Why do Thai business leave up Christmas trees well into January?

ubonr1971

6 hours ago, Oxx said:

Uh nobody, because Christmas decorations are supposed to be taken down on 12th night (January 5th).  That's when otherwise they would turn into goblins.

Everybody knows that the Christmas time ends on February the second, also called Candlemas or Maria Lichtmess in German. So what?

19 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

I guess the counter question to that is why do stores in Europe put up their Christmas decorations in October?  

Or why was I able to enjoy my first hot cross bun of the year ... about 10 days ago :coffee1:

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2020 at 2:22 PM, ubonr1971 said:

I see many businesses still have their flashing Christmas lights on their trees and we are in mid Jan. Are they just clueless? I take mine down on boxing day. Whats going on in amazing thailand?

If you don't take them down on the 12th night then it is very unlucky unless you leave them up until Easter. ????

Maybe they subscribe to Good Housekeeping magazine which offered 13 ways to keep your Christmas tree up all year.

13 Ways to Leave Your Christmas Tree Up All Year Long

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/christmas-ideas/g2817/holiday-decor-trees/

For example:

286259155_irishchristmastree.jpg.2c58c7af3e555e30f3cec8a5ea468e6e.jpg

Green Greetings on St. Patrick's Day

Why would you take down your Christmas tree in March? It's green! And, as such, looks great with shamrocks.

56 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Maybe they subscribe to Good Housekeeping magazine which offered 13 ways to keep your Christmas tree up all year.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/christmas-ideas/g2817/holiday-decor-trees/

For example:

286259155_irishchristmastree.jpg.2c58c7af3e555e30f3cec8a5ea468e6e.jpg

Green Greetings on St. Patrick's Day

Why would you take down your Christmas tree in March? It's green! And, as such, looks great with shamrocks.

And how do you walk through that door?