Trump ex-adviser Flynn seeks to withdraw guilty plea

webfact

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Turned over by Flynn?

No dude, turned over by the Gov. I havent read his lawyers papers yet, but I suspect shes gonna argue the "but for"...but for the govt concealing exculapatory evidence he wouldnt have pled....that would be the escape from the statements he made at the plea allocution.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nyezhov said:

No dude, turned over by the Gov. I havent read his lawyers papers yet, but I suspect shes gonna argue the "but for"...but for the govt concealing exculapatory evidence he wouldnt have pled....that would be the escape from the statements he made at the plea allocution.

No it wont.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

No it wont.

Thats fine, I can argue it both ways but I suspect that in view of the Sup Cts makeup he will win big, maybe Thomas will dissent, I dont know. Look to Sotomayor to write the decision, she has tons of experience in that area.

• Haha 1

Flynn pleaded guilty.

Prosecution offered no jail if he helped.

Judge said he will get time in jail.

Prosecution said he didnt help so changed from no jail time to jail time. As the judge was want to do.

Now with jail time he wants to vacate guilty plea.

Nothing to do with other evidence. Its just flynn being a knob.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats fine, I can argue it both ways but I suspect that in view of the Sup Cts makeup he will win big, maybe Thomas will dissent, I dont know. Look to Sotomayor to write the decision, she has tons of experience in that area.

Will only happen if sentence is manifestly excessive. Supreme court wont hear it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Supreme court wont hear it.

Well it would need to go to the Court of Appeals first, and yes, Im sure he waived his appeal rights at the allocution absent excessive sentencing, but if he alleges a constitutional violation, which he has or will, he can skirt that. I think the Court had a variation of that question in the recent case of Class v. United States. 

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Did I poke the bear? No apology from me this time around.

How many times has he been bankrupt? Thereby dudding many creditors.

The guy has boasted openly of scamming sub-contractors who have worked for him. He calls it good business. I call it dishonesty.

He is the only President in the entire history of the USA to refuse to release his tax returns. What has he got to hide? Loans from Russian oligarchs, perhaps?

He has tried to discredit a rival by pressuring a foreign government. That's not corrupt?

Finally, he cheats at golf. A man's character is revealed on the golf course. You may regard that as trivial - I don't.

I am assuming you have a little more evidence in order to be accusing the President of being corrupt? Bankruptcy is perfectly legal and a common business practice, you are 100% incorrect in your statement he is the only US President to not show his income tax returns, and he is not legally required to do so. You say he cheats at golf? Well hell why not call Adam or Nancy, that might be a stronger case for impeachment then the one they are about to have laughed out of the Senate. 

You tossed out the term corruption and have not produced any proof, typical leftist BS!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a bit confused - not for the first time when watching the US judicial and political systems entangle themselves.

Flynn pleaded guilty. Therefore the charges were not tested in court - yes?

Presumably Flynn did so because he was aware that, or at least advised by his lawyers that, if they went to trial he was likely to be found guilty, with all that comes from that in terms of harsher sentencing.

Now he has an inkling that he may be facing a rather short jail sentence, he wishes to change his plea, and therefore likely face a longer jail sentence?

Is he expecting a pardon? Can the President issue such a blatantly political pardon?

11 minutes ago, JAG said:

Presumably Flynn did so because he was aware that, or at least advised by his lawyers that, if they went to trial he was likely to be found guilty, with all that comes from that in terms of harsher sentencing.

Or, he plead because his bank account was tapped out. Or, he did so because the evidence against him on its face was strong, and he did not know what they were hiding. 

Heres what I mean. You get arrested for robbery and are told that there are three people who can ID you. So you plead guilty for a lesser sentence. Then you find out that the gov took the statements of 5 people who said it was someone else, including a Priest, a Librarian and a doctor, and that the ones who IDd you are junkies.

16 minutes ago, JAG said:

Is he expecting a pardon? Can the President issue such a blatantly political pardon?

No idea what he expects, but Presidents can pardon anyone they want. I assume that because of the history of folks getting pardons, a pardon of Flynn will nocuase more than a burp in the life of reasonable folks.

12 minutes ago, JAG said:

Now he has an inkling that he may be facing a rather short jail sentence, he wishes to change his plea, and therefore likely face a longer jail sentence?

Or, because of whats been revealed, he now knows he was fooled into pleading guilty.

Like Trump or not, if you beleive in concepts such as fundamental fairness under the US Constitution, you will wrinkle your nose when you sniff at the Flynn case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CaptRon2 said:

Sujo/Tug please provide specifics of your concerns and actual citations to support your arguments. Of course you have proof President Trump was directly involved in corruption? The man doesn’t even take a salary, and unlike most of the politicians he was already rich before he entered politics unlike most of the swamp who became rich while in it, and you a. Use him of being corrupt? Accusations without evidence, typical leftist tactics.

See post #56

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CaptRon2 said:

I am assuming you have a little more evidence in order to be accusing the President of being corrupt? Bankruptcy is perfectly legal and a common business practice, you are 100% incorrect in your statement he is the only US President to not show his income tax returns, and he is not legally required to do so. You say he cheats at golf? Well hell why not call Adam or Nancy, that might be a stronger case for impeachment then the one they are about to have laughed out of the Senate. 

You tossed out the term corruption and have not produced any proof, typical leftist BS!

Go to the long list in this link and that's all before he was even president. Anyone that was paying attention already knew about his decades long history of corruption before he was elected. But he suckered enough people (particularly only 70,000 votes in only four states) to eke out an electoral college win with a MINORITY of votes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/09/05/trumps-history-of-corruption-is-mind-boggling-so-why-is-clinton-supposedly-the-corrupt-one/

Trump’s history of corruption is mind-boggling.

So that long list is just a general overview. If you're actually serious about determining for your own mind whether this man is corrupt or not, start doing your own research on some or all of them, seeking more objective fact resources, and if you do that, I would be shocked if that is not convincing enough for anyone not fully on board with his cult of personality.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Go to the long list in this link and that's all before he was even president. Anyone that was paying attention already knew about his decades long history of corruption before he was elected. But he suckered enough people (particularly only 70,000 votes in only four states) to eke out an electoral college win with a MINORITY of votes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/09/05/trumps-history-of-corruption-is-mind-boggling-so-why-is-clinton-supposedly-the-corrupt-one/

So that long list is just a general overview. If you're actually serious about determining for your own mind whether this man is corrupt or not, start doing your own research on some or all of them, seeking more objective fact resources, and if you do that, I would be shocked if that is not convincing enough for anyone not fully on board with his cult of personality.

Your citation is an option article in the Washington Post, you have to be kidding me!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well it would need to go to the Court of Appeals first, and yes, Im sure he waived his appeal rights at the allocution absent excessive sentencing, but if he alleges a constitutional violation, which he has or will, he can skirt that. I think the Court had a variation of that question in the recent case of Class v. United States. 

“but if he alleges a constitutional violation, which he has or will, he can skirt that. “

If it pleases the court I wish to advise my ‘learned friend’ that Flynn either has or has not alleged a Constitutional violation, while what he might or might not do is conjecture.

Perhaps my ‘learned friend’ can explain the logical fallacy in his comment before Flynn winds up doing a Manafort.

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well mate Im sure you feel better with your Off Topic Daily Hate. I thought you might be interested in the significant legal issue as opposed to reading off the CNN Cheat Sheet.

Hows the air? Want to get a break, you can have my condo for a two weeks cheap?

Play the man not the ball, nice one. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, CaptRon2 said:

We must have different perceptions of the term douche bag, I would say any angry old man who has to return to his home country because he doesn’t have enough income to remain in Thailand to be more fitting of the definition, and for that man to be calling an American General who got caught up in a political farce any names at all is pretty disgusting. 

Well i have just renewed my visa and am not returning to my home country .

It's called buyers remorse and I can pretty much guarantee that this judge isn't going to buy it

For those of you with short memories, when he was first scheduled for sentencing the judge basically told Flynn that in his opinion the government should have charged Flynn with treason since the " lying was so egregious " due to the actions of Flynn who continued to maintained a business relationship with a foreign power while serving as National Security Adviser. Thus using his position for personal benefit.  A no no for any other administration but business as usual in the Trump White House 

The judge tried to give him an out by delaying sentencing so that Flynn could win some more brownie points, but no, Flynn had to drink the Kool-Aid and embrace the deep state mantra

Edited by Langsuan Man
  • Thanks 1