Immigration open Thursday , January 16th?

8 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

image.png.01330d8e50bc519ca53d20783478a09a.png

Since when has Christmas Day been a public holiday in Thailand? Pretty sure the Royal Ploughing Ceremony isn't a holiday, too.  Ditto Chinese New Year. 

Not the most reliable of sources.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Thats when i have been told to report next , are you sure they are closed?

They will certainly be closed on the 10th of February. Immigration does not always look at the calendar when the do reporting dates.

From the list of holidays for 2020. 10 February (Monday) Substitute For Makha Bucha Day  It is also a bank holiday.

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They will certainly be closed on the 10th of February. Immigration does not always look at the calendar when the do reporting dates.

From the list of holidays for 2020. 10 February (Monday) Substitute For Makha Bucha Day  It is also a bank holiday.

Its one month after my first marriage application , so i take it no problem to go on the 11th?

On 1/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, tinca tinca said:

IT IS TEACHERS day....which means ALL teachers ARE ON HOLIDAY.....not Goverment workers...

I know this as my lady friend is a teacher..

Not all teachers are off and not all schools are closed.

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Since when has Christmas Day been a public holiday in Thailand? Pretty sure the Royal Ploughing Ceremony isn't a holiday, too.  Ditto Chinese New Year. 

Strangely, I know dozens of teachers who are not off on "Teachers Day" and yet their schools closed for Royal Ploughing Day.

5 hours ago, Oxx said:

I'm pretty sure they are closed on Chinese New Year on the 25th, it is on a Saturday ????

But you are right, this is not a reliable source. Just a photo from an calendar.

Following up the post before.

AND:

Not just on the (bank)holidays the immigration is closed, they can be closed at any time if they want.

Last year I was there at CW on 4th of November, they were closed. Something with a conference where all the immigration bosses gathered.

The best two sources and compare them are: bank holidays and the website of immigration in your region.

(Although regarding the website, it's in a developing process all the time one day it works and the next day all broken links. The best information you will get from the Thai language pages..)

When I go to the Bangkok site of Immigration, I can just see a announcement shortly before the ''new'' webpages loads.

image.png.b13921b2ff425eda201741e6d57f541b.png

This screen shows when accessing bangkok.immigration.go.th

for a short moment before redirecting to the 'new' site

with old contents.

16 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

But you are right, this is not a reliable source. Just a photo from an calendar.

I posted a link to the list of Thai holidays earlier.

I had to use 3 different calendars to make it and a google search for a couple of days that that are not official holidays but are no alcohol sales days.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I posted a link to the list of Thai holidays earlier.

I had to use 3 different calendars to make it and a google search for a couple of days that that are not official holidays but are no alcohol sales days.

PDF file:  13 May (Wednesday) Royal Plowing Ceremony (Government Holiday Only Banks Open)

Make it 5 different calendars and re-check here and here ????

23 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

PDF file:  13 May (Wednesday) Royal Plowing Ceremony (Government Holiday Only Banks Open)

Make it 5 different calendars and re-check here and here

I checked that day on couple of calendars. It was correct in December and it is still shown on one them that is updated regularly.

I did not go digging around on all kinds of websites to find them like you did.

8 hours ago, Oxx said:

Believe it or not, both Christmas Day and Chinese New Year are public holidays in some Southern provinces. A little known fact is that public holidays are not entirely uniform, varying a bit from region to region. 

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Believe it or not, both Christmas Day and Chinese New Year are public holidays in some Southern provinces. A little known fact is that public holidays are not entirely uniform, varying a bit from region to region. 

The bank holiday list has this at the bottom of it. It does not mention Christmas though.

"For commercial bank branches in Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala, Satun, and Songkhla, extra holidays are given for Eidal – Fitr Day (Ramadan Day), Eidal – Adha Day (Raya Hajji Day) announced by the Sheikhul Islam Office, and the Chinese New Year Day if the date does not fall on any of holidays listed above or Saturday and Sunday."

Source: https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/About-Us/Bank-Holidays

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:
1 hour ago, BritTim said:

The bank holiday list has this at the bottom of it. It does not mention Christmas though.

"For commercial bank branches in Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala, Satun, and Songkhla, extra holidays are given for Eidal – Fitr Day (Ramadan Day), Eidal – Adha Day (Raya Hajji Day) announced by the Sheikhul Islam Office, and the Chinese New Year Day if the date does not fall on any of holidays listed above or Saturday and Sunday."

Source: https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/About-Us/Bank-Holidays

Here is the opinion of a more general source:

— Chinese New Year, Christmas Day and End of Ramadan are observed in Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Satun provinces only.

See https://publicholidays.asia/thailand/2020-dates/

Sigh! How can this be so hard?

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I checked that day on couple of calendars. It was correct in December and it is still shown on one them that is updated regularly.

I did not go digging around on all kinds of websites to find them like you did.

All the sources says Royal Ploughing Ceremony is on the 11th, except on TV.

I need to extend my visa in may, will go on the 13th.

Many foreigners will check the calendar on TV.

Immigration is open, and no queue line.

Perfect  ????