Navy's submarine-purchase plan to go ahead

snoop1130

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

As I have posted before, Thailand does not have any submariners or anyone who has served on a submarine. Now they are saying they will send guys on a 2 year course !!  The sub design is already over 10 years old, so they will have a novice crew in an old Chinese submarine.  I dread the results of what probably will happen ! That's if they ever gets used. Could stick them next to the aircraft carrier !

well when the carrier sinks from the rust, they can still go down and admire it.

• Haha 1

Chinese are laughing Those subs are so old the Thais are buying. They did not think they would ever get a buyer for them and along came Thailand Now that admiral in the pic will have a useless aircraft carrier and 3 subs  Justify why he is an admiral i suppose Mean while the infrustructure in Thailand is falling apart but stuff that we got our subs 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

With regard to the submarine crews, Luechai said they would be sent for a two-year training course. The commander didn’t explain further but said they would become a special force.

It will be put on wheels and do a drive-by government house every year, while saluting the boss from the conning tower?

"part of the strategic master plan" 

Those words have stuck in my mind all morning. 

The Thai military wouldn't know a master plan if it walked down the high street and banjoed them in the face. 

Watching too much Blackadder on U-tubes me thinks 55.

Edited by phutoie2
Spilled Leo.

Maybe they are just for show, docked next to the aircraft carrier, that

has no aircraft ,but they could patch the leaks on the blimp and have

it attached to the bow of the ship,with rows of decaying fire engines

lined up on the docks,make it a small  museum of Thai corruption,

Oh ! I forgot the bomb detectors.

regards worgeordie

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Buy Mommy, all the other boys have one........

I'm reminded by an unkind friend, of Uncle Too’s fatuous justification for the purchase of what will doubtless become redundant submarines (to join the redundant aircraft carrier and the redundant blimp and the many redundant aeroplanes and helicopters which provide the Thai Air Force with the opportunity to practice crashing).

The justification was and I quote "if we do not buy the submarines our neighbouring countries will not be in awe of us".

Not that I really think they ever were except in the febrile imagination of a few superannuated Thais, not since they got their backsides kicked by the Burmese, and then the Laos farmers anyway

Hey ho...

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Oh my god , I feel that the French, US and Russian navies with their tactical nuclear submarines will soon be afraid :cheesy:

Nah, I imagine they're contemplating an SBS or Navy Seals. They've already trailed it.

Which is great - I haven't had a good belly laugh at the expense of Thais for ages and ages.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:
18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The commander didn’t explain further but said they would become a special force.

Oh my god , I feel that the French, US and Russian navies with their tactical nuclear submarines will soon be afraid :cheesy:

a special force trained in brake failure

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Not sure how many will understand that. ????????

It was a bit deep, and indicative of age and when he went to school. Also, perhaps, roughly where he went to school. And you and me as well...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Has anyone other than the junta actually put forward a case supporting this ludicrous purchase?

The Chinese, I suppose. Very disappointing, they did not buy the stone old submarines from Germany a couple of years before. So we had to dispose the waste ourself.

Next time our brown envelopes should be more impressive.

7 hours ago, ParkerN said:

I'm reminded by an unkind friend, of Uncle Too’s fatuous justification for the purchase of what will doubtless become redundant submarines (to join the redundant aircraft carrier and the redundant blimp and the many redundant aeroplanes and helicopters which provide the Thai Air Force with the opportunity to practice crashing).

The justification was and I quote "if we do not buy the submarines our neighbouring countries will not be in awe of us".

Not that I really think they ever were except in the febrile imagination of a few superannuated Thais, not since they got their backsides kicked by the Burmese, and then the Laos farmers anyway

Hey ho...

There's another Navy that is particularly skilled at crashing but their Nationality escapes me. One off Japan, two off S Korea and two in the Malacca Straits. Can't see oil tankers and container ships apparently until they're looming overhead.

I'm sure they are jolly skillful chaps though and know how to win a trade war.