Thai Civilized party leader proposes legal brothels and adult shops to reduce rape

webfact

Soi 6 every Bar, it seems, is a Brothel been in them all and there is far more than a choice of cold beers, there is many hot Women, or am I day dreaming. Then there is all the other sois and gogo bars are only fronts for Brothels with many people taking a slice of the action. I lived 9 years in Pattaya and the Goverment states prostitution does not exist so that's got to be true for shure. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, RickoMortis said:

Soi 6 every Bar, it seems, is a Brothel been in them all and there is far more than a choice of cold beers, there is many hot Women, or am I day dreaming. Then there is all the other sois and gogo bars are only fronts for Brothels with many people taking a slice of the action. I lived 9 years in Pattaya and the Goverment states prostitution does not exist so that's got to be true for shure. 

No doubt about it. The government is correct. Mate they are only cashiers and hostesses serving drinks - much like airline stewardesses. No different for sure.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Melbun said:

No doubt about it. The government is correct. Mate they are only cashiers and hostesses serving drinks - much like airline stewardesses. No different for sure.

They're just selling high priced condums then giving instructions on how to use them

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

and not to forget in the legalisation process, each lady to have a hooker ID card delivered by the Police and sanitary authorities,  where the beauty is checked for HiV and STD every 2 weeks (at her cost).

why only the ladies?

On 1/16/2020 at 6:29 PM, DLock said:

How does legitimizing an industry that already exists and defines Thailand, reduce rape?

Has he actually done research to realize Thailand IS a giant brothel.

It couldn't become more brothelized...and yet rape happens.

Explain that one, Mong.

Just humour the poor mentally challenged excuses for politicians, they haven't got the first clue about the real world other than thinking it orbits around Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Legalize everything. No joke. Just legalize it all and tax it. Give the tax revenue back to the people in infrastructure, health services. Imagine the savings of even one single drug user. He buys drugs and is taxed. He does not have to be housed in a prison for having the drugs. He does not need to be hospitalized for using a lethal dose or when buying in a dark alley in the hood. There don't need to be as many police to stop the drug users and dealers. This is a huge snowball effect when it comes to revenue. MOST importantly, police would lose some of their goddam powers that they all abuse. 

The only reason this is not happening everywhere is religion and their warped idea of what is right. Just look at how well that is going within the Catholic church and all those little boys being victimized. Religion has <deleted> the common people out of so many common sense positions. The only reason these religious whackjobs want all drugs illegal is they would probably be the first in line to be using them anyway. <deleted> people with no will power have to force their will onto others. 

Edited by sucit

4 minutes ago, sucit said:

Legalize everything. No joke. Just legalize it all and tax it. Give the tax revenue back to the people in infrastructure, health services. 

What, cut-out the fringe benefits for the BIB and their hanger-on's, what sort of person are you -

reducing their living standard. 

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2020 at 6:44 PM, mike787 said:

I would vote for him.  Pattaya could be as much a famous family destination as it could be a brothel.  Currently, Pattaya does not offer much in the way of legal brothels.

are you suggesting a "Family Friendly Brothel"? Kids in the front, daddy's in the rear? Attach it to a version of Dream World and a waterpark with "Daytenders" to supervise the kids and you might just be on to something. :wai:

• Haha 2

It may not be legal. But, walk down many of Bangkok's Chinatown's back streets, and one will find dozens ladies for hire, working openly. To the Western visitor, they are practically invisible. But, to Thais, they are obvious.

Since it is doubtful that tourists account for many rapes in Thailand, and there is already an abundant supply of working women, I doubt any legalization would reduce rape.

https://goo.gl/maps/cTPhXDtBdvRzJrud6

Edited by Curt1591

5 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

It may not be legal. But, walk down many of Bangkok's Chinatown's back streets, and one will find dozens ladies for hire, working openly. To the Western visitor, they are practically invisible. But, to Thais, they are obvious.

Since it is doubtful that tourists account for many rapes in Thailand, and there is already an abundant supply of working women, I doubt any legalization would reduce rape.

https://goo.gl/maps/cTPhXDtBdvRzJrud6

Tourists account for something else: false or unrealistic promises to young Thai women, many of whom now learned that not every Farang is a multi-millionaire with a big house. 

So, the idea to reduce sex work to its roots (instant pay) is not a bad idea. 

10 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Tourists account for something else: false or unrealistic promises to young Thai women,

1. How many tourists do you imagine ever make promises to Thai women who aren't prostitutes?

2. How many prostitutes have you met that don't lie?

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

1. How many tourists do you imagine ever make promises to Thai women who aren't prostitutes?

2. How many prostitutes have you met that don't lie?

1. Many (I didn't count them) . Not every waitress or Thai lady you meet in the streets is a prostitute, but somehow most tourists feel obliged to promise them a rose garden. 

2. I've never met a prostitute that lied to me, and I know dozens. All of them prefer a steady boyfriend (or husband) to a butterfly - and all of them told me that. 

29 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Tourists account for something else: false or unrealistic promises to young Thai women, many of whom now learned that not every Farang is a multi-millionaire with a big house. 

So, the idea to reduce sex work to its roots (instant pay) is not a bad idea. 

I believe that it's the "handsome" tourist that is more often mislead. The vast majority of "young Thai women", with whom most "tourists" become intimate, already know the score. Your average, non-pro, "young Thai woman" will be a little more cautious. 

10 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

I believe that it's the "handsome" tourist that is more often mislead. The vast majority of "young Thai women", with whom most "tourists" become intimate, already know the score. Your average, non-pro, "young Thai woman" will be a little more cautious. 

Maybe you're right. But then how come so many oldish fat Farangs don't have a mirror to tell them how "handsome" they are ?

Of course, many young Thai women know the score, every waitress or massage girl does. Sex tourists should know this too. But it's the sex tourists that make the false promises - not the young Thai ladies from the Issan who - as former farmer girls - can calculate quite well (based on facts) And of course, they get more cautious now - too many of them were disappointed when they faced Western reality. 

36 minutes ago, micmichd said:

1. Many (I didn't count them) . Not every waitress or Thai lady you meet in the streets is a prostitute, but somehow most tourists feel obliged to promise them a rose garden. 

2. I've never met a prostitute that lied to me, and I know dozens. All of them prefer a steady boyfriend (or husband) to a butterfly - and all of them told me that. 

We are talking about Pattaya and Phuket?

Ok, men are bad, women are good, etc.

Another on ignore, I can't take this level of 'white knighting'.

Edited by BritManToo

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

We are talking about Pattaya and Phuket?

Ok, men are bad, women are good, etc.

Another on ignore, I can't take this level of 'white knighting'.

Pattaya, and the Isssan. 

I'm an anthropologist, and I don't share Western values at all. I don't judge, either, and I'm certainly not a follower of the Western #Me Too movement. 

Here's an anthropologists's view that would certainly upset the Western #MeToo movement: 

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers-submissions/2009/11/the-rosetta-stone-of-womens-behavior/ 

It's very interesting, but it applies only to women who can't get or or don't want a job. Like in the West, where more and more women now hang around and speculate on alimony, benefits from their nanny state, or heritages. All these Western women definitely hate Thai women, because those Thai beauties are their strongest competitors. 

On 1/16/2020 at 3:36 PM, Fred white said:

Rape has nothing to do with procreation it's about power and forcing a person to submit

Youre at least right on one count,  it's got nothing to do with the desire to make children. Then again most sex humans engage in has this distinction.

This is the common hackneyed feminist wisdom. Following this logic the world is full of serial rapists. Power! Force!

Men without money, looks, no options just have a go at it. Could it ever be?? Happens all the time in India. Bet it happens on college campuses. Men aren't stalking the woman, she often ends up in an inopportune situation and the men have a go at her because they are horny. Far different than serial rapists.

Not every man is a potential rapist. Sorry if that makes you unhappy.

15 hours ago, micmichd said:

All men give false promises to ladies with whose panties they would like to remove. You poor sap. And you are a self acknowledged whore monger as well tsk tsk

6 hours ago, Melbun said:

All men give false promises to ladies with whose panties they would like to remove. You poor sap. And you are a self acknowledged whore monger as well tsk tsk

I'm not "all men", and I don't have to <deleted> every bar girl to find out what she expects from life. Once again: all Thai ladies I met were absolutely honest, whether sex workers or not. You don't have to make false promises to a prostitute. Just pay the fixed salary, and that's it. 

Edited by micmichd
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, micmichd said:

I'm not "all men", and I don't have to <deleted> every bar girl to find out what she expects from life. Once again: all Thai ladies I met were absolutely honest, whether sex workers or not. You don't have to make false promises to a prostitute. Just pay the fixed salary, and that's it. 

OK - I take that back. YOU don't have to **** every bar girl to find out what she expects. In your case, just a few you have associated with wink wink have spilled the beans to you. Congrats - you got it out of them cheaply . Well done !! :)