Lazada just got worse

recom273

I don't know if this is old news.

I haven't had an issues with Lazada for a while, I forgot how wrong things go when they go wrong.

I ordered something, to fit a specific space, storage bins from Tesco Lotus. They were the last remaining two on offer, when the order arrived today they were 10cm taller.

Lazada seems to have now outsourced the English speaking dept to India, where they just tell you there is nothing can be done and to return the goods. No solution for the problem, just send the item back. No offer to contact the seller and ask why the incorrect goods were sent and if it was an honest mistake that can be rectified .. just send the goods back.

How can something that could be great for consumers all over the country, end up going from something a service that was barely acceptable to a total train wreck?

In the end I called the Thai number and spoke to them in Thai, where we started to make steps to a solution. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Lazada seems to have now outsourced the English speaking dept to India,

13 minutes ago, recom273 said:

In the end I called the Thai number and spoke to them in Thai, where we started to make steps to a solution. 

I guess for the far smaller number of English speaking customers they're willing to sacrifice a few.

7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Seen this many times, Thai sellers sending whatever they have as in many cases it's not worth the hassle to change a lower value item. Always instruct to return refund repurchase never known an exchange etc. YMMV

I get what you mean about the exchange, but I have had some times when Lazada have helped out and sorted out the issue. 

It's just that from time to time things do go wrong with Lazada but now there is seemingly nothing that can be done.

In this case, from tomorrow, I'm out of the country, the last thing I want to do is run around and send the stuff back. I tried explaining to the Indian girl, this is outside of her script, sorry if you don't want to accept the goods you must initiate a return and return within 14 days. However, when I spoke to the Thai girl, we reached a solution.

I don't worry in this case, i'm not going to ruin my free afternoon over 400B of plastic boxes, but it really makes me think about ordering from big name sellers in the future.

I just think that now Lazada have taken a further step backwards from their customers.

• Like 1

I have to say my experience with Lazada has almost always been positive. Yep, their control over the quality of sellers/product could be better but I've never had a problem with refunds. If a seller gave me grief over return then a call to the Lazada helpline (English) has always solved the problem.

In fact, just now see that I have a refund to my CC for a knee brace that didn't fit without ever having to send it back (a lousy 103b so I guess they didn't care).

Slightly off topic but i saw a Youtube video the other day about the returns that Amazon get. It amounted to hundreds of thousands of items and millions of dollars. Often it's not worth their trouble to sort out the return so they just stack them in a warehouse and take the hit. Shows how much profit they must make on the other items.

BTW i have always had a good experience with Lazada. Only returned 4 or 5 items out of 200+ purchases and always got a refund.

Lazada deals with many vendors, some good, some bad, and I think their return policy is just the easiest solution for them. I don't think they want to scold vendors about problems which the vendors themselves know about and are refusing to fix. If a vendor gets too many orders returned, they will either go out of business or change their ways. In a society where people seek to avoid confrontation and loss of face, this kind of system seems to work best.