Deputy PM Somkid: One trillion baht from state budget to stimulate economy

snoop1130

The future starts tomorrow.  He knows keeping the poor poorly educated and struggling is the only way inbreds like him can enjoy unmitigated power.  

Allowing tourists longer stays will help tourism.  When the coup first happened many eateries  lost their regular customers, their bread and butter, their reliable income.  Get rid of the worst labor laws in Asia and watch luxury hotels fill up with business people wanting to do business with SME's.  Otherwise ask why the Vietnamese have not thanked you formally for sending them so many that you have shun and bolstering their economy. 

Most of this money he is talking about benefits the wealthy as usual, and very little will trickle down.  He is a broken record.

Edited by yellowboat
  • Like 2

I'm wondering what government so-called stimulus has ever worked for any one but them, their families, and buddies.  I don't know of one that has ever worked for the everyday person...

If you truly want a stimulus to work, take the trillion dollars, baht, or whatever currency and distribute it tax free to the people, then watch the economy go crazy as the people buy the things they need with it...

I remember Obama's trillion dollar stimulus that even he admitted a couple of years later was a complete failure...saying "ahhh it wasn't exactly shovel ready" with the money gone to the banks, other financial corporations, and corporations of CEO's that backed him...  Taxpayers money given away as free gifts.  This was proven by a Wall Street Journal reporter who wrote about it.

And the Thai gov't wants a stronger baht....

Edited by JMSIII
add
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

I'm wondering what government so-called stimulus has ever worked for any one but them, their families, and buddies.  I don't know of one that has ever worked for the everyday person...

If you truly want a stimulus to work, take the trillion dollars, baht, or whatever currency and distribute it tax free to the people, then watch the economy go crazy as the people buy the things they need with it...

I remember Obama's trillion dollar stimulus that even he admitted a couple of years later was a complete failure...saying "ahhh it wasn't exactly shovel ready" with the money gone to the banks, other financial corporations, and corporations of CEO's that backed him...  Taxpayers money given away as free gifts.  This was proven by a Wall Street Journal reporter who wrote about it.

And the Thai gov't wants a stronger baht....

They are stealing the money they don't give it all. Don't be silly.

I hope the minister is aware that it is not the government's money or budget but they are burning taxpayers money by the truck load.

The stimulation of the economy has to do with the interest rates dictated by the Bank of Thailand (see what happened when Prem took over as PM some 40 years ago); fiddling around with the currencies requires serious indepth knowledge and an absolute synchronization between the finance ministry and the national bank. 

But yeah, we will see - until then the Thai people will be paying straight through their noses for all this disaster. Instead of serving its people with free education, desalination plants for potable water and sustainable energy and pollution management (zero taxation on solar panels spring to mind) they rather go for tanks, submarines and other big-boys-toys; latter less for defence but the little perks attached to such contract signatures - the writing is on the wall ???? 

On 1/16/2020 at 5:59 PM, snoop1130 said:

They will support the grassroots economy, promote a creative economy and drive the the Bio-Economy, Circular Economy and Green Economy (BCG) model.

????????????????????  definitions and details please

so, educated people are not needed for these?

On 1/16/2020 at 5:59 PM, snoop1130 said:

to stimulate the Thai economy.

Since 2015 the Prayut government has only succeeded to increase income inequality.

Not only did Thailand have the widest income inequality in ASEAN, it surpassed Russia and India as the most unequal worldwide.

image.png.cbc0bcea1ad6c36c47d775616790c3a5.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/716001/share-of-household-income-levels-in-thailand-forecast/

Obviously, the government's "stimulation" plans have been more in the realm of uncontrolled electric shock therapy that is killing the patient.