Rats out! "Pretty" farang shames Bangkok with rat infested phone box video!

webfact

40 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well use English then!

"Freakzoided" is not English. It's another one of those lazy American constructs, like POTUS and FLOTUS,

A bit rich for you to be instructing others, when your spellchecker cowers in a dumpster.

12 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Lol - buddy of mine is staying in a serviced apartment near Big C Extra (Central Pattaya).

We were chatting one afternoon at the front door of his building a couple weeks ago when a rat ran down the soi and up the front steps directly towards us.

I snapped my left foot forward and caught the little ***** perfectly, launching him into the air. He landed about 40 feet down the soi, rolled over, got up and made a beeline directly towards us again ! As he got to the stairs I took a step forward and got ready to see if I could boot him even further with my right foot. He got to the stairs and thought better of it, going around to the side and hiding in some shrubs near the buildings water fountain. Didn't seem to be hurt at all.

The Thai women manning the front desk and small shop inside the lobby had a good giggle. Apparently they saw me boot it the first time. I'm sure if I hadn't been there it would have gone into the lobby and back into the kitchen in the rear and no one would have said (or done anything) about it.

My neighbour has 4 cats, another one near me has two, and the rats in the sewers apparently are friendly with them all. My neighbour even says she saw one of her cats carrying a rat like it was a kitten. I said he probably ate it but my neighbour assured me that her cats don't eat rats ! I've seen the rats eating from the cats food dishes with the cats watching from 2 meters away and doing nothing. Frikken useless buggers !

Most big waterfront cities have rat problems. Rats breed prolifically (having litters every 6 weeks in some cases). They can live almost anywhere and apparently survive on any kind of <deleted> (i.e. refuse) and as we all know, the locals tend to throw a lot of <deleted> into the sewers everyday (which often leads to them plugging up and causing the flooding every rainy season in addition to being a smorgasbord for the rat populations).

I recall a story about someplace that had a severe rat problem and started offering bounties - x amount for every rat tail collected. Problem was, people were catching the rats (or growing them), cutting their tails off and then letting them go !

Once you (a community/city) get infested with those disease machines, it's almost impossible to get rid of them. 
In a city like Bangkok ? Sheesh, you could nuke the entire city and wipe out everything and there'd still be 2 things living there.

Rats and cockroaches.

Reminds me of their buddhist (sic) double standards where if  you hurt fido the dog  in any way you are a  blackheart hater yet behead a snake or  kick a  rat and thats "good"

Everybody has run into a rat at one point or the other...the little wannabee starlet should be happy she did not bang into a giant poisonous snake crawling up the toilet bowl and who would have chewed her ar*Se red !!!....:WPFflags:

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

Do BKK rats have badges and pins?

Did the rat in the picture wear any very expensive watches (borrowed from a dead rat)?

Is it true, 250 rats were appointed a very special seat?

Do BKK rats kiss the a## of a top rat known as "uncle"?

I thought rats feast on garbage and sewer sh#t. Someone said these ones prefer a trough!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

Reminds me of their buddhist (sic) double standards where if  you hurt fido the dog  in any way you are a  blackheart hater yet behead a snake or  kick a  rat and thats "good"

I can assure you based on personal experience that if you behead a snake inside your house in Thailand, that is the equivalent of breaking a mirror while passing under a ladder with an opened umbrella to avoid the black cat crossing your path while inside the house.

6 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

At least we have cute ones in Perth WA

Qokka_by_the_Hotel_Rottnest,_WA,_Rottnest_Island.jpg

except that is really a small Wallaby, not a rat... and you'd have to be on Rottnest or Bald islands to view there only habitat 

but to a foreigner she above would be a 'pretty' rat 

much like how a foreigner would call a Koala , a pretty bear 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I think in NYC there was a club of dudes with terriers that would go out and have rat catching contests. I dont know if they stilll do it. Check out the Bedlington Terrier, you dont see those a lot.

I alwys got a kick out of terriers, they are such happy little killers.

The Soi dogs here are too lazy....free rice gruel and leftover Moo Ping...why chase rats ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

"Freakzoided" is not English. It's another one of those lazy American constructs, like POTUS and FLOTUS,

A bit rich for you to be instructing others, when your spellchecker cowers in a dumpster.

I told you Im moderately dyslexic. You make me feel unsafe. Next you will taunt me for being a disgusting fatbody. Where is my Teddy bear!

Freakazoid is English and its a real word, even if made up. JRR Tolkien made up whole worlds, I only dibbledabble in creative writing. Quit being an Orc.

RIP to Christopher Tolkien, truly a heir to his father.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Dumpster is not English either. 

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I can assure you based on personal experience that if you behead a snake inside your house in Thailand, that is the equivalent of breaking a mirror while passing under a ladder with an opened umbrella to avoid the black cat crossing your path while inside the house.

And avoid the cracked floor tile.

22 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Shes cute but why get freakzoided out over a rat? Its a City. A big city. A big old city. A big old city with a lot of garbage. A big old city with a lot of garbage and cats and dogs and yes, even snakes and rats. Bet the rats here look over their shoulders alot, although the predators seem awfully languid here.

Equally if they, the Thai authorities are to be embarrassed then do something about the vermin,  or don't respond to this social media darling. 

32 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

They call it a Bin. WE call it a dumpster. Its a phone booth, not a phone box, its gas not petrol, its a babe, not a bird and its football, not football or whatever.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

I told you Im moderately dyslexic. You make me feel unsafe. Next you will taunt me for being a disgusting fatbody. Where is my Teddy bear!

Freakazoid is English and its a real word, even if made up. JRR Tolkien made up whole worlds, I only dibbledabble in creative writing. Quit being an Orc.

RIP to Christopher Tolkien, truly a heir to his father.

Aaaw, I've hurt your feelings. Never mind, I'll be doing a thread on comfort food shortly to make you feel better. I promise, no salad.

• Haha 1

I would prefer to not see rats in cities where I travel to or live.  If rats shame Thailand  then make it a Priority  to fight them.  I see rats every visit  on suk near soi 38-55.  Good rats  with cash in real Rats out!

Edited by Elkski

18 minutes ago, rvaviator said:
22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would a pretty girl make a video about rats? Does that sell on Instagram or YouTube or wherever? 

Would it help if she was ugly ? ????

If the viewer would prefer to look at the rats maybe that would be a concept she could/should sell. ???? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

it is in the Webster English Dictionary, as a brand name

Names straddle language boundaries...  

it can also be called a Skip (Australia basically uses Queens English)

either way, they can all hold a lot of rats 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, tifino said:

it is in the Webster English Dictionary, as a brand name

Names straddle language boundaries...  

it can also be called a Skip (Australia basically uses Queens English)

either way, they can all hold a lot of rats 

Convertible Lada=Skip in my dictionary.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tifino said:

except that is really a small Wallaby, not a rat... and you'd have to be on Rottnest or Bald islands to view there only habitat 

but to a foreigner she above would be a 'pretty' rat 

much like how a foreigner would call a Koala , a pretty bear 

I know this is not a rat that supposed to be a joke and a Koala is not a bear

• Like 1

The pretty young lady makes us discover rats in Bangkok;
it's good.
but it makes discover to those who did not know yet how much the words maintain, repair and clean do not exist in the dictionary in 26 volumes of the Thai language.
When you see the interior of this electrical cabinet there is something to be afraid of;
and unfortunately it's the same everywhere in Thailand, not just in Bangkok.

Incidentally as Tifino wrote, I hope that she will have no problem with the police because opening an electrical cabinet requires a WP :cheesy: