BANGKOK
trigger571

Finance in divorce

This post has been a wake up call for me . I was giving 25/30k and getting nothing but more problems and cries for more . 

Thank you op , I have now seen the light. 😉Hallelujah!

I was going to say whatever you can afford for your child. 25k + the extras you have mentioned sounds fair, it will ensure a decent life for your kid. Don't get bogged down with the comments from the losers on this site who suggest that this is too much. Never forget that the kid is your blood and Thailand is not cheap anymore.

• Thanks 2

Don't know how much you put into the business, but if your wife continues to run it then surely she will subsidise it from your 25K so I guess the question is how much would be left to take care of your son?

If you not want to take care of your child and still feel resoponcible for you child pay the thing you can control

Like school, sports, transport from and to school. The Medical insurance and other insurances as well the clothes toys 

To be sure of a ride then also provide a good rental car with maintance

As well have a nice place for your child to stay.

Then also provide food by sending tesco to them with what you ordered.

It is the cheapest way and have total control over your money.

Alternatively

If you are like most man. Man who not take much care of a child. Then just give some monthly money to buy off and leave a half thia chold behind that needs the care and protection of his non thai parent.

What I did?

Changed all and took the child with me.

On 1/16/2020 at 6:07 PM, BritManToo said:

3,000bht/month is what the court usually suggests.

Agree to pay that, then you can give more (unofficially) if she plays ball about access/visiting, etc.

This is actually quite a good idea.. kudos Britman2-to-too... though the amount is too low... giving 10-15 would be fine and then keep the rest and mete out as needed... and you will be seen as generous. 

of course, a lot of your fate depends upon what has been already said... if you have mentioned 25k per month, then give anything less - - you are then reneging and it will not be taken well... nobody wants to go backwards... 

For what it is worth would not pay anymore than 10,000 BHt to her in cash.

I would arrange to pay the school fees directly to the school/University

On 1/17/2020 at 12:02 AM, trigger571 said:

i am thinking 25,000 per month for my child plus half education and medical bills. Sound fair?

No. Average wage is way lower than that. My knowledge on that is out of date, so find out and offer half of it.

However, worth subsidising education if want child to have good one and also health care.

On 1/18/2020 at 5:34 AM, Bigz said:

I was going to say whatever you can afford for your child. 25k + the extras you have mentioned sounds fair, it will ensure a decent life for your kid. Don't get bogged down with the comments from the losers on this site who suggest that this is too much. Never forget that the kid is your blood and Thailand is not cheap anymore.

Thailand is only expensive if want to live like rich farang.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:34 PM, Bigz said:

That is fine if you are paying 25k directly for your kid, if you are just giving it to the ex then she might only spend 1k on the kid and rest for herself....