30 days overstay on tourist visa, consequences?

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Just make sure you your friend gets to the airport undetected first and worry about any potential blacklisting at that point once you're safe.....

It's not me. I have a spouse visa and no issues luckily but thanks.

Why overstay on a tourist visa or any for that matter?I myself have a SETV for 60 day's.Two week's before it expired I phoned immigration Kohn Kean and they were very helpful and friendly.Told me to come in now and they would extend for me.I went in at the new bus terminal payed my 1900 baht and received extension for 30 more day's.So why would the person prefer to pay for 30 day overstay rather then just apply and pay only 1900 and have no bad stamp in his passport.Now he must suffer the consequences and no sympathy for him.No excuse for overstay unless very ill or accident.I think its just laziness....

12 hours ago, cbc said:

Why overstay on a tourist visa or any for that matter?I myself have a SETV for 60 day's.Two week's before it expired I phoned immigration Kohn Kean and they were very helpful and friendly.Told me to come in now and they would extend for me.I went in at the new bus terminal payed my 1900 baht and received extension for 30 more day's.So why would the person prefer to pay for 30 day overstay rather then just apply and pay only 1900 and have no bad stamp in his passport.Now he must suffer the consequences and no sympathy for him.No excuse for overstay unless very ill or accident.I think its just laziness....

"Now he must suffer the consequences" Which consequences except a s**tload of money at the airport and a stamp in the passport? Please don't mention the Elite Visa. There are very few foreigners on Elite Visas in Thailand. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cbc said:

I think he is just too much a kid and not very responsible. There's also a beautiful Thai girl that used to hang out with him that gave him everything (he is quite handsome for farang standards). When she got sick he dumped her. Maybe he is using this overstay excuse to get rid of her forever or something I don't know. I'm very disappointed by his behavior too because I considered him a good friend but this kind of people ruin the foreigners reputation in Thailand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

"Now he must suffer the consequences" Which consequences except a s**tload of money at the airport and a stamp in the passport? Please don't mention the Elite Visa. There are very few foreigners on Elite Visas in Thailand. 

This got me to wondering how many.  You are right.  According to a publication to which we cannot link, as of the end of September last year, there are about 8500 members in a little over 120 countries using the TE card.  In the whole scheme of things, that's not very many.

Edited by Kelsall