Action needed now to save "filthy, dangerous, rip-off, vice ridden" Pattaya, says watchdog

webfact

48 minutes ago, sucit said:

I do not think most Thais would care if Pattaya was wiped off the map. They may even rejoice.  

The Thai People don’t call it ‘Crazy Town’ for nothing !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johng said:

Two things,   first  there is no prostitution in Pattaya according to officialdom

"...first  there is no prostitution in Pattaya according to officialdom".

You know, no official has ever said that...unless you can show the quote, of course.

• Sad 1

There is only ne way.

Phase 1:

Completely demolish every building from Second Rd to the beach.

Install all ne drainage and a proper sewer system

Put all utilities underground.

Completely rebuild EVERYTHING underground, then all new buildings:

Phase 2:

Do same from Second Rd to Sukhumvit.

Anything short of that is putting lipstick on a pig........so to speak........lolol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

No idea who is this "Pattaya Watchdog" but looks like someone who clearly doesn't like Pattaya and tries to make its image far worse than reality !

Most the points he states are just BS ! :sad:

RE - …. looks like someone who clearly doesn't like Pattaya and tries to make its image far worse then in reality !

* That's a real challenge as the reality is far worse than most can imagine …  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I imagine a tourist that has never been to Pattaya OR to Thailand previously even considers any of the reason listed above - they have not after all seen it or experienced it for themselves. They are going elsewhere and not coming for to Thailand/Pattaya for A. The Baht, B. the Baht. and C. THE BAHT !

Hang on. So we're talking about a person that is oblivious to Thailand who is then going to look at it and decide that the baht is high compared to what it was 18 months ago............

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Just the thought of that they actually let this be, grow and are doing this to inflict pain and suffering on the tourist industry is unfathomable.

However, I can sometimes understand the single Thai incidents and many individual Thai citizens actions. That based on the fact of Pattaya as a magnet for criminality and slime of the earth extremely rotten and unwanted foreigner the city seem to attract. If this comment was only based on them, then they could let Pattaya rot and build an unbreakable dome over the city.

Ok, as a good thing. I also personally know a bunch of good guys that have settled down in Pattaya, so that does not go for them or anybody else that knows how to behave. it´s just that the city unfortunately seems to attract to much of the wrong people.

I'm sure English is not your first language, but...what?

What kind of people would be attracted to a place famous for it's loose morals??

Do you live in Pattaya? If so, why? Why did your good guy friends choose to settle there? How does one define "know how to behave"?

Does that include taking a girl upstairs discreetly? Is walking with her hand in hand misbehaving?

I mean, many people would consider walking around, parading your lady of the night, rather distasteful. Whereas the protagonist may consider that he is acting as a gentleman should.

What about the people involved in the business? What kind of people would involve themselves in such a business in the first place? 

Pattaya is what it is. Neither one nor the other. It may have a beach, but I would never consider entering the water.

When people can no longer make money there, they will move on. For me, this is the real issue. Greed and exploitation.

You seem rather too keen to throw stones at others. Often used as a vehicle to distract attention from oneself.

Personally, I visit because I have a non-Asian girlfriend who works in a normal job there. 

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

Personally, I visit because I have a non-Asian girlfriend who works in a normal job there

I got hidden cammed by a news station coming out of a Asian Massage Parlour in Omaha, and thats what I told the press..

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"...first  there is no prostitution in Pattaya according to officialdom".

You know, no official has ever said that...unless you can show the quote, of course.

They have numerous times walked up and down walking street and found no evidence...look it up.

I did my last visit to Pattaya earlier this year, come to the conclusion, this place is a dump, the above comments are justified, filthy beaches, bay full of tour boats , you can barely see the ocean, dingy looking streets, over priced to the max, sorry Pattaya, game over, you milked it for too long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, johng said:

Yes the baht buses are fine when you stick to their normal set routes..it can get a bit  rip-offy if you need them to go somewhere out of the norm...not to mention the  "metered Taxis"  that won't use the meter even after all these years of announcements and crackdowns !!!

Grab works well....185 baht, Jomtien to dark side in a car...yet a motocy wants 150

• Like 1

The reason Pattaya used to be busy was because of vice...sex, sex and more sex...cheap beer and cheap women 24/7 soddom and gomorrah....thats what people liked and wanted...its now dirty with too many coaches taking chinese on tours and tractors tacking boats for the koh larn day trippers....bring back the good old days, even the high baht would only deter a few sexpats

• Like 1

6 hours ago, petermik said:

LOS (land of smiles) no.....LOB (land of b**l**it) it is....talk talk no action :whistling:

Yes since Prayuth is in power NOTHING is improved....even not the lottery tickets or the spaceship monk's arrest, no new buses, no traffic safety improvement...the only good thing is that there are no riots/protests but hey it's time this government starts doing something!