Chong Chom border crossing experience

I departed Thailand at the Chong Chom / Osmatch border crossing a few days ago.  The Immigration Officer removed both my TM30 and 90 day report documents from my passport.  I asked him what he was doing and i was told these will be returned to me on my return.  He hadn't even determined if I  was returning via the same point, but that is in fact my intention.   Has anyone experienced this at this border crossing?  I am concerned the I.O. on entry will know nothing about it and this will give me a huge problem at Korat Immigration the following day.

Any personal experiences would be appreciated.   This is on the back of mind and no amount of $1 beers will bring peace of mind.

• Haha 2

The missing 90-day slip is now academic in any event, since you will be resetting the 90-day reporting clock upon your return to Thailand.

The lack of a TM30 slip could, however, be more worrying if it means that you are now going to have to make a special trip to your local immigration office PDQ upon your return to Thailand clutching a freshly-completed TM30, which they might not otherwise have required you to make had the original TM30 slip still been in the passport.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

The missing 90-day slip is now academic in any event, since you will be resetting the 90-day reporting clock upon your return to Thailand.

The lack of a TM30 slip could, however, be more worrying if it means that you are now going to have to make a special trip to your local immigration office PDQ upon your return to Thailand clutching a freshly-completed TM30, which they might not otherwise have required you to make had the original TM30 slip still been in the passport.

CM immigration requires you to do a new TM30 every time you return from another country so the old “missing” TM30 is academic as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...