Liverpool For Champions League Glory Again !

scousemouse

Class game and a well deserved win, How many times did Drogba fall down....the pussy.

LFC-Man U final.....

How much do you reckon a flight from BKK would be to Athens.

:o:D

YNWA

You had to collect the ticket stubs from all the champions league home games to get first option on a final ticket and I got my brother (season ticket holder at Anfield) to collect the stubs for me so it looks like I'm on my way to Athens !!!!!!!!!!.

I'm going to fly to England first to see my family and have just found out that a return flight to Athens from Liverpool is only 49 pound , and my flight from Bangkok to Manchester will be about 30,000 baht return.

GET IN YOU BEAUTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:bah: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know? I can see Chelski falling apart BIG time (and not just this season either)

Terry and Lampard (was he playing tonight? :o ) not commiting to new contracts yet, Shevchenko refusing to travel because he was only named as substitute, Maureen at loggerheads with Abramovich and probably on his way out of the door

All looks a bit grim from the heady heights of boasting a "quadruple", huh?

Penkoprod

Class game and a well deserved win, How many times did Drogba fall down....the pussy.

LFC-Man U final.....

How much do you reckon a flight from BKK would be to Athens.

:D:D

YNWA

You had to collect the ticket stubs from all the champions league home games to get first option on a final ticket and I got my brother (season ticket holder at Anfield) to collect the stubs for me so it looks like I'm on my way to Athens !!!!!!!!!!.

I'm going to fly to England first to see my family and have just found out that a return flight to Athens from Liverpool is only 49 pound , and my flight from Bangkok to Manchester will be about 30,000 baht return.

GET IN YOU BEAUTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:bah::bah: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would be still worth the trip just the laugh, can you imagine the scene over there :o

Tickets will be like gold dust.

Tickets will be like gold dust.

Thankfully, we live next door to the copper in charge of policing at the footy games and he gets an allocation. Time to butter him up a bit, methinks.

Scouse.

Its not what you know its who you know :o:D

You know? I can see Chelski falling apart BIG time (and not just this season either)

Terry and Lampard (was he playing tonight? :o ) not commiting to new contracts yet, Shevchenko refusing to travel because he was only named as substitute, Maureen at loggerheads with Abramovich and probably on his way out of the door

All looks a bit grim from the heady heights of boasting a "quadruple", huh?

Penkoprod

sawadee cap Penkoprod. Totally agree with you and I have been saying the same thing for a while now.

I do not hink the signings of schevchenko and ballack have improved chelsea what so ever. Granted , they are 2 of the worlds best players but they do not fit in to chelsea's system at all , and I think mourinho didnt even want them in the first place which hasnt helped matters.

ANFIELD 4-1 CHELSKI :D:D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Ronaldo and Scholes are both on a yellow card going into tonights match and need to be careful , watch the diving Ronaldo and watch the rash challenges Scholes , I dont want the mancs to have any excuses when we beat them in the final :o:D .

Mourinho also denied that his pre-match spat with Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez helped inspire Liverpool to victory. He added: "I respected Liverpool always in my words. I don't need to say more and today I think the best team was Chelsea."

Come on !!!!!!! :o . Mourinho has finally lost it !!!. The best team lost ??? ,what game was he watching ?!?!?!. I truely believe that some chelsea fans must be a little bit peeved with the wasy he handles his press interviews.

He was a breath of fresh air at the beginning of his managerial stint with chelsea but now he has just become an obnoxious , arrogant self obsessed a#se wipe , no wonder abramhovic wants him out and has told him off.

Even though I am not the biggest fan of the mancs at all , what mourinho had to say about Ronaldo is just snobbish and not welcome. Myabe time to leave jose :D:D .

Well done Liverpool................................only problem was, when the Ref said to the Chelsea lads, " It's penalties" They all said " Wot the "f" are those? We've never 'ad one 'e them before" Only Lampard knew what to do, but then he has to do it nearly every time England play an International in the finals.

All in all Liverpool were far the better team. Chelsea could have had a penalty early on, but it's not the size of the foul that determines spot kicks, it's the size of the game it's in. Probably 50% of refs would have pointed to the spot in a normal game.

By the way, why does everyone call us Chelski. We don't call you lot Mother f**ing, cotton picking, septics. I suppose if we did though, there would be nothing to distinguish you from Man U or Arsenal. At least though we're European backed in a European competition.

And also Scousemouse, you are dead right that the players you mentioned have failed to live up to expectations in the Premiership. But last nights game was not in the Premiership. It was in a competition where they have been shining. Methinks you mentioned this to throw people of the fact that three of the best players in the Champions league campaign were missing last night. Still, I'm not one for excuses. We were beaten fair and square, and with all the Ruski Roubles that everyone is so jealous about missing players should not be a concern to us. JUST GO AND WIN IT NOW, OR I'LL GET REALLY ANGRY.

Aye ... well done Liverpool on beating CHELSKI. Hopefully sets things up for a cracking final against Manchester United.

When it comes to Europe, the current Liverpool side can certainly hold its own; although I still rate the Liverpool team under Bob Paisley as the best Liverpool side I have seen in all my time of watching football.

I'm watching the game again right now on espn and still cant see how the "special one" thinks the best team lost. He needs to either see a shrink or stop talking out of his hoop !!!!! :o .

Was pleased to hear Dirk Kuyt's quote on how he wants the mancs in the final. What a game that would ,will be. The whole of England ,LOS and many other countries will come to a standstill.

Do feel a little , little bit sorry for Terry and Lampard (the only CHELSKI player who looked like he was up for taking a pen ) , at least they won the mickey mouse cup !!!!! :D:D .

_42872101_crouch_getty300.jpg

After missing the trip to Portsmouth, Peter Crouch returns to Liverpool's starting line-up and looks for an early breakthrough

_42872113_midfield_afp416.jpg

Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard do battle in the middle of the pitch as the Reds dominate the early possession

_42872133_pennant_afp416.jpg

On the right, Jermaine Pennant looks increasingly dangerous and causes Ashley Cole a number of problems

_42872187_agger_getty416.jpg

The pressure pays off in the 22nd minute when Gerrard's low free-kick is sweetly sidefooted home by Daniel Agger

_42872207_drogba_getty416.jpg

With the scores level on aggregate, Chelsea almost regain the lead when Didier Drogba finds space but his shot is saved

_42872225_riise_getty416.jpg

John Obi Mikel finds himself in a good position but is denied by John Arne Riise as Chelsea end the half the stronger

_42872265_kalou_afp416.jpg

The Blues' momentum carries through to the second half with Salomon Kalou among those to threaten after the interval

_42872279_crouch2_getty416.jpg

With almost an hour gone, Crouch outjumps Michael Essien to meet Pennant's cross but Petr Cech keeps out his header

_42872341_zenden_pa416.jpg

Boudewijn Zenden tries to fashion something for the hosts but fails as a tight game eventually goes to extra time

_42872355_kuyt_pa220.jpg

Ten minutes in, Dirk Kuyt looks to have got the all-important goal but is given offside after Cech parries Xavi Alonso's shot

_42872395_robben_pa220.jpg

A goal proves elusive so penalties ensue: Zenden scores first for Liverpool while Arjen Robben sees his kick saved

_42872451_geremi_getty416.jpg

The Reds continue to convert without error so when Geremi also fails to find the net, Chelsea look doomed

_42872461_penalty_getty416.jpg

The responsibility of finishing things goes to Kuyt and he duly finds the bottom corner as Liverpool win the shoot-out 4-1

_42872483_winners_getty416.jpg

The players and fans begin their celebrations as they contemplate a trip to another Champions League final

Easy tiger , you had better be chearing Liverpool if we face the mancs Hammer

I think that cheering you on may be putting it a bit strongly. :D

But whoever you play. I'll be hoping that you win. But as I've already said my prediction is AC Milan to lift it (sorry no pun intended) :o

I've been known to be wrong before though. :D

DEAR OH DEAR MANCS :D:D .

let us and yourselves down , we were looking forward to beating you in the final :o .

I think milans 12th man , ancelloti , got his tactics spot on and man u never had a sniff. Tonight I think ferguson was ruing the decision to let a certain mr. van nisterlrooy go , he would have done better than what you had going up front tonight.

Saying that I'm not too dissapointed the mancs got beat :D , but I know for a fact that the milan players and fans have thought about nothing but revenge after what we did to them in 2005 (who blames them :D ) and I think our result last night helped milan in beating man u knownig that they will have a second pop against us.

Ok people , I have decided that if you want to have a pop at your least favourite team you can now do so using a new thread thread

Those of you that continue to slag off other teams on their dedicated thread will be treated in a vulgar fashion..

You are still welcome to add sensible critique but try to be intelligient in your chocie of words.

CHon

Ok people , I have decided that if you want to have a pop at your least favourite team you can now do so using a new thread thread

Those of you that continue to slag off other teams on their dedicated thread will be treated in a vulgar fashion..

You are still welcome to add sensible critique but try to be intelligient in your chocie of words.

CHon

Great new thread chon , but I'm still going to use this thread to give intelligent critique to all the Liverpool bashers :o:D .

So then , Liverpool v A.C Milan , repeat of the 2005 final. The milan players have got revenge on their minds and have been waiting for this game for 2 years.

But were going into this game with a lot more confidence than we had in 2005 ( is that a good thing or a bad thing ??? :D ) . Master tactician Rafa should be able to stop milan.

Our team is a lot better now than it was in 2005 , in the final that year we had Kewell , Traore , Biscan , Barros , Cisse and Hamman playing for us , not the greatest of players at all ( with the exception of Hamman :o ). This year are team is a lot better and there is no way milan are going to race into a 3-0 lead , so it 's got all the makings for a great final.

Right then , back to the boredom of the premiership !! :D .

Liverpool away to fulham this week and I expect Rafa to give the squad players a run and wrap the first team players in cotton wool until the final.

So remember all you epl predictioners , the fulham v Liverpool result might be a bit quirky :o .

I see they are having the champions league 3rd and 4th place playoff on May 20th at Wembley. What does FA stand for again?

and AIG - is it Almost in Greece ?

there having the championship playoffs at wembley , had me confused for a minute there joe ,

"the champions league 3rd and 4th place playoff on May 20th at Wembley"

And as for the F.A and what they will gain fair play to them. After all the troubles in getting wembley up and ready I bet they want to use it as often as possible :o .

Liked the AIG quote :D:D:D .