Fake visas and work permits: Visa officer and associate at top Bangkok school arrested

webfact

32 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Nonsense. How does someone knowingly pay an agent to commit a fraudulent act? All you know is that an agent has charged you a fee of 15k baht to get your extension for you. His method is unknown to you. The extension in your passport is perfectly legal. Sorry to dissappoint you.

It is easy to see that you have not been around much. There are many foreigners who have not been able to get anymore income letters and who do not have the finances to be able to obtain anymore visa extensions who go to an agent and go with that agent while the agent deposits the required amount of money into a bank account and gets the documentation from the bank then goes to another bank and withdraws the said money from the account and the foreigner then goes to Immigration with that paperwork and gets there visa extension. Remember that you must accompany the agent to the bank to sign the bank documents. You should really learn to difference between being a total misinformed person and someone who thinks that they are smart because you are not the later type. But you do not disappoint me at all if that is what you tried to write but could not spell properly either. So therefore the visa extension stamp in your passport is illegal as it has been obtained by a fraudulent act that you were a party to.

Edited by Russell17au

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

So Thomas you are saying all cops including immigration cops are 100% trustworthy and not corrupt in any way a will not accept a bribe?? Itr you who is dreaming my friend. Most of the stuff that goes on in Thailand is illegal in one form or another.

Do you smoke crack? Where did i say that?

I said the complete opposite. 

Immigration cops get bribed and that's clearly illegal from all parties involved. Do the visa yourself or use the official government facilities (elite, smartvisa one stop shop). 

Of course you can get a lawyer to help you fill out everything, as long as you fullfill all requirements that's totally cool - ur loss of money tho.

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

Man stop dreaming, that's blatant corruption and absolutely ILLEGAL. 

Not knowing about it doesn't protect you, that's not how law works.

And don't act like you don't know, no one is buying that. Nor will the immigration cops, they aren't stupid either.

In what kind of fantasy world are u guys even living... 

This guys friend also thaught he's clever: https://www.thethailandlife.com/illegal-thai-visa

In reality only the ones who don't open themselves up to beeing blackmailed are clever.

lol like seriously how can u make up that i said cops are trustworthy i even used the words corruption and ILLEGAL???

7 hours ago, Beggar said:

Never forget a story that happened in Phuket - but long time ago. Tourists gave their passports to an agent and these passports went to Penang for a visa run. One day on the way back this guy had an accident and in his car the police found a suitcase full of passports with new stamps. I don't know what happened to all these tourists afterwards. But be always aware that if you are doing something illegal that you might be prosecuted. 

They all got a pardon.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, thequietman said:

So .... those of you who have gone through 'agents' - is your stamp real and proper?

Won't you be a little worried when a real immigration officer has a look through your passport?

Is it worth the risk?

They have now arrested an officer at CW - how deep will this go? and if your extension/visa was processed by the same guy, then there may be a knock on your door. ????

Good luck to you all.

I know many in pattaya with fake visas from agents and philippino runners who get the visa for a fee if they are caught you pay the price and I'm glad I don't go visit pattaya anymore as they scrutinise my real visas from home in swampy a farce. If you get caught in the land of fakes good luck and if your a farang you pay the price I wonder what you will be asked for ? Cross my palm with notes not silver. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Fake documents, provided by the school's employees were used to obtain the visas.  It's all there in the OP.

Yes, absolutely, my post was countering the notion that visa obtainers worked possibly worked at the school. They absolutely did not as stated in the neawna article.

4 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Certainly. If it were an international school they would not be keeping the name secret.

It's a private and very possibly, most likely an international school or bilingual. It's not a public per the neawna article

3 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Seems the story is that the people getting the visas were not working for the school, or working at all.

It seems that these people were selling what's needed to get a one year visa (via work permit).

Indeed, but they have funneled this all thru one consulate. It's only a matter of time before the COs started checking and asking questions. The irony of course is that they would not even be able to answer the most simple of questions such as where is the school located, what are you teaching or whatever.

Then, if any were renewals that's kiss of death because the school would not renew but extend. So stoopid.

9 hours ago, thequietman said:

So .... those of you who have gone through 'agents' - is your stamp real and proper?

Won't you be a little worried when a real immigration officer has a look through your passport?

Is it worth the risk?

They have now arrested an officer at CW - how deep will this go? and if your extension/visa was processed by the same guy, then there may be a knock on your door. ????

Good luck to you all.

Would have to go up to the number one in the immigration department office you went through..

I think that if you are using who they prefer you are okay. 

If outsiders are diluting the take, then watch out...

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

It seems that way but what would make that difficult is Immigration coming to check on you in your workplace as a part of the process or is that not done at schools?

That is not done anywhere in the country although they do raid bottom end schools on occasion.

The Tourist Police often do cursory checks of schools in BKK.

This is an anomaly. Not ever day news. Cops could never check all the schools and it would create havoc for new teachers without WP still on probation. By law the cops would have to do something.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, thequietman said:

Is it worth the risk?

Good luck to you all.

Don't worry. It's only because a payment wasn't made.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Been saying this many times.. 

Even those who are only paying the agent for assistance, not to fudge the rules, you dont know what or how they go about getting those stamps. 

Immi and agents , go hand in hand , everybody happy .

Many agents advertise their services  on this site .  Key,  too less hassle ....

Bttopic ,  teaching is not an easy option , work permit , school can take care ?,  been there ...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I was an impermanent fixture there from 1993-96. Sri and Vern. You? I don't recognize your name, presume it's Mark 555.

Thanks Mate ! At least you still know the place, and their names ! Thanks. ... I am 64 ... When I met Sri and Vern, well. I must have been ??? 44? .. Thanks for remembering them. ... And that the story was Real, ... as they told me. ...  Even if I can not post it here, as it just IS, ... to Honest ...

Nice the calling of each others names, from our Bar stools !!! Right ...  OK and Right. !!!  ... But do not actually get TOO close to the truth right !!! ... (As You might insult the advertisers, ? ...  or the recipients)

..... [email protected] ... I would be very glad to hear more stories about the Good Old Days.

... Mark mark. ... Ps. you would not know me, ... As, as a survivor ! ... I always saw it, ... but I always managed to Keep out of it !!! ... The Sensible way right ! ... For survival ! ? ... Right. ... Lucky I was not 6' 3" or that might have been MUCH more difficult.

Thanks.

PS. Do you know how they are going ??? ... ???? .... 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Would you believe that, Fake documents in Thailand? 

Neighbor went to visit her newly arrested son on remand at a prison in Samut Prakan today. She said the place was full of Chinese prisoners there for document fraud. Not surprised as all the Chinese I know of on our estate are here under fraudulent methods, including claiming kids are from Thai dads when they are not, working daily on retirement extensions, using visa agents to bribe io's or bribing them over the counter at immigration.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

You get the visa stamp from the IO. More recently, even if you use an agent, you need to visit the IO when collecting your passport, to have your photo taken. 100% genuine stamps.

Absolutely correct - the least of my concerns is believing that my stamps are illegal/fraudulent. The I/O at Jomtien looked like a real person with war badges to me????????‍♂️????????????????????????
Dodgy dealings in Thailand is part and parcel for all of us foreigners living here unless you don’t drive a car/ride a motorbike or apply for a relevant Visa!!

• Like 1

I have known that the Top Schools ? … Well, schools in Thailand have been doing this for a long time now. …

Like I make a joke that "Thailand is the only country that I know, where the Schools are more corrupt than the Cops" !!! ... 

… Well possibly I do not know about to many Schools in other Countries I suppose. … Right ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, jack7106 said:

Absolutely correct - the least of my concerns is believing that my stamps are illegal/fraudulent. The I/O at Jomtien looked like a real person with war badges to me????????‍♂️????????????????????????
Dodgy dealings in Thailand is part and parcel for all of us foreigners living here unless you don’t drive a car/ride a motorbike or apply for a relevant Visa!!

So they are dodgy - but not illegal? Contradicting yourself much hu?

5 hours ago, dallen52 said:

The stamps are legitimate and real.

Real ink. 

Real immigration officials. 

Done at the same desk and time as everyone else. 

The system recognizes the database information and entries. 

Unfortunately for some it's the only way to stay here now.

They don't have 65k a month income or 800k to lock away. 

Exchange rates are crippling many. 

But have thai families and their families, who they stay here to support..

lol. 

Do you think those lil IOs have any real power? Big O sees they steal money from the governments Elite visa, Smartvisa etc shemes and they are gone, and you too. 

The thai government has absolutely ZERO motivation to support agents and dodgy IOs. 

Real ink, bribed to get them - so fake visas. Can be cancelled at all times, and will be if ever caught and you deported. Just a fact, not even a discussion.

Oh they have thai family but not 800k to stay here? Glad they only need 400k to stay here if they had thai family...

Funny how you guys contradict yourselfs, in every second sentence.

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

So they are dodgy - but not illegal? Contradicting yourself much hu?

lol. 

Do you think those lil IOs have any real power? Big O sees they steal money from the governments Elite visa, Smartvisa etc shemes and they are gone, and you too. 

The thai government has absolutely ZERO motivation to support agents and dodgy IOs. 

Real ink, bribed to get them - so fake visas. Can be cancelled at all times, and will be if ever caught and you deported. Just a fact, not even a discussion.

Oh they have thai family but not 800k to stay here? Glad they only need 400k to stay here if they had thai family...

Funny how you guys contradict yourselfs, in every second sentence.

It may help if you read my post correctly “ or Apply for a relevant Visa “ ????????‍♂️????????????
You’re welcome!!