British expat arrested for selling counterfeit watches in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Racist police really, arrests based upon ethnicity. 

Thais do this all over the place. 

The thai/Burmese admit the watch fake. 

the brit lie and say they real

Another Brit snitch. Tattoo tough guy? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

A lovable rogue on his way home with a ban let us hope. 

I hope for much greater things than that - clean air for starters , and a repeal or relaxation of TM30 restrictions for desserts. A farang flogging hookey watechs to others isn't even on my radar ! He is following on in the great British tradition of wide boys. 

PS. what is his username  here !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Mark, who has lived in Pattaya for several years and is well known among the expat community, was described by a friend to Thaivisa as a “loveable rogue who just lost his way”

Lost his way!? Hilarious! He just the second Brit in todays news that "lost his way". ????????

On tries to beat up a Thai on Skytrain, and another selling fake watches for a living in Pattaya. Oh dear! I am so happy, I am not from the UK. They seem to frequent the news as the most troublesome non-citizens in Thailand for a long time now. How come?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Not that it matters much, but was he selling them as real, or as the fakes they were? 

100,000 baht for 12 watches seems to be the price from the BIB, not necessarily what he was selling them for.  And that's only $275 a pop.  I know guys who gladly paid that much for good fake Rolexes (though not in Thailand).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Lost his way!? Hilarious! He just the second Brit in todays news that "lost his way". ????????

On tries to beat up a Thai on Skytrain, and another selling fake watches for a living in Pattaya. Oh dear! I am so happy, I am not from the UK. They seem to frequent the news as the most troublesome non-citizens in Thailand for a long time now. How come?

Oi you mate - looking at my pint. Outside....

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Puchaiyank said:

You've got to be kidding me!  I'm surprised Thai counterfeit watch scammers did not run him off.  

Why would they?  He was probably a great customer.  He had to get his inventory somewhere...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Poor ole Mark, his last prospective customer was a short chubby man, who was not happy when Mark refused to lend him a watch, so he grassed poor man up to plod.:cheesy:

He tried to sell me one on Monday, it must have been one of last days in business. He was pretty mellow. No harassing me. Kind of a quiet fellow but the watches didn't look very good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, banagan said:

Ha ha, working with no work permit! So he's taking work from Thai criminals selling fake goods?

Or only a crime if you're not Thai?

I don't know why people connect working without a permit to taking a job a Thai could do.  You can be working in a field wide open to foreigners, doing a job you are uniquely qualified in the world to do, and still get banged up if you don't have a WP.  And you can get a WP and be legal to do lots of jobs that Thai people are perfectly qualified to do.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Mark, who has lived in Pattaya for several years and is well known among the expat community, was described by a friend to Thaivisa as a “loveable rogue who just lost his way”

Ran out of funds more like and needed some income!

When someone buys a Rolex on the street everyone knows that it is fake because it is cheap. While this moron mounts a whole explanation on the internet to make buyers believe that it is a collector who reluctantly gets rid of a real Rolex and that it is a unique case that breaks his heart because he has to need money. So those who more or less defend him by joking that only the Thais have the right did not understand anything, this kind of moron sells its copies ten times more expensive, like 20,000 ฿. He is nothing more than a scammer who steals hard-earned money without the slightest shame from gullible people, so my tolerance for this kind of individual is 0%! I hope he will taste a little time behind bars before being ban for life.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

When someone buys a Rolex on the street everyone knows that it is fake because it is cheap. While this moron mounts a whole explanation on the internet to make buyers believe that it is a collector who reluctantly gets rid of a real Rolex and that it is a unique case that breaks his heart because he has to need money. So those who more or less defend him by joking that only the Thais have the right did not understand anything, this kind of moron sells its copies ten times more expensive, like 20,000 ฿. He is nothing more than a scammer who steals hard-earned money without the slightest shame from gullible people, so my tolerance for this kind of individual is 0%! I hope he will taste a little time behind bars before being ban for life.

I see your day has got off to a cracking start. Don't go outside you can only get angrier as the days goes on. 

Described by a fiend to Thai Visa mate of a 'insider' by any chance ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

I thought it was only thais doing that or Indians.but generally I would not bother buy a copy either.they look nice last 5 mins.only  first timers to pats would buy I imagine everyone else would not bother

Some actually last for years...pot luck what you get