Student, 24, arrested for violent robberies, holding meat cleaver to 10-year-old girl's throat

webfact

Student, 24, arrested for violent robberies, holding meat cleaver to 10-year-old girl's throat

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1579061686_1-org.jpg

Paphawin Phonphakdee, 24, is questioned at Phuket Provincial Police Station yesterday (Jan 14). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 24-year-old Phuket student has been arrested for robbing a 77-year-old man of a gold necklace and an amulet in an attack on Monday that saw the elderly man stabbed twice in the hand with a screwdriver.

The victim, Sathit Pongthanaphanit, was stabbed twice in the hand by a screwdriver while trying to fend off the robber, who made off with a necklace worth over B100,000 and a “first edition” amulet of revered Phuket monk Luang Por Chaem that Mr Sathit deemed “priceless”. 

Phuket Provincial Police Chief Maj Gen Rungrote Thakurapunyasiri announced the arrest of Phuket native Paphawin “Wee” Phonphakdee, 24, at a press conference held at Phuket Provincial Police Station yesterday (Jan 14).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/student-24-arrested-for-violent-robberies-holding-meat-cleaver-to-10-year-old-girls-throat-74391.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-01-15

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

necklace worth over B100,000 and a “first edition” amulet of revered Phuket monk Luang Por Chaem that Mr Sathit deemed “priceless”. 

I always leave my 100k necklace and "first edition" amulets at home in a Fort Knox-type vault when I go out.

(Comment is in response to the story although I notice headline is about another incident)

Edited by neeray
Comment
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Emdog said:

No doubt the student was over stressed by the rigorous exacting pressure cooker of Thai academic life.

Maybe the "cram classes" got to him?

Hard labour breaking rocks with his helmet on would satisfy my sense of humor... as he seems attached to it.

• Like 1