Liverpool For Champions League Glory Again !

scousemouse

All the signs are there again in 2007 just as they were in 2005 , I strongly predict that Liverpool will will the champions league. We are a better side than 2 years ago and apart from a hiccup against the mancs , are form of late has been superb. If we were allowed to have a bet :o:D then Liverpool would bring the baht home !!!.

Taking a look at the other so called contenders , Chelsea dont have the european pedigree and the atmosphere at stamford bridge is nothing when compared to other venues.

Man U , even though they've got one of the best players in the world ( steven gerrard being the best :D ) in christiano ronaldo , their squad just doesnt look like seeing them through to the end of the year , losing larsson and now the injury to Vidic doesnt bode well for the red devils (superb !!!) , plus with captain Neville out and Rooneys poor form , I can see Man U being happy with the premiership.

That leaves us with psv - no chance!! , Roma - will get beat by united , Valencia - will beat Chelsea but loose to Liverpool in the semi's and both Milan and Bayern are too old. I would love to hear some intelligent opinions on who you think is going to win but I'll still be saying Liverpool !!!!!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't kid yourself. It's going to be Liverpool v Chelsea in the semi's unfortunately as it would have been a much better final than Chelsea v Man U.

Sawadee cap Gummy , what makes you think that your going to beat Valencia !!!! , after the way you played against Watford I hope you do win so we can beat you in the semi's. Luis Garcia , over the line , remember that !!!!.

to be honest i will be happy just winning the league this would be a tremendous achievment seeing has chelsea have bought some of the best players around the world and have a very talented squad.

to win the champions league it is just another cup, far harder to win the league.

when you won it 2 years ago what you finished what 4th or 5th in the league and you managed to fluke winning the champions league,yes you have a good chance of winning again but if you meet us in the final you have no chance.

as for gloatng over vidic,s injury, we have a very reliable cover for him in wes brown,gary neville's cover is john oshea, has for loosing larsson he was good for us but we dont miss him we can score all over the park.

Edited by nev

Don't kid yourself. It's going to be Liverpool v Chelsea in the semi's unfortunately as it would have been a much better final than Chelsea v Man U.

Sawadee cap Gummy , what makes you think that your going to beat Valencia !!!! , after the way you played against Watford I hope you do win so we can beat you in the semi's. Luis Garcia , over the line , remember that !!!!.

Had a good tip from the Government for a fortune teller!! Good enough for Glen Hoddle in his day!!

Taking a look at the other so called contenders , Chelsea dont have the european pedigree and the atmosphere at stamford bridge is nothing when compared to other venues.

Scoucemouse that is a rubbish statement my friend.

Whn CFC play there is a good atmosphere at the bridge especially when we beat the scousers my friend.

CFC v Man Utd Final.

to be honest i will be happy just winning the league this would be a tremendous achievment seeing has chelsea have bought some of the best players around the world and have a very talented squad.

to win the champions league it is just another cup, far harder to win the league.

when you won it 2 years ago what you finished what 4th or 5th in the league and you managed to fluke winning the champions league,yes you have a good chance of winning again but if you meet us in the final you have no chance.

as for gloatng over vidic,s injury, we have a very reliable cover for him in wes brown,gary neville's cover is john oshea, has for loosing larsson he was good for us but we dont miss him we can score all over the park.

Sawadee cap Nev , dont blame you for being happy if you only win the league as everyone knows the treble wont happen this year , but I think if you ask Sir Alex which would he prefer , winning the premiership (that would be 16 titles compared to Liverpools 18) or beating Liverpool in the champions league final we all know which one he would choose.

By the way , the year we won the champions league we finished 4th to qualify and not 5th just like the year united won the champions league you were'nt actually champions of England , it was Arsenal. A bit of a misunderstanding to clear up , I was not gloating over Vidic's , Gary Neville on the other hand !!!.

Would like to hear your own predictions Nev.

Are Ipswich still in the competition?

If not, then I've grown a tiny affection (or was it afliction?) for Man U this year. I'd like to see a British team win it (well English, actually), so I'm gunning for Man U.

I reckon that they have a very good chance too. Roma may not quite have enough.

Whn CFC play there is a good atmosphere at the bridge especially when we beat the scousers my friend.

CFC v Man Utd Final.

Sawadee cap shedend , Liverpool, Ac Milan, Bayern Munich and even Man U have a far stronger european record than Chelsea, so for me to question their european pedigree at this point in the tournament is a quite valid point. Dont get me wrong , I think that if Celsea hold on to mourinho they will win the champions league one day , just not 2007 , this year is Lverpool's.

If not, then I've grown a tiny affection (or was it afliction?) for Man U this year. I'd like to see a British team win it (well English, actually), so I'm gunning for Man U.

Sawadee cap jasreeve17 , it's probably been tough supporting Ipswich and I dont blame you that you would like to see a British team win but gunning for Man U is not cricket at all!!!!. If there is any neutral out there with no team to support then Liverpool is the team , great atmosphere and always a cracking game , they'll never let you down (usually!!!!).

Ive got that same feeling as 2005, but then again I also had that exact same feeling last year against Benfica. I really hope we dont slip up tonight, I cant see it happening but you never know. Im predicting a Liverpool-Manu Final and Stevie G to score the winning goal in the dieing minutes of normal time.

ScouseMouse I take it the ''they'll never let you down (usually!!!!)'' statment, you was refering to the Aston Villa match :o

CFC v Man Utd Final.

Sawadee cap shedend , Liverpool, Ac Milan, Bayern Munich and even Man U have a far stronger european record than Chelsea, so for me to question their european pedigree at this point in the tournament is a quite valid point. Dont get me wrong , I think that if Celsea hold on to mourinho they will win the champions league one day , just not 2007 , this year is Lverpool's.

Congrats Scousemouse that was a very good result last night and it appears now you have booked a SF Slot already. This will urge us on and we will win tonight against Valencia, trust me. We have not been playing well but sooner or later (hopefully tonight) someone is going to be trashed by us.

Agreed as a club we do not have the same pedigree as the clubs you mentioned but just think back a few years a go when we were not even considered a top six side in the English Premier League. We have come on leeps and bounds since then and Roman A. has a lot to do with his input of dosh to buy players etc.

Sawadee cap Nev , dont blame you for being happy if you only win the league as everyone knows the treble wont happen this year , but I think if you ask Sir Alex which would he prefer , winning the premiership (that would be 16 titles compared to Liverpools 18) or beating Liverpool in the champions league final we all know which one he would choose.

By the way , the year we won the champions league we finished 4th to qualify and not 5th just like the year united won the champions league you were'nt actually champions of England , it was Arsenal. A bit of a misunderstanding to clear up , I was not gloating over Vidic's , Gary Neville on the other hand !!!.

sawadee khap scousemouse i am not really good at predictions but i will pun t for a milan v chelsea final,, i hope i am wrong and i really want a all england final, but i have this feeling that fergie will go back to 4 5 1 in europe and this never suits our style of play,, all out 4 4 2 and we will go all the way.

All the signs are there again in 2007 just as they were in 2005 , I strongly predict that Liverpool will will the champions league. We are a better side than 2 years ago and apart from a hiccup against the mancs , are form of late has been superb. If we were allowed to have a bet :D:D then Liverpool would bring the baht home !!!.

Man U , even though they've got one of the best players in the world ( steven gerrard being the best :D ) in christiano ronaldo , their squad just doesnt look like seeing them through to the end of the year , losing larsson and now the injury to Vidic doesnt bode well for the red devils (superb !!!) , plus with captain Neville out and Rooneys poor form , I can see Man U being happy with the premiership.

That leaves us with psv - no chance!! , Roma - will get beat by united , Valencia - will beat Chelsea but loose to Liverpool in the semi's and both Milan and Bayern are too old. I would love to hear some intelligent opinions on who you think is going to win but I'll still be saying Liverpool !!!!!

So you are from the blue half of Liverpool then mate? :o:D:bah:

Sweet result last night with the only blemish being the injury to Aurrelio just has he was starting to look good , sods law eh !!!. I still think that Valencia are going to beat Chelsea and if the blues are to have any chance then the boy Drogba needs to put in a performance and a half tonight. Granted that he has been one of the players of the season so far and is the top scorer in the premiership but I cant help wondering how much of that is down to opposition defenders being wary of shevchenko and giving Drogba all the time in the world ??.

The Mancs will have to much for Roma and whoever wins the battle of the golden oldies , Milan v Bayern will still get turned over by United.

So , I reckon my Liverpool v Man U ( Liv 2-0 Man U ) all english final prediction will look a lot clearer after tonights results. And congratulations to Steven Gerrrard on becoming Liverpools leading scorer in the european cup, overtaking Rushies record

sawadee khap scousemouse i am not really good at predictions but i will pun t for a milan v chelsea final,, i hope i am wrong and i really want a all england final, but i have this feeling that fergie will go back to 4 5 1 in europe and this never suits our style of play,, all out 4 4 2 and we will go all the way.

Ive got that same feeling as 2005, but then again I also had that exact same feeling last year against Benfica. I really hope we dont slip up tonight, I cant see it happening but you never know. Im predicting a Liverpool-Manu Final and Stevie G to score the winning goal in the dieing minutes of normal time.

ScouseMouse I take it the ''they'll never let you down (usually!!!!)'' statment, you was refering to the Aston Villa match :o

Great post Jared , and dont read too much into that game against Villa. If you ask any real Villa fan I'm sure that they would be ashamed with the way they played that day ( 11 men behind the ball playing at home !!). I've got great respect for Martin O'neill and I'm sure that if Villa stay up this year they will certainlt be a better outfit next season (hopefully !!).

CFC v Man Utd Final.

Congrats Scousemouse that was a very good result last night and it appears now you have booked a SF Slot already. This will urge us on and we will win tonight against Valencia, trust me. We have not been playing well but sooner or later (hopefully tonight) someone is going to be trashed by us.

Agreed as a club we do not have the same pedigree as the clubs you mentioned but just think back a few years a go when we were not even considered a top six side in the English Premier League. We have come on leeps and bounds since then and Roman A. has a lot to do with his input of dosh to buy players etc.

I actually do hope you beat Valencia as the atmosphere at the 2005 semi final against Chelsea was one of the greatest european nights seen at Anfield , and to have another crack against the same opposition , at the same stage of the competition and the same ground with the same result would be awsome !!. But my head tells me that Valencia have just a bit more nouse and will do Chelsea over the 2 legs. Chelsea will be there or there abouts for sure in future competitions , especially if they keep the special one , just not this year though.

Well done to Liverpool last night. Excellent game and almost certain to go through now. Excellent strike (again) by Riise, man, he's got good power in his shots. :o

nice to hear some one from Manchester has good things to say about Liverpool !!!

Well done to Liverpool last night. Excellent game and almost certain to go through now. Excellent strike (again) by Riise, man, he's got good power in his shots. :o

nice to hear some one from Manchester has good things to say about Liverpool !!!

That's cos i'm from the nice (Blue) half :D

Sawadee cap jasreeve17 , it's probably been tough supporting Ipswich and I dont blame you that you would like to see a British team win but gunning for Man U is not cricket at all!!!!. If there is any neutral out there with no team to support then Liverpool is the team , great atmosphere and always a cracking game , they'll never let you down (usually!!!!).

Sawadee cap Scousemouse, thanks for the kind words.

Liverpool were good again last night. Coming into great European form at the right time, and with an excellent european manager. You might be right, this could be your year. The team must be confident.

I'll be cheering for them in their next few games (Good to see them slaughter Arsenal too - I come from that neck of the woods and the supporters are a horribly smug bunch.)

well , after the quarter final games I believe my predictions are looking pretty good to come to fruition. Liverpool already through , Chelsea with an uphill task and likely out , Man U , though beaten will still fancy there chances at Old Trafford against Roma and one to pick from the golden oldies of Bayern and Milan .

Quick word on the violence in Rome , once again the Italians put them selves to shame as if they havent had enough bad press the past year. As eveeryone probably knows by know (I hope!!) I am a Liverpool fan and truely enjoy watchimh Man U get beat , lol , but the scenes last night are something that I'm sure every football fan doesnt want to see , policeman beating fans.

Would love to hear if anyone agrees or disagrees with my predictions thanks.

semis

Liverpool v Valencia

Manu v Milan

final

Liverpool 2-0 Man U

after seeing valencia i fancy them finishing chelsea off,and can see them beating liverpool.

united should win the 2nd leg.

so i can now see united v valencia final 2-0 united.

after seeing valencia i fancy them finishing chelsea off,and can see them beating liverpool.

Apart from LFC through it is not over until the fat lady sings fellow supporters.................... Anyway my predictions if they count for anything.

SF

CFC v LFC 2-0

Man Utd v Bayern 3-1

Final

CFC v Man Utd 2-1

Apart from LFC through it is not over until the fat lady sings fellow supporters.................... Anyway my predictions if they count for anything.

SF

CFC v LFC 2-0

Man Utd v Bayern 3-1

Final

CFC v Man Utd 2-1

just a quick one to shedend and nev , I believe my reasons for tipping Liverpool at the beginning to be champs speak for themselves but could you please tell me your reasons for tipping the mancs and chelsea ??? , and to sign off , Liverpool are now favourites (william hill) with the mancs then follwed by chelsea so it does look like one of the winners will come from from england for the third time in 9 years as the bookies do not often get it wrong .

Do the lads think that Brittish football is becoming the major force in Europe once again as they were in the 70's and 80's ????.

well mickeymouse my reason for united is we are by far a better team,your run is only masking your inadequaties in the league you are 21 points off the pace.,

you are our bunnies our last 6 visits to the fortress anfield 5 win 1 draw,we have done the double over you.

you won away to a team that are on par with watford now you are getting all giddy.

who ever you meet in the semi they are by far a better team than you and i cannot see you getting past either.

well mickeymouse my reason for united is we are by far a better team,your run is only masking your inadequaties in the league you are 21 points off the pace.,

you are our bunnies our last 6 visits to the fortress anfield 5 win 1 draw,we have done the double over you.

you won away to a team that are on par with watford now you are getting all giddy.

who ever you meet in the semi they are by far a better team than you and i cannot see you getting past either.

sawadee nev , you must'nt have understood my question mate , I asked you for a reason as to why you think your going to win the champions league , I asked nothing about the premiership. The premier league and the champions league are both completly diffrent competitions and you cannot compere them to each other , so why your going on about the mancs record in the prem I dont know !!!.

And by the way , I was getting " all giddy " a lot long before before we beat a team as you said " on a par with watford". Just to inform you nev , psv eindhoven are top of the dutch league and the reigning champs , hardly watford form.