British expat arrested for selling counterfeit watches in Pattaya

webfact

1 minute ago, Mansell said:

There is a place in Patong where you walk into the watch shop, and then they have a wall open and inside A back room are all the high end fake stuff usually running around 50 dollars a pop.

Yup, it’s been going on for years and not just in LOS.

Singapore in ‘88, guy stops you on the street “ copy watch sir ? “, if you are interested you are taken to the basement floor in a mall just off Orchard Road, into a clothes shop with a secret opening in the back to a small room packed with watches and foreigners buying !!

Also bought plenty in Korea and a rather nice Rado copy in Jeddah.

This guy got into the game way too late and should have left it to the locals.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Lost his way!? Hilarious! He just the second Brit in todays news that "lost his way". ????????

On tries to beat up a Thai on Skytrain, and another selling fake watches for a living in Pattaya. Oh dear! I am so happy, I am not from the UK. They seem to frequent the news as the most troublesome non-citizens in Thailand for a long time now. How come?

And you are from....?......Take your time to choose....????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Lost his way!? Hilarious! He just the second Brit in todays news that "lost his way". ????????

On tries to beat up a Thai on Skytrain, and another selling fake watches for a living in Pattaya. Oh dear! I am so happy, I am not from the UK. They seem to frequent the news as the most troublesome non-citizens in Thailand for a long time now. How come?

The USA haven't been doing to good also, at least they an't shot anybody recently unlike the 'septic tanks'.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Thais are selling these all over the place

I've got a genuine Omega DeVille Symbol wristwatch for sale at 20,000 baht, but these days tourists don't seem to be interested in the genuine thing, so a fake will do, and there are plenty of them here in Thailand, unfortunately!!

Meanwhile in any thai night market  people are selling them

Oh and in Patpong if i recall you can order "high end" fakes (certainly not cheap ) my Turkish mates bought them and sold in Istanbul

I am sure its till going on

PS i have one i bought 15 years ago its still working works and is accurate on (casio watch battery)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So which country do you hail from that does not have its share of

idiots, @rseholes, and scammers ??

regards Worgeordie 

When did I say that? I am just stating the hard facts, that Brits have a much higher percentage of people behaving bad, overstay or engage in criminal acts in Thailand than any other foreign country´s citizens.

About my place? Ok, because you asked. It´s a whole planet of desirable fun, called Planet Matzzon.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

When did I say that? I am just stating the hard facts, that Brits have a much higher percentage of people behaving bad, overstay or engage in criminal acts in Thailand than any other foreign country´s citizens.

About my place? Ok, because you asked. It´s a whole planet of desirable fun, called Planet Matzzon.

Is your name "Pike"........?????...You do come up with some daft cr_p......

But then again, YOU are the bloke that stated/wants farangs on a 2 week overstay to be deported...????

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Oi 2 world wars one world cup doo dah doo dah ...

• Haha 1

Some of these fakes are pretty good these days, with good movements, and very hard to spot AAA copies.

The guys commenting of 500baht Rolex copies are out of touch and still think it's 1998

Seems Mark was doing ok...until it all came crashing down. So don't feel sorry of him. He rolled the dice... 

Screen Shot 2563-01-15 at 12.40.48 PM.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

A genuine Omega for 20k THB? Who sold this precious item to you? A Brit named Mark?

HaHa.........no, it is second hand and although a few years old is in immaculate condition, complete with Omega serial number lasered on it as Omega do.

Surplus to requirements now that my gold Eterna vintage watch has been repaired, so have 3 watches and one has to go!! 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

A genuine Omega for 20k THB? Who sold this precious item to you? A Brit named Mark?

https://www.chrono24.co.th/omega/de-ville--mod62.htm?sortorder=1

If it's vintage or few years old that price is realistic: https://www.chrono24.co.th/omega/de-ville-stainless-steel-3962432-nos-bead-of-rice-bracelet--id13080202.htm

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DLock said:

Some of these fakes are pretty good these days, with good movements, and very hard to spot AAA copies.

The guys commenting of 500baht Rolex copies are out of touch and still think it's 1998

Seems Mark was doing ok...until it all came crashing down. So don't feel sorry of him. He rolled the dice... 

Screen Shot 2563-01-15 at 12.40.48 PM.png

Ouch serious criminal enterprise then. Don't boast either on t'internet you are just asking for trouble. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Hilarious ! Thais are selling these all over the place !  Ah Thailand fair and balanced 

I think the fairly big difference is that the people walking around the bars selling these watches aren't presenting them as genuine, which this expat seemingly has.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Racist police really, arrests based upon ethnicity. 

Thais do this all over the place. 

1)

The thai guys on second road selling watches are not online, and they don't charge you 10k+ for their watches. 

2)

Everybody knows it's illegal for foreigners selling stuff without a wp and on top of that copies which is also illegal. It seems you're thinking it's ok. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

He'll probably have to do some 'time' for this.

Let's 'face' it, he deserves more than the 'strap'.

Just put his 'hands' up and confessed, so he did.

...just a second...you mean time has run out for this artful dodger?

7 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

I thought it was only thairs doing that or Indians.but generally I would not bother buy a copy either.they look nice last 5 mins.only  first timers to pats would buy I imagine everyone else would not bother

It seems he was selling them on line, I doubt his supplier believes this chancer to be a lovable rogue right now.

Edited by shy coconut
Spelling