Action needed now to save "filthy, dangerous, rip-off, vice ridden" Pattaya, says watchdog

webfact

11 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

555. Much, much worse!

Not sure. I was treated in Banglamung Hospital after an accident, and they did it very well (emergency case with vaccinations) 

While these Germans (who I asked to pay at least for the vaccination shots) confabulated something about repatriation. 

Leaving aside that I could have died from tetanus, it's certainly uneconomic to refuse to pay less than 2,000 THB and demand an expensive intercontinental flight instead (which they would have to pay) 

Edited by micmichd

On 1/21/2020 at 8:48 PM, micmichd said:

Makes no difference. There's always consumers in the end that pay the price. Whether for beer, for entertainment, for medical services, or for electronic equipment. If those consumers stay away then the landlords will either have to lower their prices (aka rents) or they face bankruptcy. 

What sense does it make to build skyscrapers when no-one can afford to move in? 

Obviously not enough consumers willing to pay the price anymore.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:39 PM, micmichd said:

The problem with sex tourists is that they never ever care about Thai ladies' situations. 

About every Thai lady working as a waitress and even those in "Coconut bar" is a single mum and has a hungry mouth to feed. They just don't talk about it, and you never ask them. 

So, if you want sex with them, you also pay for their children. If you can't afford that you better stay at home. 

Unbelievable!

That's like saying anyone buying a cheap pair of shoes doesn't care about the exploited workers in Asia that made them.

BGs provide a service, and the customers are not concerned with their personal affairs while availing themselves of that service.

Should everyone tip the woman giving a foot massage for her "children", or the price she asks?

On 1/21/2020 at 3:53 AM, Leaver said:

No argument from me, but try telling the Thai landlords around Pattaya that. 

Their big rents get passed onto the consumer, and they have pushed the western tourist market, including the sex tourists, past what they are now prepared to pay, or able to pay. 

LK Metro started due to cheaper rents there compared to Walking Street.  When they hike up rents on LK Metro, where will be the next enclave to remain even slightly profitable, Soi Bongkot perhaps, and so the cycle starts again.     

Hmmmmm. I thought bars started in Buakhao because the ones on Beach Rd were being closed.

No bar closed on Walking Street for ages after LK Metro started.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unbelievable!

That's like saying anyone buying a cheap pair of shoes doesn't care about the exploited workers in Asia that made them.

BGs provide a service, and the customers are not concerned with their personal affairs while availing themselves of that service.

Should everyone tip the woman giving a foot massage for her "children", or the price she asks?

Yeah, have you been shown the picture of the old lady (mama) with a bad leg that was doing the rounds? 

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmm. I thought bars started in Buakhao because the ones on Beach Rd were being closed.

No bar closed on Walking Street for ages after LK Metro started.

Can you show me where in my post I said bars closed?