British expat arrested for selling counterfeit watches in Pattaya

webfact

Not sure what his profit is from this caper but he must be desperate to risk invalidating his long term status in Thailand for a few Baht. People should know the rules of their host country and abide by them. Interested to know what sort of visa he has at 44 YO. Certainly not retirement.

• Like 1

Most of them are selling fake watches as fake watches ,but seems to me that MARK was selling them as real ones. putting them in boxes with the watches' passports and everything . Even so , he got caught working without a workpermit and i think that is what this is also about . Anywho , i would never work with MARK the SNITCH , getting caught and emediatly snitching . What was he hoping for ? That they would let him go because he gave them the person that gave him the watches ??? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Hilarious ! Thais are selling these all over the place !  Ah Thailand fair and balanced 

3 hours ago, alant said:

Quite right, this occupation is reserved for Thais only.

Don't forget the Indian guys doing the same....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

He'll probably have to do some 'time' for this.

Let's 'face' it, he deserves more than the 'strap'.

Just put his 'hands' up and confessed, so he did.

A minute criminal; not worth a second look.  He will do time for this unless the story is a wind-up.

• Haha 2

Mark and I have some mutual friends. One who got banged up in an employment scam in the UK. The other is still in Pattaya but won't reveal what he does for a living. I only met Mark twice in a well known breakfast restaurant in central Pattaya and he had trouble written all over his face. Not at all surprised to read Mark is in the monkey house. Bad news is this bloke!

What an unintelligent idiot advertising online!!! Or even just selling them!!!

Mind you if any undercover police go to Sukhumvit between Soi 11 and Soi 5 and just walk around after 6pm at night then you will get many approaches from people selling them. I was in Sukhumvit Sunday evening and 1 offered me watches outside the German Beer House in Soi 11 then I had another by Soi 7 and a last in Soi 5. All this within 45 minutes!!! So that is where to go to find more people like this!!!

1 hour ago, URMySunshine said:

I see your day has got off to a cracking start. Don't go outside you can only get angrier as the days goes on. 

Described by a fiend to Thai Visa mate of a 'insider' by any chance ?

I understand that people who have the same type of functioning do not readily disapprove of each other ????

• Haha 1

Come on, give him a break, he's British after all, and loveable!

Everyone knows a rogue is not a thief, just someone out for lark, innit. 

The people buying the watches didn't think they were real, they weren't victims of thievery. No one was a victim.

And anyway, the people who live here do the same, it's racist to pick on him!

Let him off with a 500 baht fine like the others get, it's not as if he was Muslim or an Australian convict.  He's a Brit!

1 hour ago, OILMAN13 said:

He tried to sell me one on Monday, it must have been one of last days in business. He was pretty mellow. No harassing me. Kind of a quiet fellow but the watches didn't look very good.

Did he say he was selling fake watches or was he trying to pass it of as the real deal ?

Many years ago I was in Hong  Kong and one seller was insisting that he was selling original copies ... ???? ...

On the way back from Gulf War No 1 we had a stopover in Bahrain ? and some of my platoon decided to buy watches.

A couple of us bought 'Breitling' dress watches - really flash with a gold trim and band. $1300 USD each from memory. My mate did not get one and has hassled me ever since about it. Fast forward ten years, married to a Thai lady and doing a visa run to Burma. Missus sees the same (but obviously fake) watch and after haggling she bought two of them for 600 baht. The local selling them told her he buys them "by the kilo" ! Gave one to my mate and he bought me a case of my favourite ale. He still has his and it still works. The other one conked out just after we got back to C Mai. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Not that it matters much, but was he selling them as real, or as the fakes they were? 

100,000 baht for 12 watches seems to be the price from the BIB, not necessarily what he was selling them for.  And that's only $275 a pop.  I know guys who gladly paid that much for good fake Rolexes (though not in 

I actually bought a watch from him, I bought a top of the range Rolex, it had 32 days in a month.

????????????

Edited by roo860
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Racist police really, arrests based upon ethnicity. 

Thais do this all over the place. 

Not really, the BiB had a tip off that they acted upon.

If this guy was serious about living in LOS he should have kept his head down.

If he is surviving here via selling dodgy stuff, I for one have no sympathy...

4 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Hilarious ! Thais are selling these all over the place !  Ah Thailand fair and balanced 

Please tell us where ?

Yes I saw Thai selling 100-500 baht watch everywhere,

but here we are talking about watches about 10'000 B !