BANGKOK
snoop1130

Deputy PM Somkid: One trillion baht from state budget to stimulate economy

I thought the premier has said the economy is just picketyboo and the government is replete with strategic Master plans and such.

Perhaps I was wrong.

• Thanks 1

The future starts tomorrow.  He knows keeping the poor poorly educated and struggling is the only way inbreds like him can enjoy unmitigated power.  

Allowing tourists longer stays will help tourism.  When the coup first happened many eateries  lost their regular customers, their bread and butter, their reliable income.  Get rid of the worst labor laws in Asia and watch luxury hotels fill up with business people wanting to do business with SME's.  Otherwise ask why the Vietnamese have not thanked you formally for sending them so many that you have shun and bolstering their economy. 

Most of this money he is talking about benefits the wealthy as usual, and very little will trickle down.  He is a broken record.

Edited by yellowboat
  • Like 2

I'm wondering what government so-called stimulus has ever worked for any one but them, their families, and buddies.  I don't know of one that has ever worked for the everyday person...

If you truly want a stimulus to work, take the trillion dollars, baht, or whatever currency and distribute it tax free to the people, then watch the economy go crazy as the people buy the things they need with it...

I remember Obama's trillion dollar stimulus that even he admitted a couple of years later was a complete failure...saying "ahhh it wasn't exactly shovel ready" with the money gone to the banks, other financial corporations, and corporations of CEO's that backed him...  Taxpayers money given away as free gifts.  This was proven by a Wall Street Journal reporter who wrote about it.

And the Thai gov't wants a stronger baht....

Edited by JMSIII
add
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

I'm wondering what government so-called stimulus has ever worked for any one but them, their families, and buddies.  I don't know of one that has ever worked for the everyday person...

If you truly want a stimulus to work, take the trillion dollars, baht, or whatever currency and distribute it tax free to the people, then watch the economy go crazy as the people buy the things they need with it...

I remember Obama's trillion dollar stimulus that even he admitted a couple of years later was a complete failure...saying "ahhh it wasn't exactly shovel ready" with the money gone to the banks, other financial corporations, and corporations of CEO's that backed him...  Taxpayers money given away as free gifts.  This was proven by a Wall Street Journal reporter who wrote about it.

And the Thai gov't wants a stronger baht....

They are stealing the money they don't give it all. Don't be silly.

Remember folks.. Populism is bad, and popuist policies are enough to raise street protests and bring down the elected government.. 

Get your whistles out for the lads !!