Kem Sokha denies he colluded with foreigners

geovalin

Phnom Penh Municipal Court today began a trial of former opposition party leader Kem Sokha over treason charges. After the hearing this morning, Sokha said in his Facebook that he has never colluded with any foreigners in an attempt to topple the government and demanded that treason charges be dropped.

“I continue to demand that the court permanently drop the charge against me so that I can fully exercise my political freedom to participate in serving and defending the interests of the country and the people,” he said in the post. “I categorically deny the charge of “conspiracy with foreign powers” which was brought against me,” he said. “I did not bring in foreign states or foreign agents to conduct hostility or invasion against the Kingdom of Cambodia.”

“I did not commit anything of which I am accused—especially I haven’t committed any acts that would be detrimental to the national interests,” he said. Sokha said that his activities were focused on human rights and democracy, carried out in peaceful and non-violent manners in accordance with the Kingdom’s constitution.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50680036/kem-sokha-denies-he-colluded-with-foreigners