BANGKOK
tomster

Using the bread knife to set up a company - what could possibly go wrong?

So I need to set up a company in the Pattaya area and was thinking it would be a good idea to get the missus to give it a go, she's pretty smart and good with numbers.

How difficult is it for the average Thai person, do they need to be trained accountants or can anybody with a bit of common sense can do it?

Would be interested to hear from people who have done this with their better halves, and any potential pitfalls they encountered.

Thanks in advance.

Why not give your wife a few profit and loss statements and have her discuss the findings with you? Then have her set up a spreadsheet to track incomings and outgoings and payroll and the like.

Any person who is competent to handing the financials of a business should find those steps a simple process.

2 minutes ago, sead said:

So I bought 50 chickens to her family. None left. 

Brother needed to pay for repaired car, so he can go to work.

I gave it to him,not borrowed. 

I open 2 shops for another gf. Work when she wants to. 

Another gf I gave 20k monthly. Still always needed more.

I hope you get my picture....

But to get it straight and answer your question then it's very easy to set up a company but as I myself wanted everything to be on paper I got kicked out from the city hall when I wanted to register for tax. You make 1 million a months? She asked my gf. No she said. Get out and come back when you do 🙂 office lady said. I would go for it. It will make your life more interesting..

555 - thanks, good answer. 🙂

setting up a company is fairly straight forward, however if your looking at starting a business then that's complex. 

What are you referring to  ?

3 minutes ago, Pravda said:

If she needs a foreigner to ask on Thai Visa how to set up a company in her own country then I think you know the answer.

Seriously, do people just like losing money when they come to this country? 

Wow.

I need it to register a .co.th domain, that's it. And she didn't ask me, if you actually bother to read the post I am saying that I am thinking about asking her, she hasn't asked me to ask on here.

And seriously, haven't you got anything better to do with your life other than posting negative, nonsense post on TV? Get outside and go for a walk with the Soi Dogs or something, much more rewarding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, tomster said:

Wow.

I need it to register a .co.th domain, that's it. And she didn't ask me, if you actually bother to read the post I am saying that I am thinking about asking her, she hasn't asked me to ask on here.

And seriously, haven't you got anything better to do with your life other than posting negative, nonsense post on TV? Get outside and go for a walk with the Soi Dogs or something, much more rewarding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thai domain
name registration.

In most cases, a request for a domain name ending with .co.th must match the name of an existing Thai company or partnership as registered with the Department of Business Development (‘DBD’) of the Ministry of Commerce.

Required documents.

In applying for a domain name, a copy of the following documents will need to be provided:

• dot.svg
    Certificate of incorporation and affidavit of company or partnership as issued by the DBD (should not be older than six months)
  • dot.svg
    VAT certificate (PP 20) or VAT registration documents (PP 01) in case the certificate is not yet received
  • dot.svg
    VAT monthly filings (PP 30) for the last three months and/or VAT registration of changes (PP 09) if any
  • dot.svg
    A signed power of attorney (should be notarized if signed from abroad)
  • dot.svg
    In case of a foreign company registered in Thailand, a certificate evidencing the foreign business license (TTK 0506)
  • dot.svg
    Passport copy of the authorised director(s)

If a company has its head office abroad, for example ABC PLC, with websites in various countries such as abc.co.uk, abc.co.au, and a Thai company which is a subsidiary of ABC PLC was unable to obtain the same name to operate its business in Thailand, the local company may obtain permission from the headquarter to use their name ‘ABC’ for the website of the local company ‘ABC.co.th.’

Required documents.

In applying for a domain name, a copy of the documents will need to be provided:

• dot.svg
    Certificate of incorporation and affidavit of the Thai company as issued by the DBD (should not be older than six months)
  • dot.svg
    VAT certificate (PP 20) or VAT registration documents (PP 01) in case the certificate is not yet received
  • dot.svg
    VAT monthly filings (PP 30) for the last three months and/or VAT registration of changes (PP 09) if any
  • dot.svg
    Certificate of incorporation and Company affidavit or bylaws of the headquarter company showing specifics including but not limited to the name, registered address, authorised directors, date of incorporation of the company, etc.
  • dot.svg
    Letter to the Managing Director of T.H.NIC Co., Ltd. issued by the headquarter company with its name on the letterhead, authorising the local company to use its name for the domain name .co.th, and confirming their acknowledgement that the local company is their sole representative in Thailand authorised to handle matters concerning the domain name on behalf of the headquarter company. This letter of consent must be signed by the authorised director(s) of the headquarter company
  • dot.svg
  • dot.svg

If a foreign company not registered in Thailand or a Thai company or partnership registered with the DBD under a name that is different from their intended domain name, they may instead register a trade mark with the Department of Intellectual Property (‘DIP’). The registered trade mark must contain the full name of the intended domain name.

Required documents.

In applying for a domain name, a copy of the following documents will need to be provided:

• dot.svg
    Trade mark certificate issued by the DIP or trade mark application form as submitted to the DIP for consideration
  • dot.svg
    Certificate of incorporation and Company affidavit or bylaws of the company showing specifics including but not limited to the name, registered address, authorised directors, date of incorporation of the company, etc.
  • dot.svg

Remark: If a trademark has been submitted to the DIP for consideration, the domain name can be reserved for a period of eight months from the date of submission. If an approval or certificate has not been issued by the DIP within the eight months, the company may reserve the domain name for another term of eight months. Upon receipt of the approval/certificate from the DIP, the company may begin using the domain name.

• Like 1

I have registered several domain names thanks, each time with a registered company name, hence the requirement to set up the company.

A little know aspect to this that others may find useful when doing the same is that to get the domain name you need 2 consecutive words to match n the company name.

Example:

Red Piano Company allows you to register either redpiano.co.th or pianocompany.co.th, but it won't get you redcompany.co.th

39 minutes ago, Pravda said:

If she needs a foreigner to ask on Thai Visa how to set up a company in her own country then I think you know the answer.

Seriously, do people just like losing money when they come to this country? 

Just ask @sead no?

1 hour ago, tomster said:

And seriously, haven't you got anything better to do with your life other than posting negative, nonsense post on TV? 

No, what a silly question. 

• Like 1