Short term condo rental - could this work?

It seems that Jomtien immigration requires a minimum 3 month rental for renewing extensions of stay. Problems also if owner is not Thai. 
I have a friend who has a studio apartment in Jomtien just off beach road (walking distance to the beach) that is empty as he has relocated. I believe he mentioned that the apartment is in his wife’s (Thai) name. 

What if he (his Wife rather) is willing to do a 3 month or more backdated lease contract to fulfill this requirement? For a fee naturally. First hurdle would be TM30 but it seems that Jomtien immigration is not asking for this? I’m sure this would cost a lot less than the 20k one poster seems to have to pay to an agent. 

You could do rental agreement with his wife. It could be open ended that I sure immigration will accept it.

The date on it could be earlier than when you start staying there. Be sure you get a copy of her house book and ID card signed by her.

If needed you could do the TM30 report as the possessor by having the agreement and the signed copies I mentioned.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could do rental agreement with his wife. It could be open ended that I sure immigration will accept it.

The date on it could be earlier than when you start staying there. Be sure you get a copy of her house book and ID card signed by her.

If needed you could do the TM30 report as the possessor by having the agreement and the signed copies I mentioned.

It’s not for me personally as I’m in CM. Just thought that this could help out some posters in the future. If not illegal, then I will suggest it to my friend so that he can at least earn a bit of money rather than just leaving the condo empty.