BANGKOK
bigyin

English Language Test for 2nd FLR Application

I read on here previously that an English language certificate for a UK visa can be used even if it is over 2 years old if it has previously been used for a prior application.  My wife is coming to the end of her FLR and she passed at B1 level for that application.  She is unlikely to pass the LITUK test for ILR so we are planning a second FLR application.  Can anyone just confirm that her B1 pass at Trinity will still be valid for a second FLR application outside 2 years?

As long as the college she did the B1 exam is still on the list of approved colleges it is fine. That's unless they have recently changed anything, of course.

LITUK is not that hard if your wife is happy to stick at it for a while.

Join this Facebook group and take a look and you might be surprised. I have a Thai translation of a lot of the LITUK guidebook which can be useful but I do urge you to look at the Facebook group first.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1326461717481328/

When you say B1, is it from this chart below?

CEFR.jpg

Edited by EricTh

Following the advice from rasg I joined the Facebook group and it has some very surprising and useful advice for anyone planning to take the tes. Thank you rasg.

My pleasure. My wife is currently doing a test each night until she knows it. Apparently, if an applicant can learn the 15 main tests on the Facebook group, they should pass.