How long to stay after retirement visa expires?

Hi All,

A quick question regarding a retirement visa.

If you let your retirement visa expire without renewing it how long are you legally allowed to stay in Thailand after the expiry date?

For example if the retirement visa expiry date is 20th January is it 7 days after the expiry date making it the 27th the last day of stay in Thailand?

Much appreciated of your knowledge. 

• Confused 1

Leave before your permission of stay expires. The 7 days you refer to is when people apply for extension aware it will be rejected and then given 7 days to leave.

By "retirement Visa" do you mean non O-A

If yes then before OA expire exit and reenter and you will be stamped in for another 12 months

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

Until midnight on the day your permission to stay expires (that may not be the same day your visa expires).

You may be able to get a 7 day extension (actually it would be a denied extension) for the usual 1,900 Baht.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You have to leave at midnight the same day as your stamp in passport says you have permission to stay until. Have nothing to do with what day the visa expire.

I was stamped in and the permission to stay is aligned with the exact same date my retirement visa expires?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buddy said:

I was stamped in and the permission to stay is aligned with the exact same date my retirement visa expires?

where was this 'retirement visa' issued, i think you are referring to a re-entry permit issued against a yearly extension issued by local immigration within Thailand

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, buddy said:

I expect you are stamped in to the same date as your Permission To Stay Extension date. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On January 16, 2020 at 3:15 PM, buddy said:

If you let your retirement visa expire without renewing it how long are you legally allowed to stay in Thailand after the expiry date?

My so-called retirement visa expired over a decade ago. Fortunately I've maintained my permission to stay validity.

The extra 7 days is given when an application for an extension is denied and immigrations gives you 7 days to leave. Not certain but the 7 days is probably from the day your application is denied.

• Like 1

OP - to get clear answers you should clarify - are you on an Extension of Stay from a non immigrant visa you once held. Or are you here on a Non Imm. O-A Visa issued in your home country at a Thai Consulate? If O-A Visa are you here in the first year or second year?