Twenty provinces hit by drought seek urgent assistance

webfact

Twenty provinces hit by drought seek urgent assistance

By The Nation

800_a5da981bb2027b1.jpg?v=1579148453

Twenty provinces have asked the government for urgent disaster support due to the drought, the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) said.

These provinces are: Chiang Rai, Nan, Nakhon Phanom, Maha Sarakham, Bueng Kan, Nong Khai, Buri Ram, Kalasin, Kanchanaburi, Chachoengsao, Phetchabun, Uthai Thani, Nakhon Ratchasima, Uttaradit, Chai Nat, Nakhon Sawan, Suphan Buri, Sukhothai, Phayao and Sakon Nakhon. Some 98 districts, 541 sub-districts, 4,600 villages are in need of assistance.

The DDPM said it has organised water trucks to distribute water to alleviate the suffering of people. It is determining water distribution points so that it can reach people in all areas. It has also requested cooperation from the public to use water conservatively.

People who are suffering from the drought can call for help via 1784, 24 hours, to receive urgent assistance.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380643

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-16
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Where I live since a long time ..

Close Sakon Nakhon town there is a huge natural  lake and I'm sure farmers close that lake are growing two to three crops of rice per year and this year will be no different from the others. 

Perhaps the governors should send their troops to verify that the car wash companies are closing; thus it would save thousands of m3 of water per day.

I hope that the one I use in Klong Lan is open by the end of June. My pickup gets a washtwice a year and the last wash was in December 2019.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Twenty provinces have asked the government for urgent disaster support due to the drought

If it takes an urgent request from 20 provinces to get the government to respond to the drought in progress, the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) doesn't deserve its name in regards to "prevention" and "mitigation." Maybe change the department name to the Department of Disaster Response or Not (DDRN).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

>sigh<

Jesus...not again!

This is such a non- argument, but of course, very populist! 

And it keeps everybody from thinking!

Well done!

Songkhran - the four days every year, that are responsible for the drought in Thailand!

:coffee1:

they wont be so  happy  when they have nowt to drink though

• Sad 1

On 1/16/2020 at 2:55 PM, Saint Nick said:

Songkhran - the four days every year, that are responsible for the drought in Thailand!

Sure you will be able to back up that ridiculous statement? facts, figures, dam levels before and after Songkran will suffice?

Or do you just have an urge to change history :wink:

• Sad 1

On 1/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, webfact said:

Some 98 districts, 541 sub-districts, 4,600 villages are in need of assistance.

best assistance?..... just cancel the water throwing at Songkran, thus huge water savings

• Sad 1