Bank Letter - non O marriage extension

I need to get a bank letter, to say that my income has been via overseas transfers to my Thai (SCB) bank account for my visa renewal

My initial thought was to get the ban to print the information that shows the details of each of the international transfers and where they came from stamped

From what immigration told me, and what I have seen here before, it sounds like I need an actual letter from my bank for this. Is this correct?

If so, If I go to my bank, SCB, are they likely to know what I am talking about and have a pro-forma style letter for it

thanks

• Thanks 1

Bank letter is different from bank statement. You need two or three documents depending on your immigration office.

1. Bank letter stating the total amount

2. Bank statement for the past 12 months or 3 months depending on your criteria.

3. Photocopies of your bank passbook for the past 2 or 3 months.

The total cost is 200 baht for both 1 and 2. You must photocopy yourself #3. Item #2 seems redundant to me as it is the same as item #3..

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, youngster30uk said:

If so, If I go to my bank, SCB, are they likely to know what I am talking about and have a pro-forma style letter for it

thanks

I do mine on an annual basis, i.e. I have 400,000 baht in the bank, I ask and they provide me with a letter for the immigration office advising them that the 400,000 baht has been in there and still is for the period it was required to be in the account, i.e. 2 months, some will say 3, either way, I always have 400,000 baht sitting in there and top up when required.

The above said, I would imagine that the bank will know what to do, and provide you with a letter stating the facts and copies of deposit pages and dates, don't forget to do an update if you are going the following day to immigration, i.e. an ATM slip or better still walkin to any branch and ask them to update your book after you withdraw 1,000 baht from the ATM as I do.

Just remember you require two copies of all of your paperwork, plus map where residence is, and photos of you and your wife in and out of the house.

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I do mine on an annual basis, i.e. I have 400,000 baht in the bank, I ask and they provide me with a letter for the immigration office advising them that the 400,000 baht has been in there and still is for the period it was required to be in the account, i.e. 2 months, some will say 3, either way, I always have 400,000 baht sitting in there and top up when required.

The OP is using 12 months of transfers into the country to prove his 40k baht income. Much different than the 400k baht in the bank option.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The OP is using 12 months of transfers into the country to prove his 40k baht income. Much different than the 400k baht in the bank option.

Thanks Joe, that is the answer to my Question. I will take a copy of your example to my bank, to help them understand

This is in regards to the Phuket Immigration nonesense. I was told yesterday by a 'supervisor' Important looking dude with 3 stars on his shoulders, that they will accept my application based on income with Embassy letter as long as I have this supporting document so they can be sure my money has come from overseas. 

I think it will be interesting when I go back tomorrow to make the application. I am expecting I will end up seeing the same IO as I saw 4 weeks ago, and have her tell me mai dai, then having to get her boss to tell her that he said can. Not sure how well that will go down

11 minutes ago, youngster30uk said:

This is in regards to the Phuket Immigration nonesense.

This from the volunteers website for retirement since they have not updated the site to show it for marriage.

"Bank deposits statements and bank certificate (Both signed and stamped by the bank) are required showing the overseas transfers for the last 12 months. (Please update your bank book on a regular basis)"

Source: http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

It appears they only want the 12 month statement and the standard bank letter (  bank letter.pdf).

I am sure they will also want copies of your bank book pages.