Jump to content
BANGKOK
liddelljohn

£5000 in bank Uk for non O

Recommended Posts

new rules for getting NON O visa in UK now you need Minimum £ 5000  for 6 months and must show all the 6 months statements  in Uk conulates  for any Non O visa application ,, and for all tourist visas  other than 30 day visa on arrival ypu must now show minimum £2000  for 6 months  ..  no statements = no visa ..

 

in EU ,, germany , holland etc consulates its 5000 euros or 2000 euros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

other than 30 day visa on arrival 

You mean visa exempt entry. A visa on arrival is obtained on arrival at a Thai airport and isn't available to UK citizens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

 

in EU ,, germany , holland etc consulates its 5000 euros or 2000 euros

Not quite correct: contrary to their website Vienna Thai embassy required 20,000€ for non-O ME visa. This was in Nov 2019.

Edited by Letseng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That appears to be the requirements for a multiple entry tourist visa. As shown on this page of the embassy website.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84451-Tourist-Visa.html

 

This page of the London embassy website has the actual requirements for a single entry non-o visa 

 http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

 

 

Bang on correct as usual Joe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Letseng said:

Not quite correct: contrary to their website Vienna Thai embassy required 20,000€ for non-O ME visa. This was in Nov 2019.

And a 60 days SETV normally doesn't have a financial requirement in the EU. OP's info is probably about a METV.  In most countries in the EU the financial requirement is the equivalent of ~200,000 baht in the bank for 6 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 8:11 AM, liddelljohn said:

new rules for getting NON O visa in UK now you need Minimum £ 5000  for 6 months and must show all the 6 months statements  in Uk conulates  for any Non O visa application

Any source? 😲 Nothing on the websites  currently as stated above.

I take it you talking about a balance of 5k GBP,

Just looked at one of my Savings plans, it only issues statements every 6 months!  Fail 😬.

(The last non-O (ME) requirement on the London Website was show 1500 GBP/month income for 3 months, before 14 June 2019. which was asked for but not actually enforced apparently).

Take it they will give 6 months notice change.

Whatever will be thought up next 🤪.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 8:11 AM, liddelljohn said:

in EU ,, germany , holland etc consulates its 5000 euros or 2000 euros

Correct for Germany. Thai General Consulate Berlin.

Proof of financials for single Non O.

Either pension (1200/month) or 5000 on account, but THREE months backwards.

 

No proof of financials for SETV.

 

For METV 5000 Euro on account for three months and/or? a hard to decipher income proof. It's in German (my language) and I still can't understand it.

 

Link in German by PM if interested.

 

 

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the UK for SETV you must show 6 months statements not 3  and £2000  thats cardiff, glasgow  and Hull consulates  ,walkin , you cannot apply for any visas at the embassy 

 

for METV or NON O its £5000 and 6 months statements ,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

in the UK for SETV you must show 6 months statements not 3  and £2000  thats cardiff, glasgow  and Hull consulates

This from the Hull website. https://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/tourist-visa-single-tr.php

"6. Copy of latest bank statement or proof of earnings."


Where did you see or hear it had to be 6 month and 2000 pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

in the UK for SETV you must show 6 months statements not 3  and £2000  thats cardiff, glasgow  and Hull consulates  ,walkin , you cannot apply for any visas at the embassy 

 

for METV or NON O its £5000 and 6 months statements ,,

If you know how to use Google,then go to the Thai consulates websites in the UK and check for yourself. No financial requirements for a SETV. Same for other countries in the EU as far as I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, liddelljohn said:

in the UK for SETV you must show 6 months statements not 3  and £2000  thats cardiff, glasgow  and Hull consulates  ,walkin , you cannot apply for any visas at the embassy 

 

for METV or NON O its £5000 and 6 months statements ,,

Sorry but it does not make sense...

Is this a proposal you have heard of, there was another rumour about changes to consulates mid-2020, whispers from Cardiff I think?

Well then,  we'll find out end of FEB/Start of March when Dad get's his next SETV for April's trip. No statement(s) required in Novembers application.

But the non-O SE, some consulates just ask for a statement as a sort of secondary know your customer kinda use, i.e proof of address, etc

6 Months statements is more like Border Force requirements for someone going to the UK! Proving income. 

If it is a Savings Account it quite likely won't have monthly statements, half yearly or Annually perhaps.

Edited by UKresonant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Correct for Germany. Thai General Consulate Berlin.

Proof of financials for single Non O.

Either pension (1200/month) or 5000 on account, but THREE months backwards.

 

No proof of financials for SETV.

 

For METV 5000 Euro on account for three months and/or? a hard to decipher income proof. It's in German (my language) and I still can't understand it.

 

Link in German by PM if interested.

 

 

 

In Hamburg (Thai honorary konsulat not embassy) i had to show 5000 EUR and my Business registration (Gewerbeschein) as i was self employed there, no further proof of "income".

You can use an "Arbeitsbescheinigung des Arbeitgebers" as employment proof if u have a normal job - but u still need the 5k euro parked in a bank.

You can also use an "Immatrikulationsbescheinigung" as a student - with 5k parked.

 

They don't give give METV visas to unemployed people - that's why you need to proof you are doing something, they simply don't want people that won't come back i guess.

 

 

You can also use someone elses bank statement as long as he vouches for it and signs the vouch paper (Bürgschaft), but once again you need to do something and not be unemployed.

 

The 1200 eur/month is only for Non O visas, doesn't work for the METV so it's an AND not and OR.

 

 

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Sorry but it does not make sense...

Is this a proposal you have heard of, there was another rumour about changes to consulates mid-2020, whispers from Cardiff I think?

Well then,  we'll find out end of FEB/Start of March when Dad get's his next SETV for April's trip. No statement(s) required in Novembers application.

But the non-O SE, some consulates just ask for a statement as a sort of secondary know your customer kinda use, i.e proof of address, etc

6 Months statements is more like Border Force requirements for someone going to the UK! Proving income. 

If it is a Savings Account it quite likely won't have monthly statements, half yearly or Annually perhaps.

Why don't you just pick a Thai consulate in England or the Thai Embassy in London? All of them have websites and I bet the requirements are the same. But FYI, there's no financial requirement for a SETV, but there are for the rest of the visas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...