First border crossing with a Non-O Based on Marriage

I recently got a non-0 multiple entry based on marriage in Laos and will be doing a border crossing, probably in Surin or Ubon, and I am wondering what the requirements are since I have never done this type of border crossing and re-entry with this type of visa. Suppose I go to Chong Chom in Surin. First, I find out when the immigration services on both sides of the border are open. When I get there, I go through Thai Immigration, cross the border, pay a fee for the visa into Cambodia, turn around and come back into Thailand. Is that it? 

What if I decide to stay in Cambodia for 3-4 days (or longer). When I go back through Thai immigration, does the next 90 day visa period start when I get back after my 3-4 days or the day I left from Chong Chom. 

Instead of going through a border town, I might fly to Vietnam or Penaeng, Malaysia. Just show my passport in and out. No questions asked. And I can stay 2-3 weeks in either country is if want? 

What are some border crossing options for a quick, same day in and out? 

Chong Chom, Poipet, Chong Mek, Mukdahan. Can you do a border crossing out of Trat? Are some more user friendly than others? Thanks.

You can leave the country, enter the other country and then turn around and come right back at about any border crossing other than Poi Pet (it is the worst of all the crossings).

At crossings to Cambodia you will have to pay about 300 baht extra for not staying overnight.

The 90 day entry will always start on the day you enter Thailand no matter how long you were out of the country.

You can stay out of the country for as long as you want to. 

• Like 2

I once did the turn around trip at Chong Chom border in around 30 minutes, so that was Thai Out - Cambodia Visa, Cambodia In and then Cambodia Out and Thai In.

But it helped that I had already filled in both the Thai and the Cambodian Visa Forms at home.

Chong Chom is an oke border, BUT don't forget a Passport Photo as the Cambodians wants it for their Visa Form (if you don't have 1 you have to pay extra) and also don't forget that you have to pay a "fine" of around 2-300 THB for NOT staying the Night in Cambodia.

Here a Picture where the different Buildings are at the Chong Chom Border

ChongChom.JPG.52c392d154049ff3f1dec8139bdac929.JPG

Edited by MJCM

54 minutes ago, khaepmu said:

Could you clarify this a little bit. You mean once I come back into Thailand with another 90-day visa on my non-0 multiple entry based on marriage, I can, at the end of that 90-day portion of the visa, get a 60-day extension?

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for every 90 day entry from your non-o visa at a immigration office.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for every 90 day entry from your non-o visa at a immigration office.

What paperwork is required for that 60day extension?

Looks like I was wrongly advised at Kalasin IO that I could only get 30 days....but he was clearly a gofer and not the brightest in the pack.

9 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Looks like I was wrongly advised at Kalasin IO that I could only get 30 days....but he was clearly a gofer and not the brightest in the pack.

I answered that question yesterday in another topic. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1143391-another-tm30-question/?do=findComment&comment=14962441

9 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Come on Kalasin Jo. As UbonJoe has posted he answered your question in your TM30 thread yesterday. Dont you read your replies? UJ is a busy man you know lol