Residence Certificate for Bangkok Drivers License USA Embassy

atyclb

• 2 weeks later...

Have to have a 90-day report in PP or they turn you away and tell you to go to the Embassy. Despite having rental agreement at this residence...years of extensions while residing at this residence...hand drawn maps to this residence...TM6 landing card for years at this residence...and TM30 reports at this residence. Turned me away in a minute saying...no 90-day report, no Residence Certificate. I don't understand how one is related to the other. TIT to the MAX. ????

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

io at chaeng wattana told me to return in 2 weeks for residency certificate as i had just recently mailed the tm30. guess they need 2 weeks to process it.

Just did this at CW 2 days ago. While waiting to file my first ever 90 day report, I asked the B section desk what I needed for the residency cert. She saw the 90 day form I was waiting to submit and told me to make a copy of the receipt along with the other standard passport pages incl TM6.

Afterwards I was told I would get my residence cert in the mail within the next 4 weeks.

1 hour ago, JerseytoBKK said:
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

io at chaeng wattana told me to return in 2 weeks for residency certificate as i had just recently mailed the tm30. guess they need 2 weeks to process it.

Just did this at CW 2 days ago. While waiting to file my first ever 90 day report, I asked the B section desk what I needed for the residency cert. She saw the 90 day form I was waiting to submit and told me to make a copy of the receipt along with the other standard passport pages incl TM6.

Afterwards I was told I would get my residence cert in the mail within the next 4 weeks.

they do not issue it there??  can you get for extra fee? issued there

I was under the impression that they always mailed the cert to the home address you listed on the form which they checked against your record on their computer. Since this was my first time, maybe someone with more experience will verify.

Maybe this should be moved to the the motoring forum or immigration forum so someone like Ubonjoe can comment.

Edited by JerseytoBKK

interesting experience at bkk immigration.  seems that despite being sent registered post tm30's are being entered randomly or not at all. good thing i showed photocopies of tm30 and registered post receipts and receipt of delivery.

io had me rewrite tm30 with same date/info as one i'd already sent registered post.

also were thermal tem scanning all that entered immigration office door but anyone could freely enter and leave via the middle door.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, atyclb said:

interesting experience at bkk immigration.  seems that despite being sent registered post tm30's are being entered randomly or not at all. good thing i showed photocopies of tm30 and registered post receipts and receipt of delivery.

io had me rewrite tm30 with same date/info as one i'd already sent registered post.

also were thermal tem scanning all that entered immigration office door but anyone could freely enter and leave via the middle door.

Like pretty much everything here...random, unclear, scattershot, vague, asinine and the list goes on ad nauseam. ???? 

• Thanks 1