TM-87 rejected at Jomtien today

Try to figure out what else they accept others than a work permit. If they really requested only work permit from the foreigner, then I guess your second choice is to do a short rental (1 Month) for only the Non-O stamp ????.

Maybe some other users here have a better option for you. Often the Immigration persons make up some own rules...

6 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Try to figure out what else they accept others than a work permit. If they really requested only work permit from the foreigner, then I guess your second choice is to do a short rental (1 Month) for only the Non-O stamp ????.

Maybe some other users here have a better option for you. Often the Immigration persons make up some own rules...

Rules state that lease must be 3 months or longer. “At least 3 months”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OZinPattaya said:

I can pretty much guarantee he has no work permit—why the heck should he?

Because unless he’s using a third party to manage the letting he’s working and needs a work permit.

That said it’s wrong that immigration punish you.

If he appointed a letting agent that should get around the problem.

Edited by elviajero
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, elviajero said:
33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How would a person living outside the country get a work permit?

He is not breaking the latest definition of work. It is shown here. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZYhf0Xt6ktzXVILU1G7Kxuo3RKop00k8/view

Jomtien is the only immigration office that has come up with that nonsense requirement.

I agree it's nonsense. But where in the new rules does it exempt landlords (managing a property) from requiring a work permit?

If you are not allowed to sell goods or services from outside Thailand to people or organisations inside Thailand (does this also work in the opposite direction?) I wonder how many companies and individuals are in breech of Thai labour laws.

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I believe a work permit should be required.

After all, rental property is in fact a business that is generating income.

Many foreigners renting out property long and short term. some with numerous properties ( a Chinese woman has 20 properties at The Base) making a bundle.

Not the same in the case mentioned in this topic. Apparently the owner is jus renting out his condo that is certainly not the same a owning several properties as a business.

• Like 2

as i see it the answer is to get the non 'O' from outside the country and then do the yearly extension in the last 30 days of that entry, but the problem of the work permit may come up at yearly extension time.

or get someone Thai to give you a contract either a fresh contract and move or a 'fake' contract and stay were you are,

36 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I believe a work permit should be required.

After all, rental property is in fact a business that is generating income.

Many foreigners renting out property long and short term. some with numerous properties ( a Chinese woman has 20 properties at The Base) making a bundle.

Mostly if not all paying no income tax, rents being directly deposited into their bank accounts.  Seems criminal truly.

Hope they crack down on this more especially with the ST rentals.

If you are, say, in Malaysia, and want to sell something on Craigslist, in your opinion, would you be able to accept a buyer in Thailand? Surely, according to your logic, you would be earning income from someone resident in Thailand, and this would be illegal without a work permit. I think this is just stupid. You should be able to hold Thai investments without being considered in breech of Thai labour laws.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you are, say, in Malaysia, and want to sell something on Craigslist, in your opinion, would you be able to accept a buyer in Thailand? Surely, according to your logic, you would be earning income from someone resident in Thailand, and this would be illegal without a work permit. I think this is just stupid. You should be able to hold Thai investments without being considered in breech of Thai labour laws.

To make the example right you would have to compare it to this:

You have products in stock in Thailand. You live in Malaysia from where you advertise these products to people in Thailand.

In case somebody buys one of the products you would either have to travel to Thailand and take the product to the post office (which would be considered work and require a work permit), or you would need to pay somebody in Thailand who does this job for you.

Immigration now wants to either see a work permit, so that they know the owner is allowed to do this job, or they want to see some kind of proof (like a contract), that the owner pays somebody in Thailand who is allowed to do this job (a property management agency in case of the condo)

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

Jomtien and Si Racha are both part of Chonburi Immigration.

Sriracha will only accept if you are living in their jurisdiction, they will not process if living in Banglamung district.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

Thinking of going to TikToc agency today in Jomtien. I’m just worried that even an agency might fail here and I don’t want to risk 15-20k baht if I don’t know if it will work

There are other agents that will charge less and are not worried about circumstances surrounding the lease.

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

Sriracha will only accept if you are living in their jurisdiction, they will not process if living in Banglamung district.

Interesting I live in Banglamung and they have no problem giving me a residency certificate and my employer does my 90 day reporting there too, compared to a visa though it is fairly minor so maybe that why they allow them.

Reading this i am more than happy my condo owner is Thai.

I feel very sorry for the OP, he has a deposit for his condo

and now a Thai health insurance, all of this is lose if he decides to

ride out of Thailand now,

On the other hand 20 000 bahts is not a little amount, and it's encouraging the 

already rampant corruption here.

In his position i should probably try to get an O visa out of Thailand, in a neighbour country

but first get out of my actual rent (Try to put the pressure on the owner, after all he should

be the one worried about the authorities knowing now he runs a bisness here on an illegal form)

and try to have anew one with a Thai owner.

Good luck anyway to the OP

12 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

You have to ask yourself, what is your reason for wanting to retire in Thailand and specifically Pattaya. For sex? Booze? Food?

Now is the time to think long and hard, before you become too heavily invested, like many here. 

I never really intended to retire permanently in Pattaya, which I like mainly  for the convenience: Good hospitals, dentists, baht bus system, every convenience at your fingertips and still a small city. I've been avoiding the bar scene. 

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

Reading this i am more than happy my condo owner is Thai.

I feel very sorry for the OP, he has a deposit for his condo

and now a Thai health insurance, all of this is lose if he decides to

ride out of Thailand now,

On the other hand 20 000 bahts is not a little amount, and it's encouraging the 

already rampant corruption here.

In his position i should probably try to get an O visa out of Thailand, in a neighbour country

but first get out of my actual rent (Try to put the pressure on the owner, after all he should

be the one worried about the authorities knowing now he runs a bisness here on an illegal form)

and try to have anew one with a Thai owner.

Good luck anyway to the OP

Fortunately I have an international Healthcare provider, not a Thai one. I never considered getting a non-O outside of Thailand. You can get this from any consulate, like HCMC? Any special pitfalls or difficulties here? I already have one SETV plus extension, a visa stamp and extension. If I got a non-o from outside Thailand i'd be worried about being turned away at the port of entry. Three back to backs.