BANGKOK
Rimmer

Chronically ill Sattahip senior dumped on roadside

Chronically ill Sattahip senior dumped on roadside

Pattaya-News-2-N-Jan-14-01-Senior-left-d

SATTAHIP:-- Sattahip officials hospitalized an ill, elderly man twice put out on the street by family members.

The unidentified Thai man in his 60s was reported to authorities Jan. 14 after living on roadside outside Thepprasit Temple for a month. He was living in a handmade tent with only a mattress, pillow and old clothes.

Wanna Sampawapol, a Sattahip Subdistrict medical practitioner, and medics from the Sawang Rachana Thammasathan Foundation inspected his living quarters and found a water container, rotten food and bloody sputum among the garbage. He was transported to Sattahip Km. 10 Hospital for treatment.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/chronically-ill-sattahip-senior-dumped-on-roadside-284597

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-01-16—

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

Maybe not. The village we lived in there were a few old and very, very poor people scraping a living and when I asked about them was told they used to be rich but gave their land to their children who promptly sold all the land and dumped their parents into poverty never to return. 

Yup. Heard lots of such stories when I was living in the UK. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Keep the bank accounts flush fellas...this is what the future holds, when the money runs dry.

What a load of bovine excretia. 

Do YOU know anyone that this has happened to?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I don't know this guy personally, but same same.  Just dumped in the police station, and what did the caring Pattaya police do, leave him for 3 to 4 days, before the story hit the media, and they were forced into action. 

I agree with CanuckThai. 

Always have enough money to get back to your home country, because a farang is lower than a soi dog here.

Thanks. I had forgotten about that guy.

My bad, :sorry:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

Family members can very callous, and many others are caring and loving.

I was being specific to the OP, your comment does not apply to this particular group of family members. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thanks. I had forgotten about that guy.

That story was reported incorrectly. He was brought there, as he requested, and it was claimed he thought he was in immigration. I also have it on good authority he was extremely difficult and combative when the police volunteers tried to help him.