Vacuum cleaner, bagless or with bag?

Captor

18 hours ago, sirocco said:

It is better to buy bags than to curse, to grumble, when you empty your vacuum cleaner.

Do you dispose of the bags in the bin, are they made of paper or plastic, because if plastic, not so good for the environment, just saying.

Edited by 4MyEgo

It is hard to go wrong with a Sharp bagless HEPA unit for about 1,500 baht.  Maid has been using for the last 2 years after I got fed up paying high costs of other models (that cleaned no better) and then trying to find replacement bags.

I have a Samsung "Air Track" 1800W bagless that works great and always has strong suction. I empty the dust vortex thing every few vacuums into a plastic bag (on the balcony because dust spreads) and then bin it. Only problem is that sometimes the doughnut-shaped vortex dust thing gets clogged so the dust stops spinning around, but that's only when I don't bother taking the dust out.

I've had bagged vacuums before and after a few years it's almost impossible to find replacement bags. With bagless, you only need to get a new vacuum cleaner when the machine breaks, instead of when the manufacturer stops making bags / merchants stop selling bags.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Captor said:

Has anyone any recommendation?

I have two bagless vacuum cleaners, and they both works fine – if you keep away from the cheapest models, which might overheat and stop for a while; talk from experience, even I know never to buy the cheapest model...???? They are both easy to empty, and that's not every 5th minute – probably unless it's sucks into a pile of dirt or sand, I presume – and filter is cleaned once in a while...????

My first Thai vacuum cleaner however was a bag model. I had learned from my European home country to check for availability of replacement bags and prices – the fiber bag inside looked very thick and expensive of high quality – especially as I was buying the vacuum cleaner from a BigC store up Isaan. Nobody in the shop's department for household machines seemed to understand my question about replacement vacuum cleaner bags – I got this weird "stupid farang" look, even the staff was very polite, and at least looked like they were trying to understand me, and searched around half the department – so I gave up and went to first Tesco-Lotus, with same result, and then Makro, which was even worse. Best selection after all was BigC, so back again, trying to show the staff by opening a vacuum cleaner, taking out the bags and play like throwing it away, and putting a new bag in. Wow, that helped, now they slowly showed me – which I cleaver farang had already figured out – how to take the bag out... ???? ...and opening the end of the bag that was closed with a heavy plastik paper binder thing... ???? ...empty the bag in a bin, close the bag again with the paper binder, and put the bag into the vacuum cleaner. We all laughed – silly farang, me – vacuum cleaner bags, no problem...????

I've never seen vacuum cleaner bags on sale here – there might be – but I shall admit that I never seriously searched again, one silly laugh was enough. But I've bought several vacuum cleaners since, either with a re-usable fiber bag, and now later the fancy looking bagsless models, then I'm sure nobody laugh, because I'm not asking for bags...????

• Haha 1

We have bagless Karcher which is great for heavy jobs.

And we have a Makita cordless one 18V....also bagless...also very nice thing, small and light and can work 30 min on a charge. We use the battery for many more power tools like torches, power drill, garden brush cutter and so on.

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

It is hard to go wrong with a Sharp bagless HEPA unit for about 1,500 baht.  Maid has been using for the last 2 years after I got fed up paying high costs of other models (that cleaned no better) and then trying to find replacement bags.

Maybe I have the same bagless from Sharp and bought it also for that price at Homepro, until now very sattisfied.

From t.t.t. have to clean the filters with a aircompressor, but not everybody have an compressor.

As far as I remember it is the 4th vacuumcleaner here, before one from Electrolux with bags, another one from Hitachi, but all sh*t.

Edited by Peterphuket

8 hours ago, Don Mega said:

If you buy Dyson its best if you have a visitor coming from abroad that could bring one in the luggage.....very expensive here.

OK, I have so far not seem any Dyson at all. But good to know.

8 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Maybe I have the same bagless from Sharp and bought it also for that price at Homepro, until now very sattisfied.

From t.t.t. have to clean the filters with a aircompressor, but not everybody have an compressor.

As far as I remember it is the 4th vacuumcleaner here, before one from Electrolux with bags, another one from Hitachi, but all sh*t.

Maid has never had to resort to using an air compressor (although she cleans more often than required).  It replaced a 9k unit that was destroyed by someone using to suck up broken wall and made the decision not to buy highest priced unit again.

5 hours ago, Emdog said:

I had an Electrolux bag vacuum 10 yrs or so ago. Couldn't seem to find replacement bags, even went to Electrolux service center: "No hab". Depending on companies to carry essential parts is dicey here.

I got a no bag vacuum and it works just fine.

OK, thanks, I just came home from Power Buy and they still have the Bosch I have problem with. It seems to be that with them all if getting small particles in the filter the salesman said and demonstrated. So they are not good for dust apparently ????

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Do you dispose of the bags in the bin, are they made of paper or plastic, because if plastic, not so good for the environment, just saying.

If they are of plastic then you can wash and reuse them...

But I prefer paper.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brommers said:

I have a Dyson, bagless vacuum cleaner that is now 3 years old. Needed a new battery, 4500 baht and 9, yes nine weeks to get it fixed because they do not keep replacement stock in Thailand. A few months later it needed a replacement clip, cost 200 baht for the clip plus 500 for labour. This also took 9, yes nine weeks to fix. The Dyson factory is in Malaysia, I could have walked there and back faster than the service centre can fix a simple repair.

So for 18 out of 52 weeks in 2019 my Dyson vacuum cleaner was at the official service centre in Bkk. Never again will I buy any Dyson product. I bought a Bosch vacuum cleaner as a replacement because they have a call out to home repair service which cannot be any worse than Dyson.

My ex. gave me one when we were still friends (Dyson cordless vac). She didn't like it so had bought something similar advertised extensively on British tv. which she did like.  So myself and a G.S.D, no-one else in the flat and it lasted a little over a month. I was surprised 'cos when we were together we'd had the Dyson Rollerball thingy's for many years in a big house...no problem at all. I ditched it, bought a bagless something or other from Argos for about £70, no problems with it whatsoever. When I came here Dec '17 I generously gave it to my daughter. She has 4 dogs who live indoors. She still uses it daily with no problem.

54 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I have two bagless vacuum cleaners, and they both works fine – if you keep away from the cheapest models, which might overheat and stop for a while; talk from experience, even I know never to buy the cheapest model...???? They are both easy to empty, and that's not every 5th minute – probably unless it's sucks into a pile of dirt or sand, I presume – and filter is cleaned once in a while...????

My first Thai vacuum cleaner however was a bag model. I had learned from my European home country to check for availability of replacement bags and prices – the fiber bag inside looked very thick and expensive of high quality – especially as I was buying the vacuum cleaner from a BigC store up Isaan. Nobody in the shop's department for household machines seemed to understand my question about replacement vacuum cleaner bags – I got this weird "stupid farang" look, even the staff was very polite, and at least looked like they were trying to understand me, and searched around half the department – so I gave up and went to first Tesco-Lotus, with same result, and then Makro, which was even worse. Best selection after all was BigC, so back again, trying to show the staff by opening a vacuum cleaner, taking out the bags and play like throwing it away, and putting a new bag in. Wow, that helped, now they slowly showed me – which I cleaver farang had already figured out – how to take the bag out... ???? ...and opening the end of the bag that was closed with a heavy plastik paper binder thing... ???? ...empty the bag in a bin, close the bag again with the paper binder, and put the bag into the vacuum cleaner. We all laughed – silly farang, me – vacuum cleaner bags, no problem...????

I've never seen vacuum cleaner bags on sale here – there might be – but I shall admit that I never seriously searched again, one silly laugh was enough. But I've bought several vacuum cleaners since, either with a re-usable fiber bag, and now later the fancy looking bagsless models, then I'm sure nobody laugh, because I'm not asking for bags...????

Hi,

Hehe, thanks for your topic. OK it seems like the big problem is to find the replacement bags. Otherwise maybe more would buy one.. So I will look into that after I have found a model I like.

Right now it is an Electrolux with only 61 db. That is important as well. I tried it in Power Buy and it was really very much more quiet then the others. So now I have to check if there are bags. Power Buy did NOT have bags. They don´t sell that. They referred to Lazada ???? So I will probably buy the vacuum cleaner online as well since they don´t had this machine on stock at Power Buy as well ????

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Thian said:

We have bagless Karcher which is great for heavy jobs.

And we have a Makita cordless one 18V....also bagless...also very nice thing, small and light and can work 30 min on a charge. We use the battery for many more power tools like torches, power drill, garden brush cutter and so on.

OK, that is also a good idea, Thanks.

On 1/14/2020 at 8:41 PM, Captor said:

Good idea! That can be expensive. I have checked some vacuum cleaners and most of them at Power buy seems to be bagless so maybe the bags are very expensive. In that case maybe a bagless again IF the behavior is not like this one.

Maybe the problem is that Bosch model? Almost every new vacuum cleaner are bagless these days. I bought a Sharp EC-NS16-V in November 2018. Bagless with double HEPA-filters (in and out) and 4 different nozzles. Price: 1490 baht incl. shipping. It has been working perfect since day one. The reason for not buying a vacuum cleaner in Thailand with bags is that you don't know how long you will be able to buy the bags,and they are not cheap. Check out Lazada. They're selling loads of vacuum cleaners from every manufacturer. 

On 1/14/2020 at 10:35 PM, impulse said:

I'm even more amazed at the amount of money that guy sucks out of a wallet.

This topic is quite handy, and I’ll give it a good dose of reading later.

I need a vacuum cleaner and we are going to IMPACT today (mega show) I hope we can find something...

Edited by JAS21

2 hours ago, JAS21 said:

This topic is quite handy, and I’ll give it a good dose of reading later.

I need a vacuum cleaner and we are going to IMPACT today (mega show) I hope we can find something...

OK, let us know the outcome. I will probably by an Electrolux ZUSG 4061. That is a bagged one. Paper bags 3,5 L, Hepa 13, Long cord 9 m, strong engine 2000W and quiet 61 db. They have bags at Lazada and the same bags are used for many models and brands: Volta, Philips, LG and so on. So I think it will take time before they are not sold anymore. About 7-800 THB for 12 bags.

13 minutes ago, Captor said:

OK, let us know the outcome. I will probably by an Electrolux ZUSG 4061. That is a bagged one. Paper bags 3,5 L, Hepa 13, Long cord 9 m, strong engine 2000W and quiet 61 db. They have bags at Lazada and the same bags are used for many models and brands: Volta, Philips, LG and so on. So I think it will take time before they are not sold anymore. About 7-800 THB for 12 bags.

I thought the power was now limited to 1500 or 1600 Watts

14 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Yes it will be a cold day in hell before i spend 20,000 baht on a hoover.

Oh come on, just think the points the wife will get when she tells her friends that you Bought a 20,000 baht vacuum cleaner

I was thinking around 2000 baht, probably my wife won’t use it at that price......!!!

Edited by JAS21

10 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I thought the power was now limited to 1500 or 1600 Watts

I don´t know anything about that. But it says 2000W and 1000W which I guess is the real effect on the "floor". I checked it and it is really strong in suction. They have another one, Astina, that they said is produced in the same factory/line but I don´t know. That one was much louder and also that uses plastic bags for washing and reuse. I am not interesting about that. Also the cord was shorter. But it look similar.

11 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Oh come on, just think the points the wife will get when she tells her friends that you Bought a 20,000 baht vacuum cleaner

I was thinking around 2000 baht, probably my wife won’t use it at that price......!!!

Hehe, well the bagless Bosch I bought was 13.000 something bath and that was real <deleted>!

Big mistake!

4 hours ago, Captor said:

Hehe, well the bagless Bosch I bought was 13.000 something bath and that was real <deleted>!

Big mistake!

I bought a Z1120 Electrolux... It was reduced to 1590 but Mrs J got an extra 100thb off it...And it has a two year warranty.

I only want it for vacuuming out the car and also hoover the dust and cobwebs out of my computer.... happy

1 minute ago, JAS21 said:

I bought a Z1120 Electrolux... It was reduced to 1590 but Mrs J got an extra 100thb off it...And it has a two year warranty.

I only want it for vacuuming out the car and also hoover the dust and cobwebs out of my computer.... happy

Right, that is easy to forget to vacuum clean inside the computer.

10 minutes ago, Captor said:

Right, that is easy to forget to vacuum clean inside the computer.

I was changing the SSD, dropped a ‘Kin Screw I couldn’t see where it went so I’ve had to take everything out including the circuitboard. Still can’t find it. I think it’s gone under everything else so I’m going to put tape over all holes and put everything back and hopefully it will work...

it was suggested to me to use a paintbrush and a vacuum cleaner to catch the dust,  so I will....

Edited by JAS21