VIDEO: Angry British tourist PUNCHES Thai man on MRT

snoop1130

a few comments saying he was not thai pickpocket,where is the backpack of the farang.when I went on the skytrain sometimes I had a plastic bag no backpack.so I don,t know what is true except it was filmed by everyone on the train,go on the train all u see is thais or anyone on they phone  and face looking at it.so many different stories coming out

Guess they should ban the use of smartphones in crowded places. Or at least post reminders any damage or theft will remain the sole responsibility of the owner of the device. Otherwise this idiot must get arrested and charged for unprovoked assault.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I was expecting an aggressive Thai, but the Thai guy appeared (who knows the backstory, if there is one) submissive and there is no need to attack a guy not willing to fight.  

NOBODY will remember it was a Brit.  They all know farangs from every country has gotten in trouble, and it's impossible to remember them all.

unless a farang shot that kid.  Then it won't be forgotten.

I would love to blame the pollution, since it does cause aggressive behavior, but I've been on that rant long enough.  

Its not pollution its definately down to climate change.

I'm British and think this object is a complete and utter t..t! Probably a school bully in his younger days. Feel so sorry for the little Thai guy, he looks terrified. Hope the fuzz catch and deport him after giving him a bit of his own medicine.

Edited by jesimps

5 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I don't know exactly what happened and neither does anyone else seem to. I do find it a little crazy that someone would over react in such an aggressive manner in such a public place for what would otherwise be an innocent accidental knocking of something out of someone's hand. It would be great to hear from both sides about what happened.

If the smaller Asian man was a professional pick pocket who was caught in the act, acting terrified as if he was being attacked out of the blue for no reason would likely be in his repertoire of tactics to avoid arrest. The foreigner's aggressiveness is more consistent with a thwarted pick pocketing than having something accidentally knocked out of his hand.

Not saying I think that's what happened, just saying that I agree with those saying that there may be more to the story than what was caught on video.

There is no way the video started there! It's been edited for maximum effect

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

One sided account of the story, lets examine the CCTV from the train and read the transcript of the interview with the foreigner.

I read that page and it essentially says : foreign man bad, Thai man good

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I assumed the big guy protecting him was another member of the gang.

23 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The video is edited to miss out the first part of the argument! He definitely asks him about where he got the ipad from, inferring that he was a thief

So after Brit punched thai kid in the head the Brit decide to let Thai kid keep the Brit iPhone? I

ok, if you believe that. Up to you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The Thai apologists and Brit haters are out in force.

The thai apologists? 

Or the Brit apologists? (Brit punch thai kid in head =Thai must be the thief, etc)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Even at the ripe old age of 70, I would have caused a brief escalation by laying into the 'British' piece of s**t. Even with a UK passport in my own pocket.

He wouldn't have expected a full-on punch to the temple. Drop him.

However, he needs to be found, charged with assault, pay damages to the victim, locked up, upon completion of sentence, deported with a life ban. .. Banished. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I had an incident over Christmas my  Iphone jumped out of the carrier on the hire bike and hit the road face down and was dragged at 60kph until I managed to stop . It just got a few scratches and still works OK . Phones are a lot tougher than most people know . For me now my iPhone is just a phone not the be all and end all of life . This guy was a real monster bully look at how small the Thai guy was . His Karma will catch up to him sorry for the Thai he was like a kid almost .