Vacuum cleaner, bagless or with bag?

Captor

Hi there,

I made the mistake buying a Bosch Zoo´o bagless vacuum cleaner about 2 year ago. It works well those seconds it is running but unfortunately is stops every 20 or so second for cleaning the filter or something. It sounds like krrkrrkrrkrrkrrkrrkrrkrr in about 10 seconds and then it starts again and I can continuing the cleaning. And every 5:th or 6:th time it stops completely and I must turn it on again on the on/off button. This behavior is since day 1. I was stupid not bringing it back that time but I thought it is the way a bagless vacuum cleaner shall behave. But now I don´t think so anymore.

Is there anyone out there with similar experience from a bagless cleaner? Is this normal or not?

I am into buying a new now. This time with bag and Hepa filter. Has anyone any recommendation?

Also I wonder where is best to buy, were they have the most brands/machines? Is it Power buy? I am in Nong Khaem, BKK.

Thanks in advance

Captor

Good idea! That can be expensive. I have checked some vacuum cleaners and most of them at Power buy seems to be bagless so maybe the bags are very expensive. In that case maybe a bagless again IF the behavior is not like this one.

I purchased a phillips powerpro bagless.

works awesome and I love it, much better than a broom and pan to keep my tiled floor clean and has no problem dealing with my (2) dogs fur and does not over heat.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/philips-powerpro-compact-bagless-vacuum-cleaner-with-powercyclone-5-technologyfc935001-i208112008-s313320315.html

19 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I purchased a phillips powerpro bagless.

works awesome and I love it, much better than a broom and pan to keep my tiled floor clean and has no problem dealing with my (2) dogs fur and does not over heat.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/philips-powerpro-compact-bagless-vacuum-cleaner-with-powercyclone-5-technologyfc935001-i208112008-s313320315.html

And how is that one working? Interrupting the good work all the time or will it work until you finally turn it off on the on/off button? On your terms so to speak ????

2 minutes ago, sirocco said:

My Preference goes to the vacuum cleaner with bag.
It's easy to put on, and when the bag is full, you throw it in the trash. It's clean and you don't have to clean the inside.
Without a bag, you have the dust that comes to your nose, you have to dust everything. It's disgusting.
I have had an ELECTROLUX INGENIO for at least 6 years and it works well.
But wait until you buy, there are often promotions.
For information, I already had "bagless". Never again.
It is better to buy bags than to curse, to grumble, when you empty your vacuum cleaner.
This is my point of view, my experience.

Agree

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sirocco said:

It's easy to put on, and when the bag is full, you throw it in the trash. It's clean and you don't have to clean the inside.
Without a bag, you have the dust that comes to your nose, you have to dust everything. It's disgusting.
It is better to buy bags than to curse, to grumble, when you empty your vacuum cleaner.

Exactly my experience as well!

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

Check the cost of replacement bags and filters before you buy the machine.

Agreed.  AND the availability.  I bought an Electrolux from TESCO, then 6 months later I couldn't find the bags to save my life.  The unit sat for a year or so before Lazada came on the scene and I was finally able to find the bags, and at a very reasonable price.  It still took a lot of Googling and a guess to figure out which bag fit my exact model, which was still available for sale at TESCO in spite of the fact that they could offer no replacement bags.

Edit: And before anyone asks, I checked half a dozen TESCOs along the BTS and MRT lines.  Every time I'd pass one (or a BigC), I'd stop in and ask for the bags.  And some PowerBuys, etc.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Nah, not really it was broight to me from overseas with a buch of other stuff. 

I'm just taking the p---.  All in good sport.

On the topic of vacuum cleaners, I'm a big fan of wet-dry vacs for mopping up big spills and leaks and cleaning the car interior.  But the one I bought in Thailand was horrible.  It required a bag filter, which plugged up when it got wet (which is supposed to be the "wet" part of wet-dry.)  I later found others that were closer to the "back home" design with the foam filter element (and cheaper, too), but the 9,000 baht was already spent.  Not quite on topic- but I hope it's of use for future TVF'ers who search for "vacuum cleaners".  You can find a wet-dry vac in Thailand, but be careful to check it's design and functions.  Mine was a popular brand, and it stunk.

Edited by impulse

6 hours ago, Captor said:

And how is that one working? Interrupting the good work all the time or will it work until you finally turn it off on the on/off button? On your terms so to speak ????

Ive only had it for 2 months (need a new battery for my Dyson V8)but it happily runs for the 40 minutes it takes to vacuum my house barring the moments I need to unplug and change power sockets of course.

11 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm just taking the p---.  All in good sport.

On the topic of vacuum cleaners, I'm a big fan of wet-dry vacs for mopping up big spills and leaks and cleaning the car interior.  But the one I bought in Thailand was horrible.  It required a bag filter, which plugged up when it got wet (which is supposed to be the "wet" part of wet-dry.)  I later found others that were closer to the "back home" design with the foam filter element (and cheaper, too), but the 9,000 baht was already spent.  Not quite on topic- but I hope it's of use for future TVF'ers who search for "vacuum cleaners".  You can find a wet-dry vac in Thailand, but be careful to check it's design and functions.  Mine was a popular brand, and it stunk.

Good point! Thank you very much. I have been thinking about those as well.

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Ive only had it for 2 months (need a new battery for my Dyson V8)but it happily runs for the 40 minutes it takes to vacuum my house barring the moments I need to unplug and change power sockets of course.

OK, that sounds the way it should be. But be aware of the Bosch box cleaners, guys.  I will check out Dyson If I don´t find a bagged cleaner. Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Captor said:

OK, that sounds the way it should be. But be aware of the Bosch box cleaners, guys.  I will check out Dyson If I don´t find a bagged cleaner. Thanks!

If you buy Dyson its best if you have a visitor coming from abroad that could bring one in the luggage.....very expensive here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had an Electrolux bag vacuum 10 yrs or so ago. Couldn't seem to find replacement bags, even went to Electrolux service center: "No hab". Depending on companies to carry essential parts is dicey here.

I got a no bag vacuum and it works just fine.

I have a Dyson, bagless vacuum cleaner that is now 3 years old. Needed a new battery, 4500 baht and 9, yes nine weeks to get it fixed because they do not keep replacement stock in Thailand. A few months later it needed a replacement clip, cost 200 baht for the clip plus 500 for labour. This also took 9, yes nine weeks to fix. The Dyson factory is in Malaysia, I could have walked there and back faster than the service centre can fix a simple repair.

So for 18 out of 52 weeks in 2019 my Dyson vacuum cleaner was at the official service centre in Bkk. Never again will I buy any Dyson product. I bought a Bosch vacuum cleaner as a replacement because they have a call out to home repair service which cannot be any worse than Dyson.

17 hours ago, sirocco said:

the problem with cleaners with bag is if they stop manufacturing that certain cleaner

you won't be able to buy any spare bags (it happen to me) so I bought a bag less one

and its workingfine for about 4 years

• Like 1

16 hours ago, impulse said:

Agreed.  AND the availability.  I bought an Electrolux from TESCO, then 6 months later I couldn't find the bags to save my life.  The unit sat for a year or so before Lazada came on the scene and I was finally able to find the bags, and at a very reasonable price.  It still took a lot of Googling and a guess to figure out which bag fit my exact model, which was still available for sale at TESCO in spite of the fact that they could offer no replacement bags.

Edit: And before anyone asks, I checked half a dozen TESCOs along the BTS and MRT lines.  Every time I'd pass one (or a BigC), I'd stop in and ask for the bags.  And some PowerBuys, etc.

I nearly bought a machine that had  bags  from Big C. But when I asked  about availablity of extra bags they could not  supply ! No sale that time !

Using a bagless one brought from my country , works fine , but besides empty the container , the 2 filters  need with some interval times a full trough water cleaning and scraping the dirt out  main filter folds  

So there, I plusso. POST 26
For the moment, I manage to find some, but there will come a day when there will not be any more.
The solution is to bring them back from his country.
Thais do not have the same logic as us.
You just have to see the organization of the shelves in the stores.
I recently bought a wall stapler from HOM PRO.
As in the "pack" there were only 10 unfortunate staples, I asked the seller for a box.
He did not sell any and advised me a store which did not have one, which advised me another store ....... so on.
Ditto for an electric coffee maker.
I never found the right filter.
Either it's too big and you have to cut, or it's too small.
So, I cut. And I did all the shopping, new or older.