Drunks, speeders and grandads targeted in bid to reduce road accidents

webfact

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

"This hat, this head, this hat on head"

Virtually no one wears a helmet in any village. I've never seen a policeman in my GF's village, so why would they? Zero enforcement.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why?

The person who does not wear the helmet has the risk and maybe the injury or he dies. If I don't wear a helmet and I crash in your car you don't have to worry about my head.

Because supposedly this is the law when I rode in the states if I was in a state that didn't have a helmet law I wouldn't wear one in my home state of Georgia they had a helmet law and it was enforced if they're not going to enforce the law then they need to do away with it

Edited by Fred white
Added

1 hour ago, tinca tinca said:

when are THEY (the BIB) going to concentrate ON UNDERTAKING. IT IS ILLEGAL to undertake !!!

If there's a beat up black smoke belching pick up doing 40 in a 90 zone in the right lane on a devided highway I will pass him on the left

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Interesting that older drivers being targetted, I wonder what theThai stats show about accidents and older drivers.

Western stats show less accidents per capita on over 55 year old drivers until age 75.

Yes I thought that the majority of those killed and injured during MY were youngsters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Years ago people were not reading newspapers while driving their cars.

I see there that you did not know the Italian motorways in the years 70/80;
the readers of newspapers did not drive cars but what one called at the time of the "millipede",. these 8-axle trailer trucks which often weighed more than 100 tonnes with engines rarely exceeding 250 hp .. with the particularity of having the steering wheel on the right while in Italy you drive on the right.
On the mountain highways, especially the one that goes from Bologna to Firenza, they rolled in first small, the door of the cabin opened thanks to their right foot and the newspaper unfolded in front of them ...

and once at the top of the pass, they descended in the same way, always on the first slow in order to use their brakes very little; so in complete safety, what the Thai truckers do not do and why they often find themselves at the ravine

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

No I don't , I am 73 next month ,my TW says I drive too fast.  Saying that if we are out at night I have to drive,  if she needs the car I have to remove it from the car port and get it facing the right way .  Thais went from family buffalo to pick up in one generation .....................nod nod , say no more.

That's what you all say because it looks fast to you, but in reality you are being overtaken by casually walking cats ????

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

my TW says I drive too fast.

Same with me ;

On 4 lanes roads ,I drive always between 90 and 95 km/h so the maximum torque of my pickup and so I consume very little;
on long distance, when we descend on Pattaya or PKK I manage to do with my Isuzu pickup, between 6 and 6.5 liters per cent with a 3000cc engine and an automatic gearbox.
By cons when she is in the SUV of her daughter who receives by post an average of 2 to 3 speeding tikets per week, there, she says nothing.
Find the mistake ..

• Like 1

" lists of drivers who are accident risks in every village and subdistrict "

opens the path for eager local croonies to wilfully play with names (guys whom they - at the same time - don't like...)

1 hour ago, Blot said:

Yesterday, I saw a police officer in full uniform being given a lift on a motorbike by a civilian who was not wearing a helmet.  Is that ridiculous or what ?

So, when the officer got off, did he salute that superior?  Maybe it was his boss' wife or his Mia Noy?

57 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If I don't wear a helmet and I crash in your car you don't have to worry about my head.

Certainly ;
your head, I don't care;
but we are in Thailand where the insurance system does not work at all like in Europe.
I don't know the USA so don't talk about it.

Here, even if you are stopped at a red light and the guy without a helmet throws himself on your vehicle, you will have very great difficulties not to take out some or several 1,000 baht banknotes from your pocket while you are there for nothing.

and don't let me come out, yes, but you're farang so you're at fault;
<deleted> all of that;

A few years ago, a few km from my home, a young man without a helmet and full of alcohol, quickly crossed a stop sign, at that moment a police vehicle arrived on the main track (the one that doesn’t has no stop); the youngster got under the police vehicle, he died instantly;
well the policeman who was driving his service vehicle was forced to take his wallet out of his pocket.
in fact it is the police station which has contributed.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Interesting that older drivers being targetted, I wonder what theThai stats show about accidents and older drivers.

Western stats show less accidents per capita on over 55 year old drivers until age 75.

They are often the  divers who stagger along at 40 kph following the center white line (also often drunk).

I often wonder if they have aged vision issues and the white line is their only visual guide?

They are also most likely to not have a licence or one that was simply paid for in times  gone by.

Edited by Dumbastheycome
added content

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

No I don't , I am 73 next month ,my TW says I drive too fast.  Saying that if we are out at night I have to drive,  if she needs the car I have to remove it from the car port and get it facing the right way .  Thais went from family buffalo to pick up in one generation .....................nod nod , say no more.

Very true!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

They are often the  divers who stagger along at 40 kph following the center white line (also often drunk).

I often wonder if they have aged vision issues and the white line is their only visual guide?

They are also most likely to not have a licence or one that was simply paid for in times  gone by.

Are you talking to me?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Thai stats have previously shown that young men on motorbikes are the most likely to die on Thai roads. So yeah.. they are completely missing the target as usual.. they are truly braindead these morons...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Same with me ;

On 4 lanes roads ,I drive always between 90 and 95 km/h so the maximum torque of my pickup and so I consume very little;
on long distance, when we descend on Pattaya or PKK I manage to do with my Isuzu pickup, between 6 and 6.5 liters per cent with a 3000cc engine and an automatic gearbox.
By cons when she is in the SUV of her daughter who receives by post an average of 2 to 3 speeding tikets per week, there, she says nothing.
Find the mistake ..

I wonder how many speeding tickets I will receive from my recent hua hin / Chiang mai trip. Was going over speed limit almost entire trip (as was almost everyone else on the road)

• Confused 1