British expat arrested for selling counterfeit watches in Pattaya

webfact

On 1/15/2020 at 10:32 AM, Jaxxper said:

Not sure what his profit is from this caper.

One of the articles states they were buying them for 500THB and he was selling them for upwards of 12,000THB.  Guess he is finding out what greed will get you.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 6:38 AM, pixelaoffy said:

Hilarious ! Thais are selling these all over the place !  Ah Thailand fair and balanced 

The difference is that the counterfeit watches being sold on the street - you know they are fake and that matches the low price.  The 'victim' in that case is the companies that produce the original item.

I am guessing this British criminal was purporting his watches were authentic and ripping people off online.  I am guessing he was making a much higher profit margin than his Thai supplier.  

Piece of scum.  Imprison him and then deport him.  Next.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 9:14 AM, URMySunshine said:

Ozzies, descendants of Brit convicts with a grudge against the mother country for crimes their ancestors committed long ago , maybe ?????

Are you for real?  Seriously?  Oh .. that's why we celebrate Australia Day - Jan 26 every year to celebrate Captain Cook's landing in 1788.  It's a public holiday.  We couldn't give a sh#t about the past.  Australia is a good part of the world.

A percentage of the indigenous Aboriginal people think differently however.  

Perhaps some people will hate me now for writing this. But I have a question. Almost every day I read about Brits behaving strangely in this Kingdom. Are they are so many or are they like this? 

Edited by Beggar

On 1/15/2020 at 5:49 PM, LiamB80 said:

This is Mark after his motorbike accident about 5 years ago. He still has a good size circular dent in his skull from the accident. Always wear a helmet.

CEF85D01-7A84-4853-A873-E49F09483AB8.jpeg

If he doesn't wear a helmet when riding a motorbike here, maybe he could plead insanity on these charges. ????

Edited by Leaver

Can't really tell by pics but 500b is just the standard junk. A good fake watch can run 20-50k.

Anyone with police connections please tell them to man the Indian watch hustlers on 22 and Soi Cowboy. AAF.

Edited by Number 6

9 hours ago, aussienam said:

The difference is that the counterfeit watches being sold on the street - you know they are fake and that matches the low price.  The 'victim' in that case is the companies that produce the original item.

I am guessing this British criminal was purporting his watches were authentic and ripping people off online.  I am guessing he was making a much higher profit margin than his Thai supplier.  

Piece of scum.  Imprison him and then deport him.  Next.  

Wow, all that on the strength of "I am guessing"

• Thanks 1