Fake visas and work permits: Visa officer and associate at top Bangkok school arrested

webfact

21 hours ago, Number 6 said:

one good thing in thailand is that they blame the immigration officer and not the tourist / foreigner. i know of similar stories in other countries where the tourist got into jail and paid huge fines, just because he had fake stamps in his passport, even if he was;nt aware to that.

Met a guy one time India -Nepal boarder he had got an Indian visa in Nepal got sent back he went to the police as advised by Indian immigration in Pokhara Nepal where he had brought the visa last time i saw him he was in Kathmandu jail.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Foreigners are KNOWINGLY participating in this fraud. Being taken advantage of by your own stupidity isn't a crime but this fraud being facilitated by dodgy locals wouldn't exist if dodgy foreigners didn't seek it.

and just how do you know they are "dodgy" ?   To many Goody 2 Shoes on this Forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 3:44 PM, thequietman said:

So .... those of you who have gone through 'agents' - is your stamp real and proper?

Won't you be a little worried when a real immigration officer has a look through your passport?

Is it worth the risk?

They have now arrested an officer at CW - how deep will this go? and if your extension/visa was processed by the same guy, then there may be a knock on your door. ????

Good luck to you all.

CW is the huge government passport and immigration complex with other things as well it is so huge you have to take a motorbike taxi from the front of building to get to immigration at the back.

When you park there you have to memorize points so that you can find your way back to your car.

I got my sons and my mother in laws passports there in one day and did a visa extension for myself .

The visa extension was a pain, I have never seen so many people getting visa work done, thousands I thought.

I could not wait to get away from the place.

The moral of the story is I would not be surprised if stray stamping occurred at this complex.

18 hours ago, mokwit said:

It seems that way but what would make that difficult is Immigration coming to check on you in your workplace as a part of the process or is that not done at schools?

No idea.

I don't think immigration officers go around to every school checking all the teacher's visas every year. 

5 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Cannot understand why this keeps getting airplay and so many negative comments and people..

See previous topic posts.

Good enough for me. 

And thousands of other people... 

(Without getting too personal or emotional)

my experience. when getting a legal extension was, female imm officer talks to wife for 15 minutes, while my passport is being legally processed .

I have no idea what they are on about as my passport is under process for the extension.

Then directed outside with imm officer who talks another 15 minutes.

Then wife says she wants to give you a marriage visa for one year , no need police report no need money, but she will only  talk to my wife -- fee = 17,ooo Bht.

I say I dont need as we going home and not coming back until next year, when I will obtain a non O married from the Thai consulate, but tell her thanks a lot will come to see her in the future.

So this service is alive and well, thanks a lot for those who need help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. This case does indeed involve a top international school, one that is very well recognized and employs a large number of foreign teachers. This was why the applications did not initially raise any red flags.
  2. It is common at this school, and others like it, to have a small government liaison team who handles all paperwork for the foreign teachers.
  3. A single case had been previously brought to their attention by immigration based on a discrepancy in the paperwork. When asked if the documents belonged to one of their teachers, they indicated that the person in question did not work for them at all. At that point they investigated the employee referenced in the article and discovered that she had been using the school's name to provide others with visas and work permits. She claimed this was the only case, but her employment was terminated at that point.
  4. Following this, she and her accomplice attempted to continue processing the fake documents, at which point they were caught.

The reason they have not released the name of the school is that it would cause unnecessary harm to their reputation. This was illegal on the part of the employee, not the school, and she is rightfully being held liable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Sounds appealing. 

Maybe the actual permit stamps etc. are on top of this.?

This is just the application fee.

Thai Visa is advertising 14,000 renewal extension. 

The local agents group in Pattaya are saying 17k plus 4.5k multiple entry stamp this year.

2 day service. 

All receipts provided. 

No bank book balance required. 

What senior immigration officials do is no different from what senior police officers do.

Just another business day in Thailand. 

PM me if you would like to know the name of my agent on Soi Buakhao that I have used for many years without problems.

Though as a previous poster has alluded to, we now have to go in person to be photographed by the original immigration officer????????????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jack7106 said:

PM me if you would like to know the name of my agent on Soi Buakhao that I have used for many years without problems.

Though as a previous poster has alluded to, we now have to go in person to be photographed by the original immigration officer????????????

I'm central pattaya too.

Thanks. 

Its been a common practice with the preferred agents, that you attend J.I.

Have a snapshot taken by Khun * at desk 8.

You are officially on the books then... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2020 at 10:39 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

No idea.

I don't think immigration officers go around to every school checking all the teacher's visas every year. 

Correct , no money in it for them .

Teachers , small money ,  i should know...

On 1/16/2020 at 10:32 AM, FritsSikkink said:

A lot of foreigners use these agents to bribe immigration as they don't have the funds needed to get a proper visa. why would you pay 20 to 50K when you can get them for a lot less.

Because I’m not interested in spending an entire day at CW and it’s only 12,000 and on the rare occasion I need to do a 90 day report it’s included free of charge.

• Like 1

This is the first time I have seen a Thai instead of a farang in trouble with immigration.

I suspect they weren't paying someone and greedily taking all the 20 to 50k baht

I believe the new rules, enforcement and pedantic bureaucracy are not about getting rid of foreigners but forcing more and more to go to agents with a resulting kick-back to immigration officers

On 1/16/2020 at 9:05 PM, jimn said:

I agree. When I get my extension of stay this year via an agent, the signature on the extension will be the same person who signed it last year when I did it myself.

That in itself brings up another angle here.

Supposing the "guy" whos name/number is on all these stamps ever gets investigated or ends up in deep doo-doo for corrupt takings,

then of course he will say the stamps are fake and others (agents) have simply forged the stamp and copied his name/number, as seen on previous documents.

Who are they gonna believe?

Im sure its not impossible that a corrupt IO about to get fried will sooner throw farangs and agents under a bus instead of going down himself.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:44 AM, thequietman said:

So .... those of you who have gone through 'agents' - is your stamp real and proper?

Won't you be a little worried when a real immigration officer has a look through your passport?

Is it worth the risk?

They have now arrested an officer at CW - how deep will this go? and if your extension/visa was processed by the same guy, then there may be a knock on your door. ????

Good luck to you all.

When I first arrived here 4 yrs ago, my passport was sent by an agent from Chiang Mai to Chonburi for the o-retirement extension stamp. This nearly resulted in a ban for me. I never should have used an agent.

As later, this stamp did not appear in the system in Cheng wattana. They accused me of a fake stamp on the spot. I was told to go to Chonburi, by the immigration officer.

In Chonburi they reviewed my info and stamped, sent me back to Cheng Wattana, who still were <deleted>. I have never really figured it all out, but it scared me.

One thing for sure if my lovely polite wife was not there to translate, and explain I wasn't a bad guy, my goose may have been cooked.

I use agents for nothing now!

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 10:23 AM, NanLaew said:

Foreigners are KNOWINGLY participating in this fraud. Being taken advantage of by your own stupidity isn't a crime but this fraud being facilitated by dodgy locals wouldn't exist if dodgy foreigners didn't seek it.

Not happening if a stupid government was not squashing expats to continue the poverty of its serfs.

8 hours ago, Mambowoman said:

Is there something in that Facebook post that tells you that woman's case is somehow related to the illegalities of the OP here?  I didn't see any such connection, and AFAICT, the FB poster never mentioned what school she was teaching at or who her "agent" was.