Lopburi robber: Related to influential local, needed money for football gambling debt, say sources

webfact

So now, the Police are negotiating with the Powerfully family, ?  ... On how to arrest him, ... With out damaging their reputation ! ? and making them loose a lot of face ??? .... And that is why it is taking so long. ?

... Still, I DO think that they WILL get him in the end ! ... in this one at least.  .... And Good, as out streets must be safe ! .... For every one. !

Edited by Mark mark
Spelling

Also the Rich and Powerful have a pretty good record for successfully absconding over seas from around here !!! and well, he may have already gone ! ... ???  .... And the Cops are just negotiating with the Family, to try to get him back ! .... or how to charge him in absentee ? ... and relice his name, with out damaging their interests or face. ??? ... Too Much ? ... (So that they can all keep their jobs ! right ???)

Yes, online football gambling would do it ! it is just SOOO Easy when you know how, (I think, not doing it my self, ... but well, I do stocks ! but I have made NO facilities to use debt) .... and your addiction can run up a Hell of a lot of Debt ! ... Like I know a Chinese guy in Malaysia, who lost his house doing it !!! ... and he will admit this !!! (Well, quietly and Privately to me any way) ... Like I think that they should find his bookie, that let him get so far in to debt, ... and imprison him also !!!

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That doesn't mean that online gambling isn't illegal!

As soon the government don't get there profit, then they do not know how quickly they want to label it as illegal.

Get to know the government...in all the countrys the same.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

If the influential local is influential enough, this guy just might be above the law. Remind anyone of Dark Tao yet? If they know who he is, begs the question of why he has not been arrested for this heinous crime yet. 

Surely a rhetorical post ????

next we read an interview in the media: "I know who he is, but I fear for my life because he knows influential people, and he is proficient with a gun" 

and the Thai Police stating "we know a person who knows, but we don't know what to do next as there are influential people connected"

TIT ????

If this story of the person in Chang Mai is true he was very lucky not to be shot dead by some trigger happy cop and questioned after. ??

Sadly this could easily be the end result at some time and all because of the reward.

Just imagine if you hate your neighbour or some such and here is the answer, call the cops who arrive juiced up, The neighbour gets the manure scared out of him and does a runner believing the cops have arrived and want him for some small transgression and they want the brown envelope.

Up pops a brain dead trigger happy and shoots him dead, After which the reason for shooting him is because somebody said the dead guy is the robbing murderer. And to save face this becomes the truth.

End result everybody but the dead guy and his family is very happy, plod saves face, the caller gets the reward, and the real murderer gets away with it, 

The dead guy get castigated and the family is tortured for the rest of their lives

RIP all the victims and I truly hope that honest and genuine justice is served for you and your families

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Gold is bought and sold by weight.

You melt it down at home, and it fetches whatever the going rate is, no questions asked.

Yes. Showing up with a half million baht block of gold melted in your backyard with a few leaves and twigs in it wouldn't raise any eyebrows whatsoever. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sucit said:

Yes. Showing up with a half million baht block of gold melted in your backyard with a few leaves and twigs in it wouldn't raise any eyebrows whatsoever. 

As if the dealer would care, gold is gold and money is money. Purchase at a reduced rate and flogged of at full price, plus drop a hint or two with the BIB - half shares it he reward, no questions asked

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

We may even see a scapegoat, planted/faked evidence and other nefarious tricks as we have seen many times before.

Will all depend on who this guy is and more importantly, who he is connected to.

Remember there are convicted drug smugglers in Cabinet offices making alliances for the despots in charge here.

Remember where you are, power and influence are everything here.

The fish rots from the head down.☹️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Possibly because:

• influential person needs to be approached for permission first
  • police will need an influential person to negotiate on their behalf
  • graeng jai
  • cannot make anyone lose face
  • if he is the son of an influential person perhaps there are negotiations ongoing
  • he's already skipped the country
  • they are setting up a scapegoat or alibi
  • payments are being exchanged
  • rewards are being negotiated
  • escapes are being planned or implemented to allow the suspect to flee
  • excuses are being manufactured prior to arrest to limit potential culpability i.e. mental illness, dementia etc.

Methinks you know too much. There is a real darkness at the heart of Thailand which is almost mediaeval in it's patronage networks and the real mafia are in uniform. Which creates for the most part order and relative stability. Incidents like this shake that order, most probably drugs are involved , and if he is related to someone influential then they must be pretty high up to offer any sort of umbrella for such a heinous crime. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blackheart1916 said:

Well, the TV investigators will probably do a better job than Sanook and the police, and more transparently too.

It is the wisdom of crowds with wizened old heads for the most part on creaking shoulders. With nothing much else to do. We remain on call.

Edited by URMySunshine

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

"Related to influential local, needed money for football gambling debt,"

How can this be stated without an arrest etc? pure speculation ! and media hype.

"In one case a man in Chiang Mai had been wrongly identified as the robber causing him considerable trouble."

Exactly this was predicted and voiced in another topic regarding the reward announcement.

Police were  tight  lipped

Which suggests  if they give away too much information  the killer could  use this  to get away

Then again anything is possible

If he was in allotnof debt he could  have started by selling his gun rarther than killing  a 2 year old and more

I guess there is more to it than just a robbery

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Gold is bought and sold by weight.

You melt it down at home, and it fetches whatever the going rate is, no questions asked.

I am aware of the price of gold but it needs to be put into context. I stated what I did assuming it might be difficult to melt it down at home when there is a nation wide manhunt out for him. Or will he just nip/limp down to the local Thai Watsadu to buy a few bits and bobs, propelant and tools on his pink and white Fino to knock up home made forge in the jungle somewhere?

My point is that the guy is wanted all over and it's probable that taking the time to melt down gold is not high on his list. Also it is unlikely that reputable gold merchants would give market rate for non professionally stamped gold bullion. Also, considering the news of this crime gold merchants would likely be suspicious anyone fitting a description of a limping Thai guy trying to flog gold without provenance.

That is my reasoning for thinking he would not get near market value.

Edited by Farangwithaplan
added