Lopburi mall shooting: Police target 10 key locations, amid fears suspect has already fled the country

webfact

And some one that has just watched way too many Hollewood (US) revenge ok'd, total  Violence Movies ! ... .... and thinks that it is OK. ... I bet this <deleted> does not ever forget this, for the rest of his life ! ... Even if he gets away with it.

2 minutes ago, BRUFC said:

If he is rich why do the crime? Doesn't make sense, unless, as others have said, the robbery was a cover for a murder.

You obviously have not been rich around here obviously, ... in "The land of Face" ! ... (Morrons) ... 

Its a very difficult one 

on one had you have that things in Thailand are not transparent and that lets say some criminals get away because of lets so other issue that does not happen in other countries 

We need to respect what is being done even if past performance's don't support or warrant any faith

Yes if officers releasing information it should be bye bye no health fund no pension its time to start being a force not a what do I get from this  

A child was gunned down in cold blood stop the name blame do the work show the world you have some morals and not out for what you get from this 

Everyone [most at this forum] have NOTHING POSITIVE to say about Thailand [its people, and especially the police and government]. That simply begs the question WHY are you still here? Wearing a garment of resentment is a great burden that buries [again, most here] one in a complaint-based lifestyle in which one's attention is consistently drawn to what is wrong and how Thailand fails to meet your expectations. Wake up, or get out.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

Its a very difficult one 

on one had you have that things in Thailand are not transparent and that lets say some criminals get away because of lets so other issue that does not happen in other countries 

We need to respect what is being done even if past performance's don't support or warrant any faith

Yes if officers releasing information it should be bye bye no health fund no pension its time to start being a force not a what do I get from this  

A child was gunned down in cold blood stop the name blame do the work show the world you have some morals and not out for what you get from this 

Yep, showboating all the way. Every 'distressing' item I see on the telly news has cops and hordes of reporters. The body(ies) is/are often still in situ. How do the reporters know to get there if they're not tipped off? To a lesser degree it's the same situation with the Immigration vinyl boards and a press conference 'cos a farang perhaps overstayed by 5 days. Do they not realise just how daft it is?

58 minutes ago, BRUFC said:

But can someone tell me how they 'know' what type of gun was used? Would shell casings give that information?

Well I for one could ID it from the picture, as least as to make. Shell casings can be used to ID a general or a specific handgun. What I mean from that is that the extractor or ejector or firing pins markins can identify in general the weapon as say a S&W style revolver, then if the actual gun is found, absent gunsmithing, you can match a case to the gun by the microscopic markings. However, bullets are also used and will also give a match because the style of lands and grooves differs from gun to gun and the twist and direction thereof (like a twist of RH 1-16" )will tell you a maker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well I for one could ID it from the picture, as least as to make. Shell casings can be used to ID a general or a specific handgun. What I mean from that is that the extractor or ejector or firing pins markins can identify in general the weapon as say a S&W style revolver, then if the actual gun is found, absent gunsmithing, you can match a case to the gun by the microscopic markings. However, bullets are also used and will also give a match because the style of lands and grooves differs from gun to gun and the twist and direction thereof (like a twist of RH 1-16" )will tell you a maker

Thank you for your reply, I'll bow to your knowledge but how could you confidently identify it from a crappy unclear video when the shooter had his hand around the grip all the time ( or did he put it down at some time?...if he did I missed that) and I assume that the 'can' as you've previously called it is as shown in films ( movies), screwed onto the barrel. That would leave just a bit of the barrel and possibly a bit of trigger guard showing to identify it. Right, so any markings on the shell casings can be used to identify the generality of the gun, say 9mm and the make? but not the actual gun until it is found, test fired and all the markings match up identically?

Hmmmmm... A few days into the investigation of a well connected local, seen on CCTV.  And the BIB need to arrest someone or lose face...

Right about this time, I'd suggest that any Burmese guys in the area of about the same height go visit their family back home. 

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

TOP 10 Wanted means there are at least 10 criminals not caught.  Yes, most don't shoot in a mall with 1,000 CTV cameras and escape, but people do escape.  

Of course if this guy was "smart" he would be out of the county with 100 million Baht in offshore accounts underground in a sealed bunker with food for 100-years and a private helicopter and ... blah blah blah....  funny how all TV posters can catch everyone like CSI on TV.  

4 hours ago, BRUFC said:

Thank you for your reply, I'll bow to your knowledge but how could you confidently identify it from a crappy unclear video when the shooter had his hand around the grip all the time ( or did he put it down at some time?...if he did I missed that) and I assume that the 'can' as you've previously called it is as shown in films ( movies), screwed onto the barrel. That would leave just a bit of the barrel and possibly a bit of trigger guard showing to identify it. Right, so any markings on the shell casings can be used to identify the generality of the gun, say 9mm and the make? but not the actual gun until it is found, test fired and all the markings match up identically?

Actually if you look at the pics you see the ejection port? If you can see it, in this case, thats enough to identify the pistol as a "lug locker" ( Browning/CZ/Colt and clones) and then make your guess on the rest u can see. 

The rest is spot on. Bullets test shot out of the gun, matched to those out of the body of victims, cases matched between each other and the gun, bye bye criminal. 

• Thanks 1

This sounds a bit fishy this case Maybe this guy is the son or brother of one of the top guys in the government? Who knows in this Thailand? But if he is smart he would be gone by now Burma. Cambodia.Laos Vietnam Take your pick mate . It will all  unfold in due coarse just like the red Bull case

As i posted before, just after this incident it was reported, the police are doing road checks, well i drove from Sattahip to Trat near the Cambodian boarder NO they were NOT doing any road checks ANYWHERE. Maybe just maybe, around the town where it happened but 100% not nationwide 

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If the killer has the modicum of common sense he will

be over the border ,especially with a shoot to kill order 

on him,just hope the police find this murderer soon.

regards worgeordie

Yes. And if the police ceased parading in front of the press for photo shoots and boasting about what they are going to do, the press wouldn't be able to publicise it. What happened to the 'capture in three days? The five days? Sometime never.

On 1/16/2020 at 4:19 PM, worgeordie said:

If the killer has the modicum of common sense he will

be over the border ,especially with a shoot to kill order 

on him,just hope the police find this murderer soon.

regards worgeordie

The Cambodian Police will probably catch the suspect, they did well with catching the Bangkok bomber, who I thought looked nothing like the CCTV images.

All uyghurs run like hell.

Neither did the B2 look like the CCTV images of the nasty mafia mans son running away from the crime scene