Steam Iron Repairs?

TaaSaparot

Anyone know of any Person/Company that can fix Steam Irons?

The only ones I can find are the type that make that sucking noise through their teeth, and say can not, or can not too expensive.

I am talking about the expensive Steam Generator type irons here.

Any advice is much appreciated.

2 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Yes, no interest.

Nam Chai Service Center not much use either.

I can only think of the place in the basement in Tuk Com. Usually one finds a new part is needed that you can't get your hands on... always push you to buy a new one. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I can only think of the place in the basement in Tuk Com. Usually one finds a new part is needed that you can't get your hands on... always push you to buy a new one. 

Don't think Amorn have a repair service though, do they?

We have an expensive, Electrolux steam iron, about 5 years old, that suddenly stopped steaming. Out of warranty and failing to find any semblance of in-country support from the manufacturer, I did the usual YouTube searches and apparently it needs some 'dealer reset'. So at that point with local manufacturer support ending in a false trail and everyone complaining about the cheap, temporary replacement, we just went and bought a new expensive one.

lazada is your friend.

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Buy another steam iron for 300 baht until you can find a fix for "expensive one"  although I doubt that will happen in this country. 

A 300 baht one in no way replaces a 17,000 baht one.

But anyway its not a replacement I am looking for, but someone who knows how to take them apart, fix them and put them back together.

12 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

But anyway its not a replacement I am looking for, but someone who knows how to take them apart, fix them and put them back together.

I am great at the taking apart bit....stuck from there though. I once managed to fix a coffee maker by having a part shipped from Italy! What brand name are you talking of?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Clearly didnt read or perhaps understand

"until you can find a fix" as at no time did I suggest otherwise.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:25 AM, CharlieH said:

Clearly didnt read or perhaps understand

"until you can find a fix" as at no time did I suggest otherwise.

8 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

I was looking for specifics, not just trade titles.

I could suggest an excellent competent Thai electrician/technician who would only be too happy to take a look at it and give you an honest assessment as to whether he could repair it or not....but then again after reading your replies to other helpful contributions as above I will not bother....:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had no issues getting a used 2nd hand hotel system fixed by official Tfal repair.  But this was done by the hotel service manager so might check if any of them willing to act.  It cost 4,100 baht in October 2017 and still working fine (but our use is household of 9 rather than hotel). 

• Like 1

I'm having a Philips Sonicare toothbrush. Never used, but maybe 3 yo and the battery is gone.

Amorn would have been the right place to fix it, but they are in need of a technician since about one year and don't accept repairs anymore.

Philips has a service center in Pattaya, the next small Soi after Harbor Mall on the same side. Maybe you want to give it a try. I was refused there with my Sonicare though.