English Language Test for 2nd FLR Application

I read on here previously that an English language certificate for a UK visa can be used even if it is over 2 years old if it has previously been used for a prior application.  My wife is coming to the end of her FLR and she passed at B1 level for that application.  She is unlikely to pass the LITUK test for ILR so we are planning a second FLR application.  Can anyone just confirm that her B1 pass at Trinity will still be valid for a second FLR application outside 2 years?

As long as the college she did the B1 exam is still on the list of approved colleges it is fine. That's unless they have recently changed anything, of course.

LITUK is not that hard if your wife is happy to stick at it for a while.

Join this Facebook group and take a look and you might be surprised. I have a Thai translation of a lot of the LITUK guidebook which can be useful but I do urge you to look at the Facebook group first.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1326461717481328/

• 4 months later...

Just to update this thread  my wife has taken the life in the UK test having practised the exams 1–15 referred to above. She did fail the first time but passed the second time. Very sound advice from rasg. Did your wife pass? If there are any others out there with Thai partners I would heartily recommend doing these example tests rather than reading the book which is just too difficult in my opinion. Good luck to anyone going through this process.

Actually I don't agree that LITUK is as easy as some of you seem to be saying. Most Brits couldn't pass LITUK without studying it - and quite a lot wouldn't pass with studying it. Also the sample test questions are not exactly the same as the actual test questions. By that I mean that they change the wording around so it is asked in a different way. AFAIK it is not possible to get the actual exact questions.

My wife studied LITUK for 2 years (with the Thai translation version) and failed both times she took it. She got 12 right first time and 10 the second. The pass is 18 out of 24 so she was nowhere near it. I have stopped her doing it now because I didn't want to put her through it anymore.

I wasn’t suggesting for 1 minute that the  test was easy . I agree that they change the wording but if you practice the tests enough you have a good chance of passing. The wording in my wife’s second test was close enough for her to understand the question.Certainly a better chance  than reading the book. And with the health surcharge going up and up getting ILR has never been a better idea. Sorry about your wife durhamboy and I know how stressful it all is. Nowadays they don’t even tell you your score. You get an e mail after 10 minutes with one word Pass or Fail.

Archived