Half of trucks checked in Don Mueang spewing pollutants

snoop1130

Attempting to control truck traffic is futile and will never work.....trucks are Bangkok' and indeed Thailand' only source of transportation of goods.

Reduce truck travel times and therefore reduce the economy.

This initiative will be short lived once the connected start complaining to their MP mates.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blackcab said:

Cheaper to pay the fine than get the emissions sorted.

to order the drivers of the 12 trucks to keep them off the road while the necessary engine improvements are made, and that has to be done within 30 days. 

Operators of trucks that miss the deadline can be fined up to Bt5,000.

Maybe you did not read the full article. They take the vehicle OFF the road until the repairs are made. IF the repairs are not made, in addition to the penalty of not having the vehicle for the 30 days they are fines 5000BHT - but the vehicle still stays off the road until the repairs are made.

Presumably there is another 5000BHT fine after the second 30 days. 

I would have thought that having the vehicle off the road was a pretty good incentive to get it fixed so that it is back on so it can operable and make some money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Attempting to control truck traffic is futile and will never work.....trucks are Bangkok' and indeed Thailand' only source of transportation of goods.

Reduce truck travel times and therefore reduce the economy.

This initiative will be short lived once the connected start complaining to their MP mates.

They should have these checks up country as well, not just in the Bangkok area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mickey rat said:

Don Mueang, is not the center of the universe, the entire country from North to South is covered in unhealthy 2.5 PM levels.

They checked 25 trucks to figure out what any 5 year old could tell them? That half the pickups, 6 and 10 wheel trucks in this country have been modified to produce maximum power, black smoke and noise. Thai government solution: stay inside, reduce activities and wear a mask.. that'll fix it.????

12 out of 25 in two hours work on one day, on one BKK roadway.

Job well done... BKK air pollution problem solved. Back to sleep now.

PS-  they didn't actually say what happened with the offending trucks. The PCD staff person said they're EMPOWERED to keep the polluting trucks off the road. But I'll bet, they simply let all of them drive away with a warning to fix their pollution problem or else... And more than likely, there will be no "or else."

• Like 2

This nation has a weird love affair with dirty diesel, absolutely oblivious to the damage it causes , I contronted a mini van driver who was parked under my balcony with his engine ideling , belching out smoke...he was absolutely clueless....''tamachad''he said.....what a > delete delete delete<

Edited by mok199

31 minutes ago, mok199 said:

This nation has a weird love affair with dirty diesel, absolutely oblivious to the damage it causes , I contronted a mini van driver who was parked under my balcony with his engine ideling , belching out smoke...he was absolutely clueless....''tamachad''he said.....what a > delete delete delete<

Are you sure?

Tamada = normal

Tamachat = wildlife/nature.

Edited by BritManToo