British expat arrested for selling counterfeit watches in Pattaya

webfact

43 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Poor ole Mark, his last prospective customer was a short chubby man, who was not happy when Mark refused to lend him a watch, so he grassed poor man up to plod.:cheesy:

Did the fat chubby man have about 19 luxury watches?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mstevens said:

Granted, what he was doing wasn't right, but it wasn't exactly harmful to Thailand, was it? Is a ban really necessary? Give him a fine and let him know if he does it again the consequences will be more serious. Banning him from Thailand seems extreme and unduly harsh to me, and hardly fitting of the crime.

If it is a 'crime' then he will have a criminal  record in Thailand maybe. Usually that can get a person banned. Thailand is in a position to be picky. 

• Like 1

The real reason he was arrested was that when the cops came to "talk with him" he kept screaming  " Wai ! ?  Wai ! ? "    .    Obviously something was lost in translation ............

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

These fakes are getting pricey. Last time I bought a Rolex they were selling for 500THB back in the 80's.

10 years  back a genuine  Bali Rolex  was only the equivalent of 300THB. If I averaged the time each of the two I bought kept over a week it worked  out nearly accurate !