Foreign thieves make the national news - stole 30,000 baht from aged Ayutthaya shopkeeper

webfact

Foreign thieves make the national news - stole 30,000 baht from aged Ayutthaya shopkeeper

2pm.jpg

A couple of foreign thieves - believed to be a husband and wife - stole 30,000 from a 74 year old Ayutthaya shopkeeper. 

The couple - well dressed and with a car - are believed to be responsible for many more thefts in the area. 

But this one was caught on CCTV and clear images of the foreigners have now been seen nationwide after Channel 7 featured the story. 

The man in the video went into the shop supposedly to buy a ten baht energy drink with a twenty baht note.

However, once inside he produced a bunch of small notes and asked to change them up into a 1,000 baht note. 

The old lady owner produced a 1,000 baht note but he said it was too old and torn and did she have a newer one. 

This time she went out back and got a purse containing 49,000 baht and and asked him to choose the note he wanted. 

Instead of taking one he took advantage of the situation and grabbed 30,000 baht and fled with his female accomplice in a white car. 

The lady in the shop said that she was all flustered and didn't know what to do. The incident happened on January 10th at 3.30 pm in the afternoon. 

The couple are thought to be about 45 - 50 years old.

Nakorn Luang police said that the couple have been responsible for many other similar cases but the shops did not have CCTV. 

Now, police armed with the CCTV evidence hope they can crack the case. 

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-15
  • Sad 3

It's hard keeping up with all these falang low-life's popping up in nearly every sub forum. TVF you have a new click winner. I shall make a pro-forma template so I can have a standard response ready to go at a minute's notice. At last the reason for the TM30 crackdown is made clear. Keeping tabs on dodgy farangs. 

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

But this one was caught on CCTV and clear images of the foreigners have now been seen nationwide

But where are the clear images in this report ?

3 minutes ago, irwinfc said:

not the best photos,

well better than none !

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Yes, and dare i say he looks of Turkish descent.

He could be Pakistani, Iranian, Azerbaijani, Indian, Kuwaiti,  Armenian, American, German, British...I reckon we should wait for the arrest and passport?

They should have his pic on file...hows the matching software?

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

there should be a tribunal made up of expats these "foreign" scum should face. :clap2:

that will cut down on this foreign crime.

I for one being a resident farang would gladly kick his fat backside all the way to airport and back to where he hatched from. As for his missus she could do some time in jail to reflect on her actions to a fellow countrywomen.

Thieving at best is bad enough but from elderly shopkeepers who showed them an amount of trust and good service didn't deserve this!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I for one being a resident farang would gladly kick his fat backside all the way to airport and back to where he hatched from. As for his missus she could do some time in jail to reflect on her actions to a fellow countrywomen.

Thieving at best is bad enough but from elderly shopkeepers who showed them an amount of trust and good service didn't deserve this!

From the opener they are both reported as being foreign and she certainly looks foreign so stealing from her own country women does'nt really come into it, unless i misunderstood your post!

Edited by maxcorrigan