on all planes.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I don't think that was specifically AF. That time the smokers seats were in the back just before the toilets, so anybody wanting a smoke had to go there. At that point that was the standard on all planes.

This was the only time I saw it and it was in the middle of the plane from CDG to GRU .

They even had new curtains with “ Smokers Corner “ written on them, they pulled the curtains closed and it was only used at certain times of the flight.

This was after the farcical last two rows of Business smoking with the Economy passengers sat right behind ( eyes streaming ) !!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beggar said:

Very bad. But I wished also people would be stopped to use electronic devices for vaping at every corner here in Thailand. It is much worse than smoking for others since a lot of "smoke" is created. Since I can see it now so often I am really surprised that nothing happens. I have thought it is not allowed... 

The "smoke" you see is moisture with traces of nicotine, which, by the way, is good for you!

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This was the only time I saw it and it was in the middle of the plane from CDG to GRU .

They even had new curtains with “ Smokers Corner “ written on them, they pulled the curtains closed and it was only used at certain times of the flight.

This was after the farcical last two rows of Business smoking with the Economy passengers sat right behind ( eyes streaming ) !!

AF were one of the last to ban smoking. In 1997 I was on an A340 from Paris to Houston. Most of the oil workers and half of the hostesses spent most of the flight at the back in "smokers corner". The hosties joked that the Captain had to adjust the trim nose down to compensate but it was so crowded back there they might have been serious! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1